Linux Build Requirements
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Make sure that your system meets the following build requirements.
- 1 or more reasonable fast CPUs, x-way CPU's recommended.
- 1 GB Ram ( 2 GB recommended )
- 10 GB free disk space
- glibc: for OOo<=3.1: 2.2.x or higher , for OOo>3.1: 2.3.2 or higher
- C/C++ Compiler: OpenOffice.org has been successfully build on Linux with gcc versions greater 3.3.x. Currently "officially used" GCC version is 4.2.3
- The X11 development libraries and header files should be installed. Should be in place with most Linux distributions. Note the there are currently some issues with X version 4.3
- PAM (should come with most Linux distributions). You must install the development package for your distribution.
- Shell: either bash or csh are supported.
- The gpc general polygon clipper library release 2.31, located at http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/aig/staff/alan/software/. Download and unpack the tarball. You should have the files gpc.c and gpc.h in $SRC_ROOT/external/gpc.
- GTK - If you enable the crash reporter in configure then you need the gtk 2, jpeg and tiff development libraries.
|Content on this page is licensed under the Public Documentation License (PDL).|