Log meeting 22th September 2006
Return to September_2006 ?
- BEGIN LOGGING AT Fri Sep 22 21:48:21 2006
Sep 22 21:48:21 --> You are now talking on #ooo_macport
Sep 22 21:48:21 --- Topic for #ooo_macport is OpenOffice.org Mac porting team channel. Developers meetings every friday 21:00 UTC. All Mac port meetings logs are available at http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Previous_Mac_Meeting_logs
Sep 22 21:48:21 --- Topic for #ooo_macport set by ericb2 at Sat Aug 26 10:49:07 2006
Sep 22 21:48:23 --- #ooo_macport :[freenode-info] if you need to send private messages, please register: http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#privmsg
Sep 22 21:57:11 --> obr (firstname.lastname@example.org) has joined #ooo_macport
Sep 22 21:57:30 <jogi> tinor: No iChatAV running?
Sep 22 21:57:39 <tinor> jogi: No
Sep 22 21:57:46 <tinor> jogi: You?
Sep 22 21:57:48 <obr> Hi all
Sep 22 21:57:49 <jogi> yes
Sep 22 21:57:55 <jogi> obr :-)
Sep 22 21:58:12 <ybart> Hi
Sep 22 22:04:14 <ericb2> we are not too much
Sep 22 22:04:16 <jogi> tinor: So, who will start here the meeting and what is the agenda?
Sep 22 22:05:11 <obr> usually ericb2
Sep 22 22:05:19 <ericb2> tinor: yes
Sep 22 22:05:19 <ericb2> ah now, none see me
Sep 22 22:05:38 <jogi> ericb Bonjour :-)
Sep 22 22:06:03 <tinor> jogi: The agenda is at http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/MacOSXPortMeetings
Sep 22 22:06:20 <tinor> jogi: I think Eric starts it
Sep 22 22:07:00 <jogi> ok
Sep 22 22:07:26 <ericb2> can you see me too ?
Sep 22 22:07:51 <jogi> ericb2: Yes.
Sep 22 22:08:00 <tinor> ericb2: yes
Sep 22 22:08:06 * jogi using Fire as client
Sep 22 22:08:30 <ericb2> sssss
Sep 22 22:08:53 <ericb2> none see me ?
Sep 22 22:08:53 <-- ericb2 has quit ("Success !")
Sep 22 22:09:27 <-- fredv78 has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
Sep 22 22:09:51 --> ericb2 (email@example.com) has joined #ooo_macport
Sep 22 22:10:01 <jogi> Hi ericb2, again ;-)
Sep 22 22:10:07 <ybart> Hi ericb2
Sep 22 22:11:55 <tinor> ericb2: I can read you now
Sep 22 22:12:45 <obr> but it seems that ericb2 cab't read what _we_ write :(
Sep 22 22:12:47 <tinor> ericb2: Can you read me too?
Sep 22 22:13:09 <ericb2> can you see me ?
Sep 22 22:13:13 <ericb2> pfff what happens``
Sep 22 22:13:15 <ericb2> pff what happens
Sep 22 22:13:17 <ybart> Yes we can
Sep 22 22:14:00 <ybart> I see tinor obr jogi ericb2
Sep 22 22:14:26 <jogi> ybart: Yes, me too.
Sep 22 22:14:52 --> Fridrich (firstname.lastname@example.org) has joined #ooo_macport
Sep 22 22:14:59 <ybart> Hi Fridrich
Sep 22 22:15:06 <Fridrich> hi
Sep 22 22:15:27 <jogi> Ridrich: Hi
Sep 22 22:15:41 <jogi> F
Sep 22 22:15:45 <ericb2> again, can you see me ?
Sep 22 22:15:56 <tinor> ericb2: yes
Sep 22 22:15:59 <ybart> I can see you
Sep 22 22:16:00 <obr> ericb2: no ;-)
Sep 22 22:16:03 <jogi> YES
Sep 22 22:16:10 <jogi> obr: Good!
Sep 22 22:16:12 <jogi> :-)
Sep 22 22:16:53 <ericb2> ericb2: ping
Sep 22 22:16:59 <jogi> pong
Sep 22 22:17:00 <ybart> pong
Sep 22 22:20:46 <ericb2> sorry, don't kow what happens
Sep 22 22:20:46 <ericb2> ok, I think we can start ?
Sep 22 22:20:54 <ybart> Yes
Sep 22 22:21:01 <jogi> yes
Sep 22 22:21:50 <ericb2> yes, I can't read you
Sep 22 22:22:38 <ybart> :(
Sep 22 22:23:28 <ericb2> .
Sep 22 22:23:28 <ericb2> Hi all
Sep 22 22:23:34 <ybart> hi
Sep 22 22:24:32 <ericb2> again, I'm not sure to see you
Sep 22 22:24:47 <tinor> ericb2: Don't worry, we see you :)
Sep 22 22:25:21 <ybart> I see you
Sep 22 22:25:43 * Fridrich thinks that someone should program a mirror bot so that ericb2 can be sure to see himself :-)
Sep 22 22:25:46 * Fridrich runs
Sep 22 22:26:50 <ericb2> .
