AutoCorrect Options - Localized Options
Some AutoCorrect options under Tools - AutoCorrect Options - Options are language dependant.
Either they are specific to one language like the insertion of a space before some punctuation marks in French (See: Non Breaking Spaces Before Punctuation In French (espaces insécables)) or the correction they execute differs depending of the current language like the formatting of ordinal numbers (See: Localized AutoCorrection of Ordinal Numbers (1st 2nd)) or the use of custom quotes.
Therefore those options have to be grouped into one tabpage which contents varies depending of the current language.
|Reference Document||Check||Location (URL)|
|Product Requirement, RFE, Issue ID (required)||[available/not available]||<PLEASE ENTER LOCATION HERE>|
|Accessibility Check (required)||See accessibility section for check list|
|Test case specification (required)||[available/not available]||<PLEASE ENTER LOCATION HERE>|
|IDL Specification||[available/not available]||<PLEASE ENTER LOCATION HERE>|
|Software Specification Rules||n/a||n/a|
|Other, e.g. references to related specs, Product Concept Document||<PLEASE ENTER LOCATION HERE>|
|Quality Assurance||Éric Savaryemail@example.com|
|User Experience|| Cédric Bosdonnat
Acronyms and Abbreviations
|Acronym / Abbreviation||Definition|
|<WYSIWYG>||<What You See Is What You Get>|
The implementation under
Tools - AutoCorrect Options consist in:
- a new tabpage named "
Localized Options" (target OOo 3.3)
- the language context-sensitiveness of this tabpage (target OOo 3.x)
Localized Options tabpage (OOo 3.3)
A new tab page ("
Tools - AutoCorrect Options - Localized Options") was needed to collect all AutoCorrect options which are language sensitive. Those Options are:
- NEW: "
Add non breaking space before specific punctuation marks in French text" introduced with Non Breaking Spaces Before Punctuation In French (espaces insécables) simultaneously to the current specification.
- MOVED/RENAMED: "
Format ordinal numbers suffixes (1st -> 1^st)": (formerly known as "
Replace 1st ... with 1^st ..." under "
Tools - AutoCorrect Options - Options".
This function still works for English only. It should be localized soon (See: Localized AutoCorrection of Ordinal Numbers (1st 2nd))
NOTE: The function has been renamed to but the example ("
1st -> 1^st") has been kept for a better understanding.
It is still hard coded as long as the final solution is not implemented. The example will then adapt depending of th language chosen as explained here.
- MOVED: The content of "
Tools - AutoCorrect Options - Custom Quotes" has moved to "
Tools - AutoCorrect Options - Localized
This tab page (1) contains:
- A TableViewListBox (2) which is the same control as existing on the "
Options" tab page.
This list contains the 2 list box groups:
Add non breaking space before specific punctuation marks in French text"
Format ordinal numbers suffixes"
- Those options are always visible in the list whatever which language is set.
- Two control groups (3 and 4) which have the same content as the tab page formerly known as "
Custom Quotes". Their controls layout is now vertical.
- Note: the control "
Double quotes - Replace" must be checked by default (see: issue 108361)
- Note: the control "
(1) Localized Options Tab Page
|Position:|| Previous tab page:
Next tab page:
Note: this control has no UI-Element specification template.
Other UI changes
Replace 1/2... with ½...
The former option "
Replace 1/2... with ½..." located under "
Tools - AutoCorrect Options - Options" has been removed and its entries added to the "Replace" tabpage.
Those entries are:
- 1/2 replaced with ½
- 1/4 replaced with ¼
- 3/4 replaced with ¾
Replace standard quotes with custom quotes
The former option "
Replace standard quotes with custom quotes" located under "
Tools - AutoCorrect Options - Options" was useless because it can be directly accessed in the "
Localized Options" tab page.
Accessibility is the responsibility of the I-Team, beginning with UX, DEV and QA, to ensure that the following requirements are fulfilled:
- Is the feature fully keyboard accessible?
(Ex: "I can go everywhere and use every function using the keyboard only"
- Have I specified visual alternatives for the case that the specified feature includes audio as output?
- Are text alternatives for all icons and graphics available?
- Don't provide important information in colors alone
(Ex: marking important information hard coded in red)
- Does the specified feature respect system settings for font, size, and color for all windows and user interface elements?
- Have I ensured that flash rates do not exceed 2 hertz for blinking text, objects, or other elements? In any case, try to avoid flashing UI elements
- Ensure that assistive technology (AT) (like ZoomText or Orca) is able to read everything.
<START TYPING HERE>
If you need help while designing, implementing or testing the accessibility of the UI, ask/visit:
- The accessibility check list at the OpenOffice.org Wiki
- firstname.lastname@example.org (The accessibility mailing lists, preferred)
- For specific implementation details, architecture: email@example.com (Malte Timmermann)
- For specific UX and testing questions: firstname.lastname@example.org (Éric Savary)
Doesn't apply here: the only changes are removed elements in the configuration.
<START TYPING HERE --- If this part is irrelevant state a reason for its absence.> Help
<State a bulleted list of issues Issue here>