Common tasks SP
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
(Redirected from Common tasks)
- How would I use a value entered in a control to update a batch of records in the database?
- How to display a calculated field that uses a value in a column to determine what calculation should be performed? ( SQL CASE WHEN Statement vs onRecordChange Event )
- How do I import and export data from Base?
- Working with DATE / TIME / DATETIMESTAMP fields
- Working with BOOLEAN fields
- How do I setup a main navigation screen.
- Connecting Tables
- How to add a sub form to a sub form?
- How do I filter a result set based on a value from a drop down list box?
- How to display a summary ( aggregate ) field for all the records in a table grid control, that updates when records are added or updated?
- How to set up a field that displays a calculated value based on the entry from other controls? ( display only & how to save this value )
- How do I programmatically copy a record's data to a new record, allowing for some columns to be changed before being written?
- How do I display values from more then one column in a list ( combo ) box?
- How can I use a combo box to select values, but allow the user to update the list of available choices?
- How to limit ( alter ) the list displayed in a list box when an item is selected in another list box?
- How do I open a form from another form? ( Button click, menu item )
- MS Access has the method FindFirst, FindNext for a rowset. Base does not have these, what do I do instead?