Sep 22 22:27:17 --> fredv78 (n=Fred@sge78-1-82-228-21-87.fbx.proxad.net) has joined #ooo_macport
Sep 22 22:27:43 <ericb2> can't see what happens
Sep 22 22:27:43 <-- ericb2 has quit ("Success !")
Sep 22 22:28:11 <cloph> Or setup some vnc session so he can read what others see...
Sep 22 22:28:17 <jogi> ok n8
Sep 22 22:28:20 <-- jogi (n=jogi@p54906B18.dip.t-dialin.net) has left #ooo_macport
Sep 22 22:28:46 --> shaunmcdonald (email@example.com) has joined #ooo_macport
Sep 22 22:28:58 <shaunmcdonald> sorry I'm late
Sep 22 22:29:12 * shaunmcdonald just away to get supper
Sep 22 22:29:22 <ybart> You're not late :)
Sep 22 22:29:57 <ybart> We have not started yet
Sep 22 22:30:08 <shaunmcdonald> ybart: it was meant to start at 20:00 UTC according to http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/MacOSXPortMeetings#Next_Meetin
Sep 22 22:30:20 <ybart> I know that...
Sep 22 22:30:38 <obr> shaunmcdonald: ericb2 has problems with his IRC client
Sep 22 22:30:59 <shaunmcdonald> obr: ah, or is it his net connection?
Sep 22 22:31:49 <obr> we don't know. Maybe we should start without him ?
Sep 22 22:32:08 <obr> any volunteer to provide the log ?
Sep 22 22:32:17 <-- Fridrich (firstname.lastname@example.org) has left #ooo_macport
Sep 22 22:32:23 <ybart> If you wan't
Sep 22 22:32:42 <ybart> I think I can do it
Sep 22 22:33:26 <obr> ybart: great.
Sep 22 22:33:39 <obr> what do others think ? Should we start now ?
Sep 22 22:34:08 <ybart> I'm noew so I let others decide
Sep 22 22:34:25 --> ericb2 (email@example.com) has joined #ooo_macport
Sep 22 22:34:36 <ybart> I think we should not...
Sep 22 22:34:38 <ericb2> and now ?
Sep 22 22:34:45 <ybart> Hi ericb2
Sep 22 22:34:51 <ybart> Do you see me ?
Sep 22 22:35:04 <ericb2> ybart: yes :-)
Sep 22 22:35:06 <ybart> ^^
Sep 22 22:35:14 <ybart> So, no problem !
Sep 22 22:35:17 <ericb2> ybart: welcome on board !
Sep 22 22:35:21 <tinor> ericb2: You made it!
Sep 22 22:35:22 <ybart> Thanks ericb2
Sep 22 22:35:48 <ericb2> IZBot: and you, can you see me ?
Sep 22 22:35:48 <IZBot> Error: "and" is not a valid command.
Sep 22 22:35:55 <ybart> ^^
Sep 22 22:36:17 <shaunmcdonald> IZBot: thanks
Sep 22 22:36:17 <IZBot> Always a pleasure helping you :-)
Sep 22 22:36:43 <cloph> IZBot: ping
Sep 22 22:36:43 <IZBot> pong
Sep 22 22:37:18 <ybart> Now everybody played with the bot...
Sep 22 22:37:42 <tinor> So do we want to start?
Sep 22 22:37:43 <obr> Let's start
Sep 22 22:37:50 <ybart> Sure I want !
Sep 22 22:38:20 <shaunmcdonald> Point 1: Welcome new devs /Aqua News
Sep 22 22:38:51 * shaunmcdonald had the agenda open ready
Sep 22 22:38:57 <ericb2> pinng
Sep 22 22:38:57 <ericb2> pfff
Sep 22 22:39:02 <ybart> pong
Sep 22 22:39:36 <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: are you still having problems?
Sep 22 22:39:41 <ybart> packet loss ?
Sep 22 22:41:20 <ericb2> again, looks lik e I have something
Sep 22 22:41:39 <shaunmcdonald> Point 1: Welcome new devs /Aqua News
Sep 22 22:42:07 * shaunmcdonald (just in case ericb2 missed it)
Sep 22 22:45:42 * shaunmcdonald would like to get on with the meeting so that his mother doesn't send him to bed before it starts
Sep 22 22:46:03 <obr> ericb2 just explained to me by e-mail he is still having problems
Sep 22 22:46:48 <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: yes
Sep 22 22:47:03 <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: fixed your problems?
Sep 22 22:48:15 <ybart> I think he has not
Sep 22 22:49:03 <tinor> Lets just start with the agenda point not owned by Eric (and Pavel)
Sep 22 22:49:45 <shaunmcdonald> Point 1: Welcome new devs /Aqua News
Sep 22 22:49:45 <shaunmcdonald> Point 2: Organize the 2nd mac porter meeting ( Eric Bachard)
Sep 22 22:49:45 <shaunmcdonald> Point 3: Mac OS X Buildbot for OpenOffice.org ( Shaun McDonald)
Sep 22 22:49:46 <shaunmcdonald> Point 4: Information about "Warnings are errors" ( Pavel Janik)
Sep 22 22:49:46 <shaunmcdonald> Point 5: Misc
Sep 22 22:49:46 <shaunmcdonald> QA for 2.0.4 : which languages will be tested?
