Log Mac Meeting 15 August 2007

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Return to Previous meetings page : Previous_Mac_Meeting_logs

Return to August Meetings

[15:01] <shaunmcdonald> Meeting time?

[15:03] <hdu_hh> shaunmcdonald: ok with me

[15:03] <ericb2> ok

[15:04] <ericb2> befre to start, I think the Agenda is outdated

[15:04] <ericb2> -befre +before

[15:06] <shaunmcdonald> probably

[15:06] <ericb2> nobody maintained ?

[15:06] * shaunmcdonald would like to add the usage of the mac@porting list to the agenda

[15:07] <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: we didn't know what was coming up

[15:07] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: I think a simple post, will be sufficient

[15:07] <ericb2> Agenda for 15th August 2007 meeting

[15:07] <ericb2> 1. Welcome new devs joining Mac OS X port

[15:08] <ericb2> New devs around ?

[15:08] <ericb2> wolfe: want to join the port ?

[15:09] * ericb2 modified the agenda : http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X_Port_Meetings#Next_Meeting

[15:09] <hdu_hh> ericb2> thank you

[15:12] * hdu_hh doesn't think new devs are here today

[15:15] <ericb2> Next point ?

[15:15] <shaunmcdonald> 2. Latest Aqua news (aquavcl02 status, ...) / Work in progress

[15:15] <ericb2> Great news : aquavcl02 has been integrated

[15:15] <ericb2> now, build m225 using the correct flags is enough to have an aqua build

[15:16] * ericb2 modified the AquaBuild page in this purpose: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/AquaBuild

[15:16] <ericb2> any help is welcome

[15:18] <ericb2> was the Cocoa migration discussed in the previous meeting ?

[15:19] <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: there was a short quick overview of the cocoa migration by someone from sun

[15:20] <shaunmcdonald> Is the X11SDK still needed for the aqua build?

[15:20] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: I have documented everything here : http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/AquaPortCocoa/Changelog

[15:20] <hdu_hh> this must have been PL, he's on vacation now

[15:20] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: but the wiki page is outdated : I need help for the comments

[15:20] <shaunmcdonald> hdu_hh: he mentioned that

[15:21] <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: unfortunately when I done the clean install I included X11 in the install

[15:21] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: sadly, yes. There is a madness in configure and that's not yet possible to pass the X11SDK from Xcode path yet :-/

[15:21] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: just install the SDK

[15:21] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: btw, I think we can try to enable Mozilla build for aqua, then macros will start to work

[15:22] <shaunmcdonald> I still use X11 for the GIMP sometimes

[15:22] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: http://ftp.cusoo.org/MacOSX/Utilities/Intel/

[15:22] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: not the last version -> works fine

[15:23] <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: mozilla is a pain to build on the mac since it is so old an version that is required for ooo

[15:23] * shaunmcdonald thinks it's time to move to a newer version of moz to make our life easier

[15:23] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: we can use prebuild archives ?

[15:24] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: then Mozilla is enabled, and xmlsec too `

[15:24] <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: that is an option

[15:24] <shaunmcdonald> but I've never managed to build them

[15:24] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: I did since the begining of Intel

[15:24] <ericb2> hdu_hh: last aqua news ?

[15:25] <shaunmcdonald> I have built firefox a year or so back, but that was a newer version

[15:25] * mprove_ (n=mprove@A28af.a.pppool.de) has joined #ooo_macport

[15:25] <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: do your mozilla archive not work on both X11 and aqua builds of ooo?

[15:25] * mikesic has quit ()

[15:25] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: never tested, but IMHO, if the Xlib is only needed at buildtime, we can try

[15:26] <hdu_hh> debugging crashes, starting OTF support for all platforms, working on drawing layer primitive support, internationalization, revieweing patches...

[15:26] <ericb2> hdu_hh: uff.  :)

[15:27] <hdu_hh> mostly crossplattform stuff, except the crashes

[15:28] <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: I'm sure that when I done aqua builds the only change I done compared to X11 builds was to remove the --with-x from the configure line, thus including your mozilla libs

[15:28] <shaunmcdonald> hdu_hh: what is OTF support?

[15:28] <hdu_hh> shaunmcdonald ps opentype embedding into pdf and for printing

[15:29] <ericb2> hdu_hh: wow great :)

[15:29] <shaunmcdonald> hdu_hh: 8)

[15:29] <ericb2> I'll try to add the infos I have about aquavcl03

[15:29] <hdu_hh> we'll also have to change Writer etc for other Latin CTL e.g. Zapfino

[15:30] * mprove_ has quit ("Good night and good luck")

[15:30] <ericb2> since aquavcl02 is integrated, aquavcl03 is started. The objective is Cocoa migration

[15:30] <ericb2> for event loop, frames, event windowing, strings , menus and more I forgot

[15:31] * mprove has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))

[15:31] <ericb2> the concerned modules are ( at this time) : vcl, solenv, and instsetoo_native

[15:31] <ericb2> mainly vcl uses Objective C++ flags

[15:32] <ericb2> and if you want to add a module ( e.g. lingucomponent for native spellchecker), this is described on the wiki page I gave the link above

[15:32] * mprove (n=mprove@A28af.a.pppool.de) has joined #ooo_macport

[15:33] <ericb2> work in progress are: drag and drop ( tino), native spellchecker (michael), macaddress book integration (florian), Aqua controls (ismael), and me, for a lot lof little things or bugs

[15:34] <ericb2> s/work in progress/other work in progress/

[15:34] <ericb2> hdu_hh: pl and you are doing most of the work

[15:34] <hdu_hh> everything counts

[15:35] <ericb2> that's all what I have for today

[15:35] <ericb2> hdu_hh: Sure. Missing; I'll learn -seriously- english and german starting end september ;)

[15:36] <ericb2> Next point ?

[15:36] <hdu_hh> ericb2> really? do you want to understand the comments in the old code? :-)

[15:37] <ericb2> hdu_hh: I have lost a very good german since I don't speak often, and my english is too bad: I want to progress :)

[15:37] <ericb2> hdu_hh: sice the time I scheduled, I'll do this year

[15:37] <ericb2> since

[15:38] <ericb2> Next point is 3. Top 5 of issues before Alpha ( OOoCon 2007 )

[15:38] <hdu_hh> I see. Regarding reading old german comments: even we native speakers understand many of them unless we reverse engineer the code...

[15:39] <hdu_hh> understand -> don"t understand

[15:40] <ericb2> hdu_hh: document, document document ... ( Steve Ballmer like ) ;)

[15:41] <hdu_hh> ericb2: do you already have a top-x issue list?

[15:41] <ericb2> hdu_hh: I have

[15:41] <ericb2> Like for first development snapshot, I propose a Top 5 of issues ( or Top 10 if needed ) before alpha

[15:42] <hdu_hh> so you"re suggesting to fix them in aquavcl03 and then close the CWS?

[15:42] <hdu_hh> and continue with aquavcl04?

[15:42] <ericb2> hdu_hh: I'd prefer see a new cws

[15:42] <ericb2> hdu_hh: and provide Carbon version

[15:43] <hdu_hh> ericb2: ok. The new CWS based on Carbon?

[15:43] <ericb2> hdu_hh: exactly : m225 + fixes

[15:43] <hdu_hh> ah, I see..

[15:44] <ericb2> hdu_hh: aquavcl03 will integrate them progressively after resync

[15:44] <ericb2> hdu_hh: no matter if the alpha version is not an exact release, but just an exact milestone

[15:44] <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: aquavcl03 is for cocoa migration

[15:44] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: indeed

[15:45] <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: so the m225 + fixes would be aquavcl04?

[15:45] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: yes, or macalpha or whatever :)

[15:45] <hdu_hh> or carbonfixes...

[15:46] <ericb2> hdu_hh: yes :)

[15:46] <shaunmcdonald> so what is to go inside this CWS?

[15:47] <ericb2> first issue is black frame: fixed in aquavcl03 -> just a backport imho

[15:47] <ericb2> second issue to be fixed: bad scrollbar behaviour ( issue 77549 )

[15:47] <shaunmcdonald> doesn't that cause resync issues?

[15:47] <IZBot> porting DEFECT STARTED P3 Scrollbar - vcl control areas not correctly superposed with aqua areas on scrollbar http:// qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=77549

[15:48] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: if we add the changes both in aquavcl03 and Carbonfixes, it should be ok

[15:48] <hdu_hh> shaunmcdonald: maybe some easy merge conflicts, but nothing special

[15:48] <shaunmcdonald> hdu_hh: ok

[15:49] <shaunmcdonald> as long as someone is happy with them

[15:49] <ericb2> other issues:

[15:49] <ericb2> listboxes not drawn correctly ( m225 Aqua ) -> issue 80704

[15:49] <IZBot> porting DEFECT NEW P3 listboxes not drawn correctly ( m225 Aqua ) http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=80704

[15:49] <hdu_hh> a trick to reduce conflicts: use cvs update -j -j to move fixes to other CWS

[15:49] <ericb2> combo boxes not drawn correctly -> issue 80701

[15:49] <IZBot> porting DEFECT NEW P3 combo boxes not drawn correctly http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=80701

[15:49] <ericb2> hdu_hh: thanks :)

[15:50] <ericb2> popup menus not drawn correctly when scrolling : the baseline is missing when scrolling down

[15:51] * ericb2 forgot the issue number

[15:51] <hdu_hh> and don"t forget the -kk option when joining fixes

[15:52] <ericb2> important issue : drag and drop ( issue 79620 )

[15:52] <IZBot> porting TASK STARTED P3 Implement Drag&Drop for OOo on Mac OS X http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=79620

[15:53] <ericb2> if you see other issues, please complete

[15:53] <hdu_hh> ericb2: is there already a link from the Aquabuild wiki to the top-X list?

[15:53] <ericb2> hdu_hh: not yet

[15:54] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald , hdu_hh: I think we will have to add something on mac website too

[15:54] <ericb2> + a post on mac@porting list

[15:54] <ericb2> to advertise people on vacation

[15:54] <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: about the top 5?

[15:55] <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: that would make a good news item

[15:55] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: yes: Top 5 before alpha

[15:55] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: sure

[15:55] <shaunmcdonald> just like for the top ten

[15:55] <shaunmcdonald> when do we want the release?

[15:56] <shaunmcdonald> do you have an issue to track the changes before release

[15:56] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: not yet. Will you create one ?

[15:57] <ericb2> do you see other important issues before alpha ?

[15:58] <ericb2> the list can be 6 or 7 .. why not

[15:58] <shaunmcdonald> so when will the alpha release be?

[15:58] <shaunmcdonald> ooocon2007?

[15:58] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: once the issues fixed. We expect for OOocon2007

[15:59] <shaunmcdonald> so maybe earlier

[15:59] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: don't expect the changes to be integrated too early

[15:59] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: and time goes fast

[15:59] <shaunmcdonald> ok so we will aim for ooocon2007

[15:59] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: I'm crossing the fingers

[16:00] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: but I can't tell you more today: the work ahas to be done

[16:00] <hdu_hh> ericb2: with 2.3 soon I don"t expect it to be integrated into master before OOocon

[16:00] <shaunmcdonald> hdu_hh: 2.3 has already been branched

[16:00] <shaunmcdonald> hdu_hh: so there shouldn't be a problem

[16:00] <ericb2> hdu_hh: does it matter if we provide one or two milestones after 2.3.0 ?

[16:01] <shaunmcdonald> it won't be in 2.3

[16:01] <ericb2> hdu_hh: end users don't really care

[16:01] <shaunmcdonald> but will be in the milestones

[16:01] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: yes, only provide complete milestone

[16:02] <shaunmcdonald> yeah

[16:02] <hdu_hh> yes, lets base the release on the carbon fix CWS

[16:03] <ericb2> ok, I'll post my proposal on mac@porting list

[16:03] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: is it ok for you to prepare a new news for mac site ?

[16:04] <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: yes

[16:04] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: great

[16:04] <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: when should we do the news release?

[16:04] <shaunmcdonald> tomorrow or friday?

[16:04] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: perfect

[16:05] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: friday as deadline is perfect

[16:05] <shaunmcdonald> first I need the issue, with the dependant issues attached

[16:06] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: let me post the first announce on mac@porting: I"'ll provide an issue list, and once you grouped everything in one issue, you answer me.

[16:07] <shaunmcdonald> 8)

[16:08] <hdu_hh> Is it easy for you to create the CWS or should I do it?

[16:08] * mmeeks has quit (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))

[16:08] <ericb2> hdu_hh: no problem for me

[16:08] <ericb2> hdu_hh: maybe more easy for you

[16:08] <hdu_hh> ok

[16:08] * mmeeks (n=michael@mmeeks.gotadsl.co.uk) has joined #ooo_macport

[16:08] <ericb2> hdu_hh: carbonfixes ?

[16:09] <hdu_hh> shaunmcdonald: do you agree?

[16:09] <ericb2> tino: ?

[16:09] <ericb2> obr: ?

[16:09] <ericb2> other ?

[16:09] <shaunmcdonald> hdu_hh: or maybe aquavclcarbonfixes ?

[16:10] <hdu_hh> +1

[16:10] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: good

[16:10] * shaunmcdonald is maybe trying to get stuck on the colour of the bike shed :-(

[16:10] * ericb2 just wondering if the name is not too long

[16:10] <ericb2> hdu_hh: I'm currently connected to eis

[16:11] <hdu_hh> if EIS can handle it...

[16:11] <obr> ericb2: if not, blame blauwal ;-)

[16:11] <ericb2> obr: :)

[16:12] <ericb2> obr: ok for aquavclcarbonfixes ?

[16:12] <obr> ericb2: sure.

