Log Mac Meeting 23 Feb 2007

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Return to Previous meetings page : Previous_Mac_Meeting_logs


[21:03] shaunmcdonald: meeting time?

[21:03] • shaunmcdonald sees that ericb2 isn't here

[21:03] shaunmcdonald: paveljanik: ping?

[21:05] audionuma: shaunmcdonald: hum ... very quiet

[21:05] plipli: e

[21:05] plipli: sah

[21:05] plipli: shaunmcdonald: eric is atr fosdem

[21:05] plipli: t

[21:05] plipli: at the FOSDEM

[21:06] shaunmcdonald: plipli: ah right that's on just now

[21:06] audionuma: plipli: heloo

[21:06] plipli: hello

[21:06] shaunmcdonald: • shaunmcdonald couldn't remember exactly when it was on

[21:06] shaunmcdonald: shall we have a quiet meeting and post the log?

[21:07] plipli: what do u mean quiet meeting ?

[21:07] audionuma: http://www.fosdem.org/2007/

[21:07] shaunmcdonald: • shaunmcdonald notes that the agenda wasn't updated from last week, though some things are the same

[21:07] shaunmcdonald: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/MacOSXPortMeetings#Next_Meeting

[21:08] shaunmcdonald: plipli: without some of the usual people

[21:08] plipli: shaunmcdonald: ok, yes i think we should do the meeting even everyone is not online

[21:08] plipli: even if

[21:09] audionuma: • audionuma sees on the macport list that plipli is doing a lot of work

[21:09] plipli: and post the log as usual

[21:09] audionuma: thanks plipli

[21:09] shaunmcdonald: plipli: ok

[21:09] shaunmcdonald: 1. Welcome new devs (if any)

[21:09] plipli: you re welcome !

[21:09] plipli: any new dev tonight ?

[21:09] shaunmcdonald: plipli: you got there before me

[21:10] • shaunmcdonald doesn't think there are any new people

[21:10] plipli: seems new dev are not online with us for the moment : michel, michael, and another one

[21:10] shaunmcdonald: plipli: what are they doing?

[21:11] plipli: miche land michael are debugging for the moment

[21:13] shaunmcdonald: there have been some message on the list, and improvements to the wiki page for debugging

[21:14] shaunmcdonald: the page for debugging with XCode is http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/MacOSX_Debug_OpenOffice.org_using_XCode

[21:14] shaunmcdonald: Is there anything else to say about new developers?

[21:15] shaunmcdonald: Let's move on to the next point then:

[21:15] shaunmcdonald: 2. Latest Aqua news

[21:15] shaunmcdonald: plipli: You have been making some progress with aqua?

[21:16] plipli: yes

[21:16] • plipli has corrected caret position, added cgflush to enhance refresh of text

[21:17] plipli: ismael_ will try to add cgcontextflush in drawbitmap to test refresh

[21:18] • plipli continue to work on font drawing

[21:19] • plipli will soon go to bed....

[21:19] ismael_: • ismael_ is trying to add CGContextFlush to fix the repaint problem

[21:19] shaunmcdonald: plipli: great, this should mean that we will soon be flying through the top ten list

[21:19] plipli: • plipli hope so !

[21:19] shaunmcdonald: plipli: don't worry it will be a fairly quick meeting

[21:20] plipli: ok

[21:20] plipli: 5 min before i fall asleep...

[21:20] shaunmcdonald: Is there anything else that anyone would like to mention about Aqua?

[21:20] ismael_: i committed 2 patch: one for bitmap, and the other to fix the crash of calc which is one of the top ten bugs

[21:21] plipli: eric and florian have worked on native file picker

[21:21] shaunmcdonald: ismael_: have you updated the issues in the tracker?

