Architecture/Visions/Service Component Architecture
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Service Component Architecture (SCA)
Applications designed with Service Component Architecture (SCA) should have the following properties:
- Decoupling of service implementation and of service assembly from the details of infrastructure capabilities.
- Ablility to work with multitude of programming languages
- Ability to work with various messaging constructs including One-Way, Asynchronous, Call-Return, and Notification.
- Infrastructure capabilities, such as Security, Transactions and the use of Reliable Messaging should be applied to code through metadata.
- Data should be represented in Service Data Objects.
- Components designed in SCA should be easily reused.
- Local calls to services should be more tightly coupled, reducing the overhead of creating and parsing messages intended for transport over a network.