O3 Build CD should enable new developers of OpenOffice.org to start with Development for OpenOffice.org without the need to take care of every prerequisites the OpenOffice.org build system needs.
It also comes with a glibc 2.24 installed which allows the created executables to run on almost every Linux system.
Objective: mount cd to /o3
modify and execute for Linux /o3/lx_ia32/setgulls (add the path to OOo source tree)
and enjoy !!
On Windows: please install the prerequites described in Developers starter.odt or use Building_OOo_with_Cygwin_on_Windows for a detailed description of the setup.
subst p: e: (e> your favorite DVD-drive)
modify and execute /o3/win32/setgulls.win32
latest download : http://ooo.services.openoffice.org/pub/OpenOffice.org/cws/upload/o3/
new in 20061006:
- added OpenOffice.org 2.0.4rc3 install in /o3/lx_ia32/Office
- added SDK in /o3/lx_ia32/Office_SDK
- added libz.so
- added cvs-1.12
- added gdb 6.5
new in 20061008:
- added missing Linux kernel includes
- added pam header files
- added cups header files
- added gcc (2.95.3)
- added vim 7.0
- added emacs 21.4
new in 20061011
- added patched gcc-3.4.1 used by Hamburg RE
new in 20061105
- added source tar ball
- moved libelf.so into libexec (make requires libelf.so which is not available on all systems)
- libXm.so into libexec (needed for vim)
- added LD_LIBRARY_PATH with libexec
- added fixme with patches for open problems, make the setgull script use of it.
new in 20061108
- gcc-3.4.1 with binutils 2.14: --prefix=/o3/lx_ia32 --enable-languages=c,c++ --program-suffix=-3.4.1 --with-gnu-as --with-as=/o3/lx_ia32/bin/as-2.14 --with-gnu-ld --with-ld=/o3/lx_ia32/bin/ld-2.14
- gcc-4.1.1 with binutils 2.17: --prefix=/o3/lx_ia32 --enable-languages=c,c++ --program-suffix=-4.1.1 --with-gnu-as --with-as=/o3/lx_ia32/bin/as-2.17 --with-gnu-ld --with-ld=/o3/lx_ia32/bin/ld-2.17
new problem when compiling with 3.4.1: /o3/lx_ia32/lib/libsupc++.a(eh_alloc.o)(.text.__i686.get_pc_thunk.bx+0x0): In function `__i686.get_pc_thunk.bx': /tmp/gcc-4.1.1/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++/eh_alloc.cc:164: multiple definition of `__i686.get_pc_thunk.bx' /o3/lx_ia32/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.1/crtbeginS.o(.gnu.linkonce.t.__i686.get_pc_thunk.bx+0x0): first defined here /o3/lx_ia32/lib/libsupc++.a(eh_exception.o)(.text.__i686.get_pc_thunk.cx+0x0): In function `__i686.get_pc_thunk.cx': /tmp/gcc-4.1.1/libstdc++-v3/libsupc++/eh_exception.cc:38: multiple definition of `__i686.get_pc_thunk.cx' ../unxlngi6.pro/slo/store_version.o(.gnu.linkonce.t.__i686.get_pc_thunk.cx+0x0): first defined here
new in 20070329
- added Win32 version
- added Developers starter.odt
- updated to OpenOffice.org 2.2
- added Readme.html
- Xinerama check fails, libXinerama is static library, configure script is missing -lX11 library (hack/patch available)
- /o3/lx_ia32/lib must not be in LD_LIBRARY_PATH (hack/patch available)
- -L/o3/lx_ia32/lib must not be in LDFLAGS where checkdll is used (solved by the above item)
- epm build fails if fltk-config is installed on system
- gcc-3.4.1 produces link problems, please use the default 4.1.1 gcc instead.
tools still required from the builder
When you intend to setup a minimal chroot to build OOo with O3-build, you still need some of the tools from your system. For example:
- rpm(build) or deb to build packages
- zip and unzip
- file (not necessary to build, but pollute the log with "can't exec file" kind of messages)
- cvs (the cvs that comes with o3-build frequently just hangs and has to be killed)
- update documentation
- ~/.cwsrc is missing for new user, need to provide a default one for these cases.
- replicate Hamburg environment so it can be used by buildbots, Pavel etc.
- Linux: add xmkmf