Mac port and WWDC2008
- 1 Mac OS X porter Team at WWDC 2008
- 1.1 What is WWDC 2008?
- 1.2 Interesting Labs
- 1.3 Interesting Sessions
- 1.4 Who?
- 1.5 Our Objectives at the WWDC 2008
- 1.6 Todo list
Mac OS X porter Team at WWDC 2008
What is WWDC 2008?
See Apple WWDC 2008
Our needs with Aqua version
- Compile on Intel for PPC (if time UB) [ ]
- Proxy icon in the title bar [ ]
- Use of the apple remote, especially for presentations 
- Printing to PDF to keep links in the same way as iWork does it. 
- Translating the native dialogs to the Community supported languages (that Apple doesn't support).
- Compiling on Leopard to run on Tiger. Note: QuickLook plugin ( from quicklookplugin01 cws) builds on tiger 
- Import/Export of iWork documents 
- Signing OpenOffice.org .app bundle.
- Localize the voice for accessibility features ? (only english available for Voice Over at the moment)
- Implement the native Color Picker
- Knowing the API that integrates iLife (most important iPhoto, iTunes)
It is extremely important to organize us for Labs. The rule is extremely simple: bring your laptop, your code, and ask :)
- Performance Tuning Your Application with Shark
- Making Your Application Scriptable
- Managing X.509 Certificates and Digital Identities
- Michael Sicotte
- Eric Bachard
- Philipp Lohmann
Our Objectives at the WWDC 2008
1) Connection OOo Mac team / Apple engineers
-Goal 1.1: "Get infos, contacts, human to human conversation :-)"
-> Present our current work, methods and team to Apple people :
-> Meet them during WWDC: give us/them a face, keep contacts
-> Get their impression about what we have already done and what is still ToDo
2) Improve from Apple's engineers expertise
-Goal 2.1: "Give MacOS X users the OOo suite they deserve"
=> As mac platform and apple's product fans, we are proud to bring the quality and power of OOo to mac users community
=> Make OOo uses all the power of Mac OSX, including upcoming Leopard !
-Goal 2.2: "OO.org Mac port has to be as Apple HIG compliant as possible"
=> Define what is expected for User Interface of OpenOffice.org suite with people from Apple UI project
- FYI: Last year, Apple UI project proposed ericb to help us, once our native menus will be working. This is now done.
3) Get code guidelines, tips, samples
-Goal 3.1: "Ask for code review and find code snippets"
-Goal 3.2: "Attend key Labs and Sessions to get full overview of Tiger/Leopard/Core's and useful code"
- Image capture - Key signing (digital signature, to avoid Mozilla bazaar - Apple Remote
4) Social Contacts / Team emulation
Try to contact Pierre de Filippis, Sébastien Plisson and some other frenchies :)
-> Discuss and meet new developers and / or american people working for Mac OS X port (like Michael Sicotte, other..) -> Share ideas, tips, conviviality !
OpenOffice.org Native Mac port has to be recognized as the professionnal office suite for Mac users it is !
The rule is extremely simple: bring your laptop, your code, and ask :)
|Hours||9:00 AM - 10:15 AM||10:30 AM - 11:45 AM||Noon - 1:45 PM||2:00 PM - 3:15 PM||3:30 PM - 4:45 PM||5:00 PM - 6:15 PM||Evening|
begins at 10:00 am
|Keynote|| Mac OS X
State of the Union
| Graphics & Media
State of the Union
| WWDC |
| Getting Started
| Application Accessibility
|Mac OS X
User Interface Design
Application Scripting Lab
| New Compiler
with Quick Look
| Sync Services:
A Complete Tour
| Lunchtime Speaker
12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
|Sync Services Lab||File Systems Lab|
Tips and Tricks
| Cocoa Layer
| Making Your Application
|Using Garbage Collection with Objective-C|| Image Capture
& Image Kit
and Digital Identities
|WWDC Bash |
at Yerba Buena Gardens
6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
|Getting Started with the I/O Kit: Device Drivers on Mac OS||Departure for the airport|
- On behalf of hdu: ask about "gray baseline" in aquabmpfix01
Please add topics, technical questions you would see asked by attendees to Apple engineers during WWDC
Suggestions for current issues to be fixed
I am volunteer to take over what follows:
- Find information about SpotLight and QuickLook ( what happens with our generator ? How improve it ?)
- Find information about Image Capture : API obsolete on Tiger, under NDA on Leopard ... can we trust 10.4 sources ?
- Apple remote implementation
- describe the schedule of the travel
Basel -> Paris -> SF: 7th of June SFO scheduled arrival: 12:30 SFO departure 3:30 pm -> Paris -> Basel: 13th of June +1 (arrival 17:00h / 5:00 pm) Hotel: Hotel des Arts (close to Union Square) Airport to Hotel transportation: (BART) not included
June 8 Houston -> Oakland Arrive 12:05 pm Hotel: Hotel des Arts (close to Union Square) June 13 SFO -> Houston 4:25 pm
- Arrival in SF on 8th of June, 12:30 pm
- Departure from SF 15th of June, 3:30 pm
- don't forget sector adaptator for laptop: US connectors are different
- don't forget Cameras (and chargers)
- Prepare 50 to 100 business cards : the most simple is to use the model I can provide on demand , and print them with special paper (pre-cut)