Sep 22 22:50:07 <shaunmcdonald> start with Point 3?
Sep 22 22:50:24 <ybart> ok
Sep 22 22:50:38 <obr> shaunmcdonald: go ahead
Sep 22 22:50:55 <shaunmcdonald> There was an interesting presentation from the guy at intel on the buildbot
Sep 22 22:51:19 <shaunmcdonald> unfortunately michael is flying so can't attend
Sep 22 22:51:59 <shaunmcdonald> This would allow us to make use of all our machine that can connect to the internet over a stable connection
Sep 22 22:52:37 <obr> what is the status of the tinderbox machine ?
Sep 22 22:52:43 <shaunmcdonald> firewalls are not a problem as the buildbot (slave) can tunnel out to the master controller
Sep 22 22:52:53 <shaunmcdonald> obr: I don't know the status
Sep 22 22:53:02 <ericb2> cloph: ?
Sep 22 22:53:17 <cloph> obr: the tinderbox is here at my place and just finished its first unattended build successfully
Sep 22 22:53:20 <shaunmcdonald> the last I heard there were problems with developers connecting to it
Sep 22 22:53:35 <cloph> Expect it to report buildstatus beginning from tomorrow...
Sep 22 22:53:35 <shaunmcdonald> due to firewalls
Sep 22 22:53:48 <obr> cloph: great.
Sep 22 22:54:05 <shaunmcdonald> cloph: that is good news
Sep 22 22:54:14 <obr> what hardware is that - will it take a build bot addionally ?
Sep 22 22:54:16 <shaunmcdonald> cloph: how do we initiate builds on it?
Sep 22 22:54:28 * cloph still doesn't have the admin password though... Not sure how I'll deal with sending mails from that box...
Sep 22 22:54:44 <ericb2> cloph: sam didn't send you the admin password ?
Sep 22 22:54:44 <shaunmcdonald> some links are coming http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Buildbot
Sep 22 22:54:48 <cloph> obr: Buildbot is not possible since that would require some static adress - but I'm on dialup...
Sep 22 22:55:01 <shaunmcdonald> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Buildbot_Steps
Sep 22 22:55:02 <obr> cloph: o.k.
Sep 22 22:55:07 <cloph> ericb2: I don't have his email and I didn't manage to contact him on IRC yet..
Sep 22 22:55:25 <shaunmcdonald> cloph: buildbot would not require a static address
Sep 22 22:55:28 <ericb2> cloph: I'll do. My apologies for this mess
Sep 22 22:55:50 * obr is still curious what kind of maschine that is ..
Sep 22 22:55:56 <cloph> shaunmcdonald: It requires communication between the slave and the master, whereas tinderbox just works by mail.
Sep 22 22:56:07 <cloph> It's a dual G5
Sep 22 22:56:37 <shaunmcdonald> cloph: though, I;m not sure that dial up would be a stable enough connection, as build could stop midway if the connection is broken :-(
Sep 22 22:57:23 <cloph> And honestly: For mac-porters, buildbot doesn't offer any benefit yet (IMHO)
Sep 22 22:57:46 <cloph> the results are not sorted by cws, but by "job" only - so it is hard to tell whether a given cws broke or not.
Sep 22 22:57:53 <cloph> This is in the works though (AFAIK)
Sep 22 22:58:48 <shaunmcdonald> cloph: if someone is wanting to test a build on the mac platform and they are developing on another, then it would be of some use
Sep 22 22:59:05 <shaunmcdonald> this is the main advantage of the buildbot
Sep 22 22:59:37 <cloph> shaunmcdonald: No..
Sep 22 22:59:49 <cloph> Tinderbox build everything you tell it to build as well.
Sep 22 23:00:16 <shaunmcdonald> if you have a cws that you need to test, for example, on all non mac platforms, then you can send it to the buildbot and it will build on all the platforms needed
Sep 22 23:00:22 <cloph> What buildbot has, but tinderbox doesn't is a built-in system to tell some specific machine to build a given tree, whereas on tinderbox this is decided by the tinderboxclient.
Sep 22 23:00:57 <shaunmcdonald> cloph: maybe I need to find out more about the tinderbox and how it works
Sep 22 23:01:06 <obr> cloph: and it's still running Panther I assume ?
Sep 22 23:01:10 <cloph> shaunmcdonald: As you can see from tinderbox, the two intel (linux) machines just build every cws. So usually you can see the result of your changes the next day, without having to tell them to build.
Sep 22 23:01:44 <cloph> MacOS X 10.4.5 - whatever cat that is...
Sep 22 23:01:50 <ericb2> obr: btw, aquavcl01 can't be built using Panther
Sep 22 23:01:57 <ericb2> cloph: Tiger == 10.4.x
Sep 22 23:02:06 <ericb2> cloph: Panther == 10.3.x
Sep 22 23:02:16 <ericb2> cloph: Leopard == 10.5.x
Sep 22 23:02:23 <ericb2> hmm .. later
Sep 22 23:02:30 <shaunmcdonald> cloph: so the tinderbox automatically builds all cwses available?
