Calc FAQ - Formatting Spreadsheets
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
This page has FAQs about formatting spreadsheets in OpenOffice.org Calc. This list is ordered by popularity. The most popular FAQs are at the top. But also have a look at the bottom to find any new entries.
- How can I create a drop-down list that references a list of values to select from?
- How do I insert superscript or subscript text in my spreadsheet?
- How do I wrap text within a cell in my spreadsheet?
- How can I use a dot (.) as decimal sign instead of a comma?
- How can I use conditional formatting?
- How can links to other workbooks, including vlookups, update dynamically?
- How do I add additional strings or characters to cell contents?
- How do I insert a page number in the form of 'Page 1 of N' on each page of a spreadsheet?
- How are thick lines or borders created around my cells?
- How do I format cells in Calc so that the rows number automatically?
- Is there a way to add times that total greater than 24 hrs?
- How can I create my own sort lists?
- How do I use styles and formatting?
- How do I make a wide title cell extend across several columns in my spreadsheet?
- I have a custom number format that I use, but Calc forgets it.
- Some of the rows or columns in my spreadsheet are hidden. How do I see all rows or columns?
- How do I disable the capitalized letter at the beginning of cells in Calc?
- Can I center my text so that the text will flow both to the left and right if the cells are empty?
- How do I rotate a column title so that it fits above my very narrow column?
- How are notes within cells displayed?
- Why are my notes not showing for cells?
Add a new FAQ entry