- 1 About QA and release
- 2 Primary information about release candidates and release status
- 3 Release QA status of build : QATrack
- 4 Release schedule of US English version of 2.4.2
- 5 Where to download 2.4.2 release candidate(s)
- 6 Release stopper issue for 2.4.2
- 7 VCL TestTool for 2.4.2
- 8 VCL TestTool environment for 2.4.2
- 9 How you test 2.4.2 release candidates and how release candidates get approved
- 10 Who is in chage and time table
- 11 Links
About QA and release
To release your native language version of OpenOffice.org, each language project proceeds QA (quality assurance). Each native language projects are correspondence and responsible for the release.
For example, the Japanese language project is responsible for Japanese version of OpenOffice.org.
Primary information about release candidates and release status
The QATrack has all information for QA of your language; e.g., in QA, build has been approved, and distributed.
Login to QATrack required. Username and password are the same as when you login to OpenOffice.org site.
Where to download 2.4.2 release candidate(s)
Currently we have 2.4.2 release candidate 1. You can download packages from the following links. Note: For English (US) version, the release candidate 1 has been released as the final.
- 2.4.2rc1(kddilabs, Win/Lin/Sol)
- 2.4.2rc1(Good-Day; MacOSX)
- MD5SUMS for Win/Lin/Sol
- MD5sums for MacOSX
- mirror sites for the release candidates
Release stopper issue for 2.4.2
Note: this issue has already been closed.
If you found a show stopper (critical bug) for 2.4.2,
- Write an issue and depend on the issue,
- And explain why you think this is a stopper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VCL TestTool for 2.4.2
VCL TestTool Binaries OOo 2.4 / OOo 3.x Please download VCL TestTool binary from the link above.
VCL TestTool environment for 2.4.2
This a checkout by Andre Schnabel.
- about tag: For Builds >= DEV300m14 use HEAD
- Update every day by Andre Schnabel
- Announcement by Andre Schnabel
- CVS tag and branches(How we can checkout VCLTestTool environment)
How you test 2.4.2 release candidates and how release candidates get approved
We JA project define the following three tests for approval of the release candidates
- One release candidate must be tested at least one of the method described above.
- Almost all tests (not strictly all) have performed and passed.
- If RC1 has passed the test, we do not necessarily do tests for RC2, and RC3 ... etc. Of course it's better to do tests for each release candidates.
- Final decision will be done by the QA manager.
- How we define these tests? (or how to make consensus?)...the QA manager defines. We ja project defined by IRC meetings.
Who is in chage and time table
Please send the QA correspondence and/or the project lead of JA if you want to modify this table
|Appoint QA manager||maho||2007/11/5||notification : email@example.com is the QA manager|
|creation of wiki for QA/release||enoki||2008/11/20||notification|
|Notify the release stopper issue||maho||2008/11/25||ASAP||Notificaton|
|Notify RC builds||maho||2008/11/25||Watch release@ ML||Notification|
|Submit builds to QATrack||maho||2008/11/25||RC builds||howto|
|Invite QA participants||maho||2008/11/26||notification|
|QA status update@QATrack||maho||Test has almost finished||notification|
|Distribute Issue||maho||2008/12/2||Test has almost finished||notification|
|Release announce||maho||2008/12/3-||Bouncer links||draft|
|Translation & publish of announcement of ENUS ver.||(reiko)||2008/11/18||en-us released||notification|
|Update download page||maho||2008/12/3-5||Before annoucement||2.4.2 download page|
|Update top page||maho||2008/12/5||Before announcement|||
|Verify topage and download page||May have some time lags.|
|Publish announcement||maho||2008/12/5||(2.4.2 announcement)|
|Verify update page||maho||2008/12/5||No update page?|
|Add history||maho||2008/12/5||After 2.4.2 finished|
- TCM (Test Case Management)
- 日本語プロジェクトQA IRC会議
- QA_Metrics QA用問い合わせIssueTrackerリンク集