Sep 22 23:02:38 <shaunmcdonald> cloph: every day?
Sep 22 23:02:54 <cloph> Yes, the intel-boxes do.
Sep 22 23:03:07 <shaunmcdonald> is there any more info about the tinderbox in general about?
Sep 22 23:03:14 <cloph> They check for "dirty" (i.e. already built but changed) cwsses and build those.
Sep 22 23:03:28 <shaunmcdonald> cloph: G5 == PPC <> Intel
Sep 22 23:03:30 <cloph> and build new ones when these are created..
Sep 22 23:03:32 <cloph> PPC
Sep 22 23:04:13 <cloph> shaunmcdonald: Tinderbox is basically only "sending a mail with the buildlog to firstname.lastname@example.org"
Sep 22 23:04:17 <shaunmcdonald> cloph: so all the CWSes are in one build, or is there a build for each CWS?
Sep 22 23:04:40 <cloph> see e.g. http://go-oo.org/tinderbox/all_trees.express.html
Sep 22 23:04:52 <cloph> you can limit to ready-for-qa as well)
Sep 22 23:05:10 <cloph> Some of the empty ones just had their logs expired...
Sep 22 23:05:46 <shaunmcdonald> http://go-ooo.org/tinderbox/aquavcl01/status.html claims 101 errors
Sep 22 23:06:02 <shaunmcdonald> or is that because linux is building it?
Sep 22 23:06:12 <cloph> Yes - but most of them (~93 are manually disabling the warnings=error stuff)
Sep 22 23:06:34 <shaunmcdonald> how many tinderboxes are there?
Sep 22 23:07:05 <shaunmcdonald> according to the above link there are only 2
Sep 22 23:07:09 <cloph> In that case it broke because it was resynced and rene decided to make that damn configure change to force the build of mozilla
Sep 22 23:07:21 <cloph> Instead of checking whether the precompiled zips are in place.
Sep 22 23:08:22 <cloph> There's a windows tinderbox as well, but that doesn't build every cws, only the masters and some cws the maintainer is interested in (vq) - and of course there will be the Mac-box again soon)
Sep 22 23:10:06 <ericb2> cloph: I think you should discuss with sam, about the Mac tinderbox : he configured everything
Sep 22 23:10:49 <shaunmcdonald> so to summarise, the Mac Porting project currently has one tinderbox doing the builds, and at this time we don't want to go into the buildbot stuff
Sep 22 23:11:45 <cloph> Well - everyone is free to setup a buildbox slave, but I don't see any benefit from it.
Sep 22 23:11:49 <cloph> (currently)
Sep 22 23:12:40 <shaunmcdonald> when I get some nice job and house, and but a Mac Pro, or whatever comes after it, I'll get around to it
Sep 22 23:13:12 <ericb2> cloph: I think we willsee the benefit in meantime, and using it : just read http to see everything is ok, be aware with build breakages as sooner as possible is usefull
Sep 22 23:13:23 <ericb2> too
Sep 22 23:13:39 <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: using the tinderbox?
Sep 22 23:13:46 <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: yes
Sep 22 23:13:55 <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: :-)
Sep 22 23:14:11 <cloph> http://go-oo.org/tinderbox/aquavcl01/ you can put one of the stuff in your browser-sidebar...
Sep 22 23:14:38 <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: and Maxime, aka sam` did a great work for the configuration
Sep 22 23:15:27 <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: that's great to hear
Sep 22 23:15:36 * shaunmcdonald think this point is now finished
Sep 22 23:15:50 <ericb2> Was point 2 discussed ?
Sep 22 23:16:04 <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: we jumped to point 3
Sep 22 23:16:16 <shaunmcdonald> Point 2: Organize the 2nd mac porter meeting ( Eric Bachard)
Sep 22 23:16:22 <obr> we even skipped 1
Sep 22 23:16:26 <obr> ;-)
Sep 22 23:16:38 <shaunmcdonald> ok then:
Sep 22 23:16:40 <shaunmcdonald> Point 1: Welcome new devs /Aqua News
Sep 22 23:17:38 <ericb2> Pierre did his first comlmit yesterday
Sep 22 23:17:57 <ericb2> congratulations :-)
Sep 22 23:18:33 <obr> +1
Sep 22 23:19:07 <tinor> Who is Pierre and who do we welcome in addition
Sep 22 23:19:15 <ericb2> not too much work has been done since OOoCon
Sep 22 23:19:16 <tinor> ?
Sep 22 23:19:26 <ericb2> tinor: Pierre de Filippis, alias aliscafo
Sep 22 23:19:38 <tinor> ericb2: Ah I see
Sep 22 23:19:46 <ericb2> tinor: I meant visible work :-)
Sep 22 23:20:07 <ericb2> tinor: but I fixed today the extensions and mozilla plugin issue
Sep 22 23:20:10 <tinor> Hi Pierre alias aliscafo!
