OpenOffice.org HackFest 2010
Dear OOo hackers,
the OOoCon just ended, and we realize how little time we can spend together face2face each year. To properly fix that problem, we hereby announce the next event around OpenOffice.org - a HackFest in Hamburg, specifically targeted to developers, to give all of us more face time & collectively work on the code.
The OpenOffice.org HackFest will take place on the weekend of November 6./7. 2010 in the Attraktor in Hamburg, and a tentative program could look like this:
- Friday night - beer & fun, warming up, starting 19:00 in the Schachcafé, see below under #How_to_get_there
- Saturday morning from 11:00 on - Intro talks, Hands-on sessions
- Saturday afternoon/night - collective hacking, bug fixing
- Sunday morning from 11:00 on - wrap-up, review, document
For those who are in need for a bursary, we have a limited travel funding budget available. For sleeping, couchsurfing at the organizers is available. Be aware that would be in an unheated loft, so bringing a sleeping mat and a good sleeping bag would be essential. For more comfortable reasonably priced acommodations see the wiki page.
We look forward to meet you there, stay tuned for further announcements around programme and sponsoring! To register yourself, just drop a short note to email@example.com and we'll follow up with further information soon.
Faithfully, your HackFest organizers
Eike, Florian & Thorsten
Ideas and topics that could be worked on are collected at Hackfest2010/Topics.
Location at OpenStreetMap: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.603016&lon=10.022952&zoom=18&layers=M
Location at Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=53.602915,10.022873&daddr=&geocode=&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=0&sz=19&sll=53.602983,10.022873&sspn=0.001372,0.00213&ie=UTF8&ll=53.603007,10.022691&spn=0.002744,0.004259&t=h&z=18
How to get there
From Central Station (Hauptbahnhof):
- Take the city train S1 or S11 direction Ohlsdorf or direction Airport/Poppenbüttel (green line).
- Get off at Rübenkamp (City Nord), which is 8 stations from central station, the ride will take 17 minutes.
- Take the exit City Nord, Fachhochschule, Hebebrandstraße in the direction of travel, North.
- The restaurant Schachcafé where we meet for the social on Friday evening starting from 19:00 is located directly at the exit.
- To get to the Attraktor e.V. location, either
- take the bus 26 direction S Hamburg Airport or U Alsterdorf and get off at the second stop Dakarweg, take the stairs on the right before the bridge, or
- walk about 1200m to the West along Hebebrandstraße, Überseering, take the stairs on the right before the bridge
- then on the upper level walk straight into Attraktor e.V., see map.
Note: The entire building complex is on two levels, the Attraktor e.V. is located on the upper level.
If you know the way or dare to find your way ;-) you may walk from S Rübenkamp exit South all the Dakarweg, cross the bridge and stay on the upper level. A nicer walk but may get tricky, see map. Not recommendable at night, at least not for the first time..
How to get away
The last bus 26 direction Bf Rahlstedt to get to S Rübenkamp goes at 22:52.
At Rübenkamp the S1 direction Blankenese to get to the Central Station runs every 20 minutes all night, on *:02 *:22 and *:42.
Public transport tips
If you stay all 3 days it pays to buy a 3-day ticket (3-Tage-Karte) for 15.90€. Staying less than 3 days if you plan more than 2 rides a day buy a 9 o'clock day ticket (9-Uhr-Tageskarte) after 9:00 for the Greater Hamburg Area (Großbereich) for 5.90€, valid until 6:00 in the morning of the following day. A single ticket (Einzelkarte) is 2.75€, round or return trips are not permitted.
Subway and city trains run every 20 minutes the entire night during weekends.
|Content on this page is licensed under the Creative Common Attribution 3.0 license (CC-BY).|