Documentation/How Tos/Calc: YIELD function
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Calculates the yield for an interest paying security.
YIELD(settlementdate; maturitydate; rate; price; redemptionvalue; frequency; basis)
- settlementdate: the settlement (purchase) date of the security.
- maturitydate: the maturity (redemption) date of the security.
- rate: the (annual) coupon rate of the security.
- price: the price of the security, per 100 par value.
- redemptionvalue: the redemption value of the security, per 100 par value.
- frequency: number of interest payments per year (1, 2 or 4).
- basis: is the calendar system to use. Defaults to 0 if omitted.
- 0 - US method (NASD), 12 months of 30 days each
- 1 - Actual number of days in months, actual number of days in year
- 2 - Actual number of days in month, year has 360 days
- 3 - Actual number of days in month, year has 365 days
- 4 - European method, 12 months of 30 days each
- This function calculates the yield of a security. It uses the PRICE function, and iterates (up to 100 times) to find the yield that would give price.
YIELD("2008-02-15"; "2010-11-15"; 5%; 95; 100; 2; 0)
- returns approximately 0.070 or 7%.
- This function is not exact, as it relies on iteration. It may thus give slightly different results to other spreadsheets. For practical purposes any differences are unlikely to be significant.