From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
The Zotero plugin enables Writer to interact with Zotero to manage references in documents.
Zotero is a free, easy-to-use Firefox extension to help you collect, manage, and cite your research sources. It provides five basic functions:
- Add Citation
- Edit Citation
- Zotero Insert Bibliography
- Refresh - updates your references to any changes in your Zotero collection.
- Document Preferences - allowing you to change your bibliographic style on the fly
The Zotero-OpenOffice plugin was Modified by Ian Laurenson under contract to the University of Southern Queensland for OOo Writer.
The macros integrate Microsoft Word (MSWD) or OpenOffice.org (OOo) with Zotero - a Firefox bibliographic extension.
The extension is available from the Zotero site.
The code is written in Python and uses the OpenOffice.org Python UNO API. Details about the coding and packing of OpenOffice extensions is available from the Extensions Wiki pages.
- There is an open request for improved hyperlinkage behaviours, including automated linkage from citations to bibliography entries, and between bibliography entries and the referenced resources (where a suitable URI is available in the zotero record for the entry).
- For better usability the Zotero extension could better integrate itself into the OpenOffice menu system. Please see: http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=106396