[21:21] ismael_: • ismael_ is verifying

[21:21] shaunmcdonald: plipli: that will get a very positive response from the public

[21:21] ismael_: issue 73691

[21:22] IZBot: porting PATCH VERIFIED FIXED aquavcl01-> calc does instant crashes in some situations http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=73691

[21:22] ismael_: i think it's OK

[21:22] shaunmcdonald: ismael_: great, that looks good

[21:22] shaunmcdonald: shall we move on to the next point now?

[21:23] shaunmcdonald: 3. 2.2 release and QA status

[21:23] mav_eric: Eric, me and Pavel fixed some minor issues with native filepicker patch today

[21:23] mav_eric: and my testbuild for nativefilepicker showed that it works

[21:23] shaunmcdonald: mav_eric: great work

[21:24] mav_eric: shaunmcdonald: I only did the build to verify

[21:24] shaunmcdonald: mav_eric: verification is an important part of the process

[21:24] plipli: good night all, i will see the log for the end of the meeting. cu later

[21:24] mav_eric: good night plipli

[21:25] ismael_: plipli: good night

[21:25] shaunmcdonald: mav_eric: if we don't verify fixes, then we end up with the problems that we had a few weeks back where the Aqua build was so crashy that it was unusable by developers

[21:25] shaunmcdonald: good night plipli

[21:25] mav_eric: shaunmcdonald: you're right

[21:26] shaunmcdonald: mav_eric: no one can do everyone, we all need to use the resources and skill that we have to the best of the combined potential

[21:27] mav_eric:

[21:27] shaunmcdonald: Does anyone have any other things that they would like to same about Aqua?

[21:28] shaunmcdonald: 3. Chart2

[21:28] shaunmcdonald: has just added an extra item

[21:28] shaunmcdonald: the latest Chart2 builds fine, an Intel build is publicly available from http://ooo.services.openoffice.org/pub/OpenOffice.org/cws/upload/chart2/mst11/macosx/

[21:29] shaunmcdonald: A PPC build should be available soon

[21:29] shaunmcdonald: This time it has built first time no problem on the Mac, which is good news

[21:30] shaunmcdonald: 4. 2.2 release and QA status

[21:30] shaunmcdonald: The next release is scheduled for the second week of March

[21:31] shaunmcdonald: Testing has started, with builds of rc1 having been added to qatrack

[21:31] shaunmcdonald: There will be an rc2, which should come soon, we are just waiting on some show stoppers to be fixed

[21:32] audionuma: seems rc1 has showed some stoppers

[21:32] shaunmcdonald: http://qatrack.services.openoffice.org/view.php

[21:33] shaunmcdonald: audionuma: which stoppers, are they marked in the issue 73858 ?

[21:33] IZBot: tools TASK NEW track potential 2.2 blockers http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=73858

[21:34] audionuma: news on the french qa

[21:35] shaunmcdonald: • shaunmcdonald doesn't see any open blocking issues there

[21:35] audionuma: rc1 shows 2 stopppers, waiting for rc2

[21:36] shaunmcdonald: audionuma: I think these stopper have been fixed and we are just waiting on their integration and the rc2 code to be made ready and built

[21:36] shaunmcdonald: audionuma: is there any other news on the French QA?

[21:36] shaunmcdonald: mav_eric: What is happening with the German QA?

[21:36] mav_eric: shaunmcdonald: it's on its way

[21:37] mav_eric: shaunmcdonald: on my to-do for the weekend is to assign TCM Test to the testers

[21:37] shaunmcdonald: • shaunmcdonald is helping with the en-US QA, since there is still a major issue with the en-GB builds

[21:37] audionuma: no more news than waiting for rc2

[21:37] mav_eric: shaunmcdonald: but so far we found no show stopper in m6

[21:38] mav_eric: shaunmcdonald: so I assume none for rc1 one as well besides the already knewn ones

[21:38] mav_eric: shaunmcdonald: instead a lot of other anoying stuff is gone on Intel

[21:39] shaunmcdonald: mav_eric: it's great to see that a lot of annoying stuff has gone on Intel with the CWS macosxmapfiles

[21:40] mav_eric: shaunmcdonald: indeed

[21:40] shaunmcdonald: mav_eric: lets hope there is no other showstoppers

[21:40] mav_eric: shaunmcdonald: we'll see

[21:42] audionuma: it seems the mac builds are a bit late comared to Win adn Lin

[21:43] audionuma: compared

[21:43] Moxed left the chat room.

[21:43] audionuma: as the time schedule becomes tight

[21:43] audionuma: it might become an issue for mac testers

[21:43] mav_eric: audionuma: well it's not an easy job to build OOo for each supported language

[21:43] audionuma: I know, just to mention it

[21:43] mav_eric: audionuma: since we don't have language package support

[21:44] shaunmcdonald: audionuma: the Mac builds always come later since Sun checks that the source compiles before releasing the source for other platforms

[21:44] audionuma: on the french qa list, the time schedule was rely short and no mac builds available although some testers were expecting it

[21:45] audionuma: not to blame maho or anyone

[21:45] shaunmcdonald: audionuma: if we do the full QA on rc1, then all we need to do is the release sanity checks for the rc2 if that is the one that is to become final

[21:46] shaunmcdonald: audionuma: this will always be a problem until Sun completes the Mac builds instead of Maho completing them

[21:47] shaunmcdonald: Does anyone have anything else that they would like to bring up?

[21:49] mav_eric: shaunmcdonald: in germany we generally do only release sanity check for rcs and full QA with m builds

[21:49] shaunmcdonald: mav_eric: This depends on the NLC, as each one is different

[21:50] shaunmcdonald: When it come to releasing builds, I can now add them to the bouncer, as long as the builds are available on the mirror network

[21:51] mav_eric: shaunmcdonald: that would be a real improvement

[21:52] audionuma: • audionuma will speak with french project leader to check if french mac testers know about release sanity checks

[21:52] shaunmcdonald: mav_eric: I have heard that Marko was having big problems with the german download page and using the bouncer, since he couldn't add builds to the bouncer this is now longer an issue

[21:53] mav_eric: shaunmcdonald: marko already told me so on german IRC

[21:53] shaunmcdonald: mav_eric: this came to light after a German user tried to download the German build and couldn't from the Mac Port pages

[21:54] shaunmcdonald: mav_eric: this is now fixed

[21:54] shaunmcdonald: mav_eric:

[21:54] mav_eric: shaunmcdonald: yes I got the mail first and than it arrived on the mailinglist

[21:54] shaunmcdonald: mav_eric: ok

[21:54] mav_eric: shaunmcdonald: I couldn't answer that fast because I'm not 24/7/365 online

[21:55] mav_eric: shaunmcdonald: the user kind of expected that we answer in seconds or so

[21:55] shaunmcdonald: • shaunmcdonald wishes he could be awake 24/7/365

[21:55] shaunmcdonald: mav_eric: even big companies can take a day or two to respond

[21:55] shaunmcdonald: mav_eric: many won't respond at the weekend

[21:55] mav_eric: shaunmcdonald:

[21:56] shaunmcdonald: mav_eric: most of the time we will respond within 24 hours, whether or not there is a weekend or holiday

[21:57] mav_eric: shaunmcdonald: I know i know

[21:57] shaunmcdonald: Is there anything else that we should bring up?

[21:57] shaunmcdonald: Next Meeting?

[21:57] mav_eric: shaunmcdonald: next friday same time same place

[21:58] shaunmcdonald: mav_eric: ok, lets close the meeting?

[21:58] mav_eric: • mav_eric agrees on closing the meeting

[21:58] You changed the topic to "OpenOffice.org Mac porting team channel. Next IRC Meeting is scheduled Friday 2nd March 2007 (21:00 UTC / 22:00 CET). See http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/MacOSXPortMeetings#Next_Meeting for the agenda. All previous Mac port meetings logs are available at http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Previous_Mac_Meeting_logs | http://www.openoffice.org/issues/buglist.cgi?keywords=aqua".

Personal tools