Agile Experiment PDF-Import 2007
- 1 Scope
- 2 Schedule
- 3 Planning
- 4 Agile Methodology
- 5 Contact
- 6 Links
A group of OOo engineers tries out Agile Development methodologies at the example of implementing a PDF-Import for OOo.
This page works as an anchor to find information related to this project/experiment.
From 5.11.2007 until Xmas.
Daily Scrum: 13:40 - 13:55
- 8.11. - 19.11. (Thu.-Mon.)
- 20.11. - 3.12. (Tue.-Mon.)
- 4.12. - 17.12. (Tue.-Mon.)
1st Iteration Special Meetings
2nd Iteration Special Meetings
3rd Iteration Special Meetings
- (Link to the Product Backlog page for this project) -
Characteristics of User Stories
User stories shall be "INVESTed":
(Link to the Iteration Backlog pages)
- Lots of short, precise, useful information
German descriptions (as most team members are german, these may be useful)
Suggested Practices to Adopt
- Scrum roles (Product Owner, Team, Scrum master)
- Team that includes definition, code-writing and testing together
- Time Boxing
- Continuous testing
- Short, fixed-time iