Log Mac Meeting 11 May 2007

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Return to Previous meetings page : Previous_Mac_Meeting_logs

Return to April Meetings Mac_meetings_May_2007

[22:04] <paveljanik> can we start now?

[22:06] <paveljanik> ericb2, shaunmcdonald: ping

[22:07] <ericb2> ok for me

[22:08] <paveljanik> so point 1

[22:09] <paveljanik> 1. Welcome new devs joining Mac OS X port

[22:09] <paveljanik> Hello everyone, any new developer here?

[22:09] <ybart2> Not really new, but I'm back

[22:10] <ericb2> ybart2: welcome back :)

[22:10] <ybart2> ericb2: Thanks

[22:10] <paveljanik> ybart: hi!

[22:10] <ybart2> paveljanik: hi

[22:10] <Cremlae> ybart: Hi there!

[22:10] <ybart2> I hope I will have some time to implement Printing

[22:10] <ybart2> hi Cremlae

[22:11] <paveljanik> 2. Last Aqua news / Work in progress

[22:12] <ericb2> paveljanik: have you some news ?

[22:13] <paveljanik> no, I'm busy these days -(

[22:13] <ericb2> I got some

[22:13] <ericb2> Philipp Lohmann proposed a fix for writer refresh

[22:13] <ericb2> http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=73689

[22:14] <ericb2> already commited

[22:14] <IZBot> issue 73689: porting DEFECT NEW aquavcl01-> fix redrawing/refresh issue on Aqua version

[22:14] <ismael_> i also committed 2 patches recently (cf my blog)

[22:14] <ismael_> one for utility windows and the other for the 2 functions: setMinClientSize and setMaxClientSize()

[22:15] * boulifb has quit ("KVIrc 3.2.0 'Realia'")

[22:15] * ericb2 fixed menu popups drawing under the Dock / Main menubar (with Pavel help ) http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=74626

[22:15] <IZBot> issue 74626: porting PATCH RESOLVED FIXED aquavcl01: native POPUP menu drawn partially invisible

[22:15] <ericb2> changes commited

[22:16] <ericb2> other changes ?

[22:17] * boulifb (n=kvirc@ble59-3-82-225-193-58.fbx.proxad.net) has joined #ooo_macport

[22:17] <paveljanik> PhillipL implemented proper Apple+Q handling.

[22:17] <mikesic> I have attached a new patch for the tooltips.

[22:18] <mikesic> issue 74392

[22:18] <IZBot> porting DEFECT NEW aquavcl01: tooltip crash http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=74392

[22:18] <mikesic> If no one objects I will commit it, and the related issue that displays the full text of extended tooltips.

[22:19] <ericb2> mikesic: indeed, the full text of extended tooltips is broken

[22:20] * obr (n=obr@d134102.adsl.hansenet.de) has joined #ooo_macport

[22:20] * ChanServ gives channel operator status to obr

[22:20] <ericb2> The second patch is : http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=75889

[22:20] <IZBot> issue 75889: porting DEFECT NEW aquavcl01: Extended tooltips text truncated

[22:20] <mikesic> Pavel pointed out a problem in invert this morning. frame-removal.png

[22:21] <mikesic> I have a partial fix for it

[22:21] <mikesic> It corrects the refresh.

[22:22] <paveljanik> mikesic: can you please separate all fixes you have in your first patch? It is hard to guess what is for menus and what for tooltips. I can then review both patches.

[22:22] <mikesic> paveljanik: Then I will create a new issue for menus, and attach the patch to it.

[22:23] <paveljanik> mikesic: yup. Assign it to me.

[22:23] <ericb2> mikesic: please put me on CC.

[22:23] <mikesic> paveljanik: and another issue for this frame-removal.png

[22:24] <ericb2> mikesic: I think things will be clear this way

[22:24] <mikesic> ericb2: :)

[22:25] <paveljanik> mikesic: yes, thanks.

[22:25] <ericb2> paveljanik: did pl commit Apple + Q fix already ?

[22:25] * paveljanik should have filed an issue for it directly... :-(

[22:25] <paveljanik> ericb2: yes

[22:25] <paveljanik> cvs up, bonsai

[22:25] <ericb2> paveljanik: thanks

[22:25] <ericb2> other work in progress ?

[22:26] <ybart2> I'm working on printing

[22:26] * fheckl will go to bed, but keep logged in until my MacBook goes to sleep. CU

[22:27] <paveljanik> fheckl: good night

[22:27] <ericb2> ybart2: good. I'd strongly suggest you to contact Herbert Duerr

[22:27] * boulifb has quit ("KVIrc 3.2.0 'Realia'")

[22:27] <paveljanik> we publish logs, so... ;-)

[22:27] <ericb2> fheckl: good night :)

[22:27] <ybart2> I am focusing in displaying aqua dialog box instead of the svtools provided ones

[22:27] <Cremlae> fheckl: good night!

[22:28] <ybart2> ericb2: What should I discuss with him ?

[22:28] <ericb2> ybart2: Herbert ( alias hdu) is a font / printing expert.

[22:28] <paveljanik> ybart2: I think it is more important to print *without* the dialog now and add the dialog in the future. Printing itself is more important...

[22:28] <paveljanik> the dialog only sets some values. Just hardcode them for now...

[22:29] <ybart2> paveljanik: I agree, but using native dialog will allow us to use the Carbon provided structures

[22:30] <ybart2> paveljanik: Ok, but I still want to to dialog first, because it is easier for me to start with dialogs and then do the whole printing system rather thant directly attack the whole thing...

[22:31] <paveljanik> ybart2: ok :-)

[22:31] <paveljanik> BTW - pl will help you, for sure.

[22:31] <paveljanik> as he maintains the whole printing now ;-)

[22:31] <ericb2> ybart2: I have seen you updated the wiki page about printing. thanks !

[22:32] <ybart2> ericb2: Yes, but I am currently dealing with svtools, my problem is to ask svtools to not use its dialog, and use mine instead

[22:32] <ybart2> paveljanik: thanks

[22:32] * boulifb (n=kvirc@ble59-3-82-225-193-58.fbx.proxad.net) has joined #ooo_macport

[22:33] <ybart2> I'd like to replicate what we have in sal but for svtools

[22:33] <ybart2> My problem is that I don't know how to do that...

[22:33] <paveljanik> ybart2: ask with detailed description in dev@gsl

[22:33] <ybart2> paveljanik: ok, I'll do that immediately

[22:34] <paveljanik> thank you!

[22:34] <ericb2> Other work in progress ?

[22:35] <paveljanik> not from my side

[22:36] <paveljanik> ericb2: you are working on clipping in AquaSalFrame?

[22:36] <paveljanik> button' pulse?

[22:36] <ericb2> paveljanik: yes, I started clipping in salframe ( shapes clipping ) using CoreGraphics - we build up a region out of single rectangles -

[22:36] <ericb2> paveljanik: I discussed what had to be done, and asked more infos to pl

[22:36] <ericb2> paveljanik: I'll try to respect Windows implementation

[22:37] <ericb2> just a lot of docmentation to read

[22:37] <ericb2> About : http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=75020

[22:37] <ericb2> From pl : The about window is not shaped, so if this is a clipping problem, then its is not SalFrame clipping but the one in SalGraphics.

[22:37] <IZBot> issue 75020: porting DEFECT NEW middle part of the offscreen native button drawn few pixels off

[22:38] <ericb2> I think that's all for Aqua news

[22:38] <ericb2> Next point ?

[22:39] <ericb2> 3. WWDC 2007 (weekly news)

[22:40] <ericb2> I think it's probable Philipp Lohmann will attend the WWDC

[22:40] <ericb2> I asked Sun the authorization, and I'll have to redo officially

[22:40] <ericb2> for the eTicket, things are ok

[22:40] <ericb2> just for the money ( travel + hotel )

[22:41] <ericb2> I'm waiting Christian Hardy answer, because we have only 1500 to 1600 euros available, whil approximativly 1700 are needed

[22:41] <ericb2> Christian is Cusoon treasurer

[22:42] <ericb2> again, if you have technical questions, please help us to prepare

[22:43] <ericb2> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:Ericb#Mac_OS_X_porter_Team_at_WWDC_2007

[22:44] <ericb2> No question ?

[22:45] <ericb2> Next point ?

[22:45] <paveljanik> yes

[22:46] <ericb2> 4. Prepare OOoCon 2007 ( deadline : 1st June for proposal ! )

[22:46] <ericb2> Who will attend AND propose a conf/BoF/whatever

[22:46] <ericb2> ?

[22:47] <paveljanik> I will attend. I'm still not decided if I want to present or what.

[22:47] <ericb2> ismael_: ?

[22:47] <ismael_> i planned to attend and make a conf

[22:47] <ericb2> shaunmcdonald: ?

[22:49] * croy (n=croy@ASt-Lambert-152-1-83-104.w90-2.abo.wanadoo.fr) has joined #ooo_macport

[22:49] <paveljanik> ismael_: what topic?

[22:49] <paveljanik> ericb2: what topic?