[16:12] * ericb2 will put hdu@ , pl@ and pjanik@ in the list. If I forgot somebody important, please cry after me

[16:13] <hdu_hh> ericb2: tino

[16:13] <ericb2> hdu_hh: sure

[16:14] <ericb2> hdu_hh: done. I'll now complete the description: Fix the 5 important issues before alpha Aqua ( Carbon ) version of OpenOffice.org

[16:14] <ericb2> ok ?

[16:14] <ericb2> please help my bad english ^^

[16:14] <shaunmcdonald> 5 most important

[16:14] <hdu_hh> ericb2: perfect

[16:14] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: ok

[16:16] <shaunmcdonald> or if this is going to be the release just: Fix the issues for the Alpha Aqua (Carbon) version of OpenOffice.org

[16:17] <ericb2> cws created

[16:17] <ericb2> hdu_hh: feel free to adapt/modify the dates if needed

[16:18] <hdu_hh> ok

[16:18] <ericb2> hdu_hh: m225 ?

[16:19] <ericb2> yes

[16:19] <ericb2> Scheduling promotion of child workspace 'aquavclcarbonfixes' from 'planned' to 'new'

[16:20] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: can we summarize ?

[16:20] <hdu_hh> m225 is a good start and i don"t expect any conflicts when resynching

[16:21] <shaunmcdonald> CWS aquavclcarbonfixes has been created for 5 important fixes

[16:21] <shaunmcdonald> this will be announced within the next 2 days

[16:22] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: I'll post the list of issues. You complete with the issue number tracking them all

[16:22] <shaunmcdonald> these fixes should hopefully be complete and integrated with a build release by ooocon2007

[16:22] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: looks complete now ?

[16:22] <shaunmcdonald> yes

[16:23] <ericb2> Next point ?

[16:24] <shaunmcdonald> AOB

[16:25] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: sorry ?

[16:25] <shaunmcdonald> Any other business

[16:25] <ericb2> Next point is: 4. A point about OOocon 2007

[16:25] * shaunmcdonald is confused/lost

[16:25] * boulifb (n=pollux@ble59-3-82-225-193-58.fbx.proxad.net) has joined #ooo_macport

[16:25] <shaunmcdonald> sorry ericb2 your right

[16:26] <ericb2> afaik, they are 4 proposal form Mac porters at OOoCon2007

[16:26] <ericb2> hdu_hh: I added the point because we will have to discuss more

[16:27] <hdu_hh> ericb2: agreed

[16:27] <ericb2> Wednesday : (not confirmed) : presentation of Aqua version ( 11:45 -> 12h30 ) ericb

[16:27] <ericb2> Wednesday : 18h15 -> 19:00 ericb/hdu : Aqua : the Light ( BoF, mainly for developers )

[16:29] <ericb2> Thursday: 17:00 -> 19:00 Debugging OOo Mac OS X with gdb, emacs and xcode ( mikesic )

[16:29] <ericb2> Friday 8:00 -> 8:45 Buildbot: Bigger, Better, Buildier ( shaunmcdonald + mikeleib )

[16:29] <ericb2> I think I forgot nothing

[16:29] <ericb2> maybe Pavel has a conf too. Not sure

[16:30] <shaunmcdonald> ericb2: as far as I know pavel isn't presenting

[16:30] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: ok. and nobody else propsoed something ? cloph_awa1 e.g. ?

[16:32] <shaunmcdonald> according to http://marketing.openoffice.org/ooocon2007/speakers.html all presentations need to be complete by 1st of september 2007

[16:32] <shaunmcdonald> that's half a month away

[16:33] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: thanks for the reminder

[16:33] <ericb2> btw, there is a wiki page for OOoCon2007, and I propose we add the days we will attend

[16:33] <ericb2> because of my work, I won't attend all the confs

[16:34] * mikesic (n=mikesic@adsl-70-242-31-206.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net) has joined #ooo_macport

[16:34] * ChanServ gives channel operator status to mikesic

[16:34] <ericb2> other infos ?

[16:35] <ericb2> Next meeting ?

[16:36] <ericb2> is it ok to make a point about the Top 5 and OOoCon2007 next week ? If we wait more, some problems can occur

[16:37] <ericb2> Next IRC Meeting:Wednesday 22th August 2007 (*13*:00 UTC) See http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/MacOSXPortMeetings for the agenda

[16:37] * ericb2 has changed the topic to: [English]OpenOffice.org Mac porting team channel. Next IRC Meeting:Wednesday 22th August 2007 (*13*:00 UTC) See http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/MacOSXPortMeetings for the agenda. Previous meetings logs are available at http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Previous_Mac_Meeting_logs

Personal tools