Sep 22 23:20:31 <tinor> ericb2: I'm working on the uno bridge exception problem
Sep 22 23:20:33 <aliscafo> tinor: hi
Sep 22 23:20:41 <ericb2> you can now build with or without mozilla for aquavcl01
Sep 22 23:21:03 <ericb2> tinor: great. I know this is very complicated. Thank you for your time
Sep 22 23:21:08 <tinor> ericb2: Meanwhile I have a solution that works, but I'm not yet sure if it is the best one
Sep 22 23:22:08 <tinor> ericb2: Thanks to obr's deliver.pl patch now even dylibs will be stripped which appears to make the installation package a few mega bytes smaller
Sep 22 23:22:35 <ericb2> obr: is your patch integrated ?
Sep 22 23:22:40 <obr> no
Sep 22 23:22:55 <ericb2> obr: wich issue ?
Sep 22 23:22:57 <tinor> Still under investigation :)
Sep 22 23:23:08 <ericb2> ok
Sep 22 23:23:18 <tinor> ericb2: It belongs to the exception problem
Sep 22 23:23:22 <obr> I attached it to the bridge issue
Sep 22 23:23:33 <tinor> ericb2: No separate issue yet
Sep 22 23:23:44 <ericb2> obr tinor , ok
Sep 22 23:24:29 <ericb2> FYI, extensions and mozilla plugin fix is #i62119 completed with macmozplugfix cws
Sep 22 23:24:36 <IZBot> porting PATCH RESOLVED FIXED MacOSX porting: np_sdk project is not build http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=62119
Sep 22 23:24:46 <ericb2> IZBot: thanks
Sep 22 23:24:47 <IZBot> Always a pleasure helping you :-)
Sep 22 23:25:06 <tinor> ericb2: Exception problem #i69351
Sep 22 23:25:13 <IZBot> porting DEFECT REOPENED MacOSX Intel: Inter-library exception throwing not reliable http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=69351
Sep 22 23:25:17 <ericb2> tinor: thank you :-)
Sep 22 23:25:37 <tinor> IZBot: You are great :)
Sep 22 23:25:37 <IZBot> Error: "You" is not a valid command.
Sep 22 23:25:47 <tinor> IZBot: I know
Sep 22 23:25:47 <IZBot> Error: "I" is not a valid command.
Sep 22 23:26:44 <ericb2> another work in progress is the sound (and video) player
Sep 22 23:27:20 <tinor> ericb2: What about the native file picker?
Sep 22 23:27:25 <ericb2> I started the work on the wiki. Everything from scratch, and using Kai Ahrens recommandations
Sep 22 23:27:34 <ericb2> tinor: I still have not tested it, not the time
Sep 22 23:28:03 <-- fredv78 (n=Fred@sge78-1-82-228-21-87.fbx.proxad.net) has left #ooo_macport
Sep 22 23:28:21 <ericb2> main wiki page looks hacked .. :-/
Sep 22 23:28:54 <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: +1
Sep 22 23:29:04 <ericb2> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X_Porting_-_Native_Audio_and_Video
Sep 22 23:30:09 <ericb2> what is important, is to describe what we did for the implementation
Sep 22 23:30:46 <ericb2> corresponding issue is #i66170
Sep 22 23:30:53 <IZBot> porting DEFECT NEW Multiple Video formats do not play back in JMF or Documents http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=66170
Sep 22 23:31:04 <ericb2> I'll rename it soon
Sep 22 23:31:19 <tinor> ericb2: I wonder how important it is currently to work on this?
Sep 22 23:31:44 * shaunmcdonald reverted the wiki home page to remove the hack
Sep 22 23:31:48 <ericb2> tinor: I just try to complete the list
Sep 22 23:32:11 <tinor> ericb2: Ok
Sep 22 23:32:28 <ericb2> tinor: Google asked me to describe what exactly has to be done
Sep 22 23:32:43 <ericb2> Google means Zaheda Bohrat
Sep 22 23:32:52 <tinor> ericb2: Interesting
Sep 22 23:32:57 <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: they also asked the resources that you need!!!
Sep 22 23:33:13 <ericb2> I suggest to stay prudent
Sep 22 23:33:31 <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: and you couldn't give a concrete answer
Sep 22 23:33:40 <tinor> Where is the whole list currently?
Sep 22 23:33:57 <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: exactly, and that's the reason why I want to describe everything, the most precisely possible
Sep 22 23:34:07 <ericb2> tinor: on the page you wrote
Sep 22 23:34:14 <shaunmcdonald> it is good that we now have some sort of road map and task list
Sep 22 23:34:28 <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: this is very important, and difficult to write
Sep 22 23:34:54 <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: very true
Sep 22 23:34:58 <tinor> ericb2: Ah great, somebody is using something I did :)
Sep 22 23:35:06 <ericb2> e.g. reading a lot of code, I discovered a lot of unimplemented methods in salinstance.cxx
Sep 22 23:35:09 <ericb2> tinor: ;-
Sep 22 23:35:24 <ericb2> tinor: again : ;-)
Sep 22 23:35:33 <ericb2> so we have work
Sep 22 23:35:47 <shaunmcdonald> if we can have some list to direct everyone to it would be good
Sep 22 23:36:09 <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: and everyone can complete, add infos, yes
Sep 22 23:36:28 <ericb2> the central point is the ToDo tinor wrote
Sep 22 23:36:46 * shaunmcdonald thinks that is partly on his todo list already
Sep 22 23:36:55 <ericb2> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X_Porting_-_Work_Areas/Todo%27s
Sep 22 23:37:01 <tinor> ericb2: If only I was better in designing good locking pages
Sep 22 23:37:01 <shaunmcdonald> i.e. add link to it from mail site
Sep 22 23:37:15 <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: good idea
Sep 22 23:37:16 <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: thanks
Sep 22 23:37:55 <tinor> Maybe shaunmcdonald should improve the visual design, I think he has some superb skills in that area
Sep 22 23:38:26 <shaunmcdonald> tinor: passing to fipa for that one on the visual design
Sep 22 23:38:38 <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: both ? ;-)
Sep 22 23:39:06 <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: work together?