[22:49] <ismael_> paveljanik: i thougth about OOo and AHIG

[22:49] <paveljanik> ismael_: interesting!

[22:50] * dave_largo has quit ("Client exiting")

[22:50] <ericb2> paveljanik: from my side, I'll present the state of Aqua version, third part : The Light :)

[22:50] * thorsten clearly plans to attend, but hasn't made up his mind for a topic yet

[22:50] <ismael_> paveljanik: and in the conf i planned to talk also of the problems between AHIG and OOo visual identity

[22:50] <ericb2> ismael_: nothing about your SoC ?

[22:51] <ismael_> ericb2: in fact it will be my soc

[22:51] <paveljanik> ;)

[22:51] <ismael_> ericb2: because AHIG means also having aqua controls

[22:51] <ericb2> paveljanik: I'll change for a technical presentation this time I think

[22:52] <ericb2> ismael_: be carefull

[22:52] <ericb2> ismael_: we can mainly work for the look

[22:52] <ismael_> ericb2: no problem

[22:52] <ericb2> ismael_: the Feel, not yet, just partially

[22:53] * croy (n=croy@ASt-Lambert-152-1-83-104.w90-2.abo.wanadoo.fr) has left #ooo_macport

[22:53] <ericb2> other proposal ?

[22:53] * croy (n=croy@ASt-Lambert-152-1-83-104.w90-2.abo.wanadoo.fr) has joined #ooo_macport

[22:56] * Received a CTCP PING 1178917002 from croy (to #ooo_macport)

[22:56] * Received a CTCP PING 1178917004 from croy (to #ooo_macport)

[22:56] * croy has quit ("Quit")

[22:57] * croy (n=croy@ASt-Lambert-152-1-83-104.w90-2.abo.wanadoo.fr) has joined #ooo_macport

[22:57] Cremlae croy

[22:58] <ericb2> let's continue next week ?

[22:58] <ericb2> ( about OOoCon proposal )

[22:58] <paveljanik> yes

[22:58] <ericb2> ok

[22:58] <ericb2> Last point is Misc

[22:58] <ericb2> questions ?

[22:59] <ericb2> FYI, we received two new machines

[23:00] <mikesic> ericb2: that's great

[23:00] <ericb2> mikesic: indeed

[23:01] <paveljanik> what machines? What is their planned usage? Who will develop on them?

[23:01] <paveljanik> or will we bury them in buildbots/tinderbox? ;-)

[23:01] <ericb2> I proposed the one I received to Ismael, because I reserve it to people writing code

[23:01] <paveljanik> +1

[23:01] <ericb2> but not sure he is interested

[23:01] <ericb2> ismael_: it is up to you

[23:02] <ismael_> ericb2: yes i thought at your proposal

[23:02] <ericb2> paveljanik: for the secon one, I provided Oliver address

[23:02] <ismael_> ericb2: and i'm ok

[23:02] * obr currently needs a replacement for his broken iMac G5

[23:02] <paveljanik> +1

[23:03] <ismael_> ericb2: it will be better to code at home with a 17 instead of my 13 macbook

[23:03] <ericb2> paveljanik: to be correct Oliver didn't receive a gift, this machine is Macport property

[23:03] * paveljanik is happy about the distribution of new machines.

[23:03] <ericb2> ismael_: good. Just find a way to meet us :)

[23:03] * obr just solved his build problem with m211 - by installing Java 5

[23:04] <ismael_> ericb2: yes

[23:04] <ericb2> ismael_: we will probably meet us in the next month. When exactly, do't know yet, but be patient ;-)

[23:04] <ismael_> ericb2: ok

[23:05] <ericb2> Other points ? Questins ?

[23:05] <paveljanik> Q: where are older machines the port received? Minis?

[23:05] <paveljanik> do developers use them?

[23:06] <ericb2> paveljanik: Fridrich has one

[23:06] <paveljanik> yes, he is using it.

[23:06] <ericb2> paveljanik: and the other, don't remember, but they are close to HH if I'm not wrong

[23:07] <ericb2> paveljanik: other machines Tino and Jogi

[23:08] <ericb2> Next meeting : Friday 18th May , same hour ?

[23:09] <paveljanik> +1

[23:09] <obr> +1

[23:09] <ismael_> +1

[23:09] <ericb2> + 1 for mee too

[23:09] <ericb2> Log of this meeting is : http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Log_Mac_Meeting_11_May_2007

[23:09] <ericb2> Good night all :)

Return to Previous meetings page : Previous_Mac_Meeting_logs

Return to April Meetings Mac_meetings_May_2007

Personal tools