Sep 22 23:39:57 <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: yes, I'm sure you will continue the good work you started with website
Sep 22 23:40:33 <shaunmcdonald> as you may have noticed the download pages are localised in French now
Sep 22 23:40:44 <shaunmcdonald> also put a news article out for it
Sep 22 23:40:59 <tinor> ericb2: Drag and drop support is missing on the todo list as I just recognized
Sep 22 23:41:20 <ericb2> tinor: good catch . . we have to complete
Sep 22 23:44:17 <tinor> So where are we at the agenda - time is passing and I'm getting tired ;)
Sep 22 23:44:33 <ericb2> tinor: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X_Porting_-_Native_Drag_and_drop
Sep 22 23:44:46 <ericb2> tinor: I wrote that some times ago
Sep 22 23:45:06 <ericb2> tinor: and the list is IMHO complete
Sep 22 23:45:14 <tinor> ericb2: Great, so we just have to link to it from the todo list
Sep 22 23:45:44 <ericb2> tinor: just a question I saw some changes in the code about bitmaps and .png. Could you please comment them ?
Sep 22 23:45:44 <tinor> ericb2: Yes the list seems to cover the most important things
Sep 22 23:46:20 <tinor> ericb2: Probably not especially because I did see them myself yet
Sep 22 23:46:51 <ericb2> tinor: ok
Sep 22 23:47:01 <tinor> ericb2: ChristianL is more the graphic guru also
Sep 22 23:47:33 <ericb2> @all : dont forget to complete with vcl67 cws oyour code, else, you only will crash at startup :-)
Sep 22 23:48:06 <tinor> ericb2: What is in vcl67?
Sep 22 23:48:22 <ericb2> tinor: just one fix from pl
Sep 22 23:49:22 <tinor> ericb2: Ok, I aw it
Sep 22 23:49:51 <ericb2> something about AlphaMask->AcquireWriteAccess()
Sep 22 23:51:05 <obr> move on to 2 ?
Sep 22 23:51:13 <tinor> obr: +1
Sep 22 23:51:20 <ericb2> I'll send a mail including all this informations, and I'll complete AquaBuild
Sep 22 23:51:31 <ericb2> just a last info
Sep 22 23:51:34 <tinor> ericb2: Please put me on cc
Sep 22 23:51:48 <ericb2> mac@porting
Sep 22 23:52:14 <ericb2> because it does concern AquaBuild and everything needed for m184
Sep 22 23:52:31 <ericb2> last info before to change for nect point
Sep 22 23:52:33 <ericb2> next
Sep 22 23:53:13 <ericb2> I'll fix 3 issues, and create mac2.1fixes
Sep 22 23:53:35 <obr> IZBot: prepare ;-)
Sep 22 23:53:36 <IZBot> Error: "prepare" is not a valid command.
Sep 22 23:53:55 <ericb2> #i62521
Sep 22 23:54:03 <ericb2> #i68290
Sep 22 23:54:06 <IZBot> porting DEFECT STARTED Fixes for Mac OS X soffice -script http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=62521
Sep 22 23:54:09 <IZBot> porting DEFECT NEW Background and window size of disk image on 10.3.9 http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=68290
Sep 22 23:54:15 <ericb2> and another one I have not in my list
Sep 22 23:54:36 <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: your fix in Applescript
Sep 22 23:54:41 * cloph needs to turn of the "report invalid commands" in the bot... :-)
Sep 22 23:54:45 <ericb2> is the last one
Sep 22 23:55:10 <ericb2> we can start next point :-)
Sep 22 23:56:55 <cloph> IZBot: no more error messages :-)
Sep 22 23:57:11 <ericb2> is it : Point 4: Information about "Warnings are errors" ( Pavel Janik) ?
Sep 22 23:58:05 <cloph> warnings = errors is not a build issue on mac, since it is not enabled by default or is it?
Sep 22 23:58:18 <tinor> ericb2: What about the Mac porter meeting? Wasn't this before this point?
Sep 22 23:58:33 <ericb2> tinor: yes, sorry
Sep 22 23:59:05 <ericb2> The URL :
Sep 22 23:59:07 <ericb2> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:Ericb#2nd_Mac_porters_meeting
Sep 22 23:59:27 <ericb2> this is a draft, and I didn't see too much progress
Sep 22 23:59:50 <ericb2> first proposed location was Prague, and second Hamburg
Sep 23 00:00:13 <ericb2> most of Mac port developers are located in Hamburg
Sep 23 00:00:51 <ericb2> louis_to: ping ?
Sep 23 00:01:04 <louis_to> hi
Sep 23 00:01:05 <ericb2> We had to define the date
Sep 23 00:01:07 <louis_to> am about to leave
Sep 23 00:01:10 <ericb2> louis_to: great :-)
Sep 23 00:01:14 <louis_to> eric, what's up?
Sep 23 00:01:31 * louis_to has not been following discussoin
Sep 23 00:01:36 <ericb2> louis_to: I won't be long
Sep 23 00:02:00 <louis_to> ?
Sep 23 00:02:06 <ericb2> louis_to: I just will send you a mail, asking for some money, to help the Mac port to organize the meeting
Sep 23 00:02:13 <louis_to> ooh.
Sep 23 00:02:15 <louis_to> okay
Sep 23 00:02:19 <louis_to> ttyl.
Sep 23 00:03:19 <ericb2> louis_to: depending on the number of people who will attend, I'll define an amount.
Sep 23 00:03:42 <louis_to> k
Sep 23 00:03:43 <ericb2> louis_to: not to pay everything, but to help a bit for e.g. rooms and travel
Sep 23 00:04:05 <louis_to> but no guarantees, you recall
Sep 23 00:04:20 <ericb2> louis_to: yes, but if I don't try, I'll have nothing
Sep 23 00:05:00 <ericb2> @all we have to decide for the date
Sep 23 00:05:18 <ericb2> 2nd and 3rd December
Sep 23 00:05:32 <ericb2> or 9th and 10th December ?
Sep 23 00:06:48 <tinor> ericb2: Intuitively I would decide for 2nd and 3rd Dec.
Sep 23 00:07:24 <ericb2> for me too
Sep 23 00:07:38 <ericb2> obr: ?
Sep 23 00:07:56 <obr> I am not sure I will be able to join at all
Sep 23 00:08:01 <obr> :(
Sep 23 00:08:13 <ericb2> obr: :(
Sep 23 00:08:26 <obr> January 07 would be better for me
Sep 23 00:08:31 <tinor> obr: Would be bad
Sep 23 00:08:46 <tinor> So why not Jan. then?
Sep 23 00:09:55 <ericb2> remembering what happend last year, the work for native port was not important after the end of the year (what I perfectly understand)
Sep 23 00:11:04 <ericb2> I think before Christmas is the best
Sep 23 00:11:15 <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: sorry for the delay the other one is #i69143
Sep 23 00:11:20 <IZBot> porting DEFECT NEW Can't Double-Click to Open Special Character Pathnames http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=69143
Sep 23 00:11:26 <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: thank you
Sep 23 00:11:32 * ericb2 noticed the number
Sep 23 00:11:56 <ericb2> will anyone else attend ?
Sep 23 00:12:11 <tinor> ericb2: Not neccessarly
Sep 23 00:12:46 <ericb2> tinor: is the weather more friendly in Jan. or February in Hamburg ?
Sep 23 00:13:11 <tinor> ericb2: It is never really friendly here :)
Sep 23 00:13:28 <tinor> ericb2: Or at least very seldom
Sep 23 00:14:36 <tinor> ericb2: I think we should ask all people who would probably like to attend and see if a date converges
Sep 23 00:15:10 <ericb2> for the one not aware, we are around 9 last year, and it would be great to meet us and work together, for dedicated tasks. Not because I want productivity, but work together isreally a good way to learn faster
Sep 23 00:15:21 <ericb2> s/we are/we were/
Sep 23 00:15:45 <tinor> ericb2: Yes the meeting was very good
Sep 23 00:15:56 <tinor> ericb2: and really productive
Sep 23 00:16:14 <ericb2> currently, if I add Pavel and maybe Christian, Matthias, we'll be 5 or 6
Sep 23 00:16:16 <tinor> ericb2: A lot more than I used to know from other meetings
Sep 23 00:16:32 <tinor> ericb2: Stephan
Sep 23 00:16:42 <ericb2> Stephan, yes :-)
Sep 23 00:16:49 * ericb2 red to have forgotten
Sep 23 00:17:13 <tinor> Jogi would like to attend too this time, me
Sep 23 00:17:37 <ericb2> who disagrees the date : 2dn and 3rd December ?
Sep 23 00:17:48 * ericb2 must reserve the plane
Sep 23 00:18:09 <tinor> ericb2: Most of them are not here today, so I suggest to ask them via email
Sep 23 00:18:18 <ericb2> Florian too told me he was interested
Sep 23 00:18:29 <tinor> ericb2: Yes Florian :)
Sep 23 00:18:44 <ericb2> tinor: good idea, and post at mac@porting the result :-)
Sep 23 00:18:55 <tinor> ericb2: So this list could become pretty long
Sep 23 00:19:26 <tinor> ericb2: For instance, maybe cc all the people we have in mind directly
Sep 23 00:19:39 <ericb2> tinor: yes, I'll do. It would be great to have 3 workshops
Sep 23 00:20:01 <tinor> ericb2: Should be no problem
Sep 23 00:20:17 <ericb2> tinor: I can attend with one machine (my laptop )
Sep 23 00:21:20 <tinor> ericb2: I suggest, lets assemble a list a possible attendees, ask them for a date, make a proposal for a agenda
Sep 23 00:21:50 <tinor> ericb2: When we have collected all these information lets continue the planning
Sep 23 00:22:12 <ericb2> tinor: this is a bit urgent, e.g. for the plane
Sep 23 00:22:27 <tinor> ericb2: Go ahead :)
Sep 23 00:23:26 <tinor> I have to wrap up now its getting late. Thanks for the discussions, I'll see you later
Sep 23 00:23:39 <ybart> See you tinor !
Sep 23 00:23:41 <ericb2> tinor: good night :)
Sep 23 00:23:49 <-- tinor has quit ()
Sep 23 00:24:08 <ericb2> other questions about this point ?
Sep 23 00:24:32 <ericb2> again : please complete if you are interested !
Sep 23 00:25:05 <shaunmcdonald> night
Sep 23 00:25:13 <ybart> shaunmcdonald, night
Sep 23 00:25:18 <-- shaunmcdonald has quit ()
Sep 23 00:25:19 <ericb2> As example of workshops, we could work on 1) code 2) debug 3) code review
Sep 23 00:26:22 <ericb2> for code, we can cover everything about native port. e.g. Stephan Schaefer or Christian Lippka (if present), will be helpfull
Sep 23 00:26:41 <ericb2> but a lot of other possibilities are possible
Sep 23 00:27:04 <ericb2> oops, my last sentence is .. uggly
Sep 23 00:27:14 <ericb2> What is next point ?
Sep 23 00:28:00 <ericb2> Point 4: Information about "Warnings are errors" ( Pavel Janik)
Sep 23 00:28:20 <ericb2> -> Pavel is not here, so this point is postponed to the next meeting
Sep 23 00:28:40 <ericb2> other points : misc
Sep 23 00:28:46 <ericb2> questions ?
Sep 23 00:29:25 <ericb2> can you see me :-)
Sep 23 00:29:27 <ericb2> ?
Sep 23 00:29:33 <ybart> Yes of course !
Sep 23 00:29:51 <obr> ericb2: hehe :)
Sep 23 00:29:55 <ybart> Maybe already sleeping ?
Sep 23 00:30:15 <ericb2> ok, I think we can stop for today ?
Sep 23 00:30:33 <obr> wasn't there a question from James ?
Sep 23 00:30:56 <ericb2> obr: you mean a question about QA ?
Sep 23 00:31:03 <obr> yes
Sep 23 00:31:13 <ericb2> QA for 2.0.4 : which languages will be tested?
Sep 23 00:31:30 <obr> not sure if we can answer it here, but ..
Sep 23 00:31:43 <obr> .. we should at least try
Sep 23 00:32:01 <ericb2> obr: yes : we can partially answer, french and german for sure
Sep 23 00:32:11 <ericb2> obr: japanese probably too
Sep 23 00:33:00 <ericb2> english-US is made by James
Sep 23 00:33:08 <ericb2> if I'm not wrong
Sep 23 00:33:17 <obr> I think so too
Sep 23 00:33:44 <ericb2> Less sure : I know slovenian and italien NL are doing QA
Sep 23 00:34:52 <ericb2> FYI, an italien translation of the HowTo (for installation) is work in progress. I remember the same for chineese, but I have no news since some times.
Sep 23 00:35:25 <obr> great
Sep 23 00:35:43 <ericb2> jogi is gone, so I'll contact him directly, to know more about QA. His opinion is very important
Sep 23 00:36:26 <obr> so - we are done ?
Sep 23 00:36:28 * ericb2 just received a very interesting mail about ATSUTextLayout from quartz-dev mailing list
Sep 23 00:36:33 * obr gets tired as well
Sep 23 00:36:34 <ericb2> obr: yes, I think so
Sep 23 00:36:48 <obr> o.k., good night everyone
Sep 23 00:36:49 <ericb2> Next meeting, same hjour, next week ?
Sep 23 00:36:57 <ybart> good night
Sep 23 00:37:01 <ybart> ok for me
Sep 23 00:37:18 <ericb2> obr: good night
Sep 23 00:37:18 <obr> if maho does not complain ;-)
Sep 23 00:37:18 <ericb2> obr: yes :-)
Sep 23 00:37:27 <ybart> Where should I send the log ?
Sep 23 00:37:27 <-- obr (email@example.com) has left #ooo_macport
Sep 23 00:37:31 <ericb2> can someone send me the log ?
Sep 23 00:37:38 <ybart> ok
Sep 23 00:37:51 <ybart> I send it to you
Sep 23 00:37:59 <ericb2> ybart: thank you very much !
Sep 23 00:38:22 <ericb2> ybart: did you present yourself at the begining ?
Sep 23 00:38:32 <ericb2> ybart: I'm sorry I was not here
Sep 23 00:38:56 <ybart> no, we were too busy with connection problems, so I will next week !
Sep 23 00:39:39 <ericb2> ybart: ok, I wont forget
Sep 23 00:39:54 <ybart> No problem :)
Return to September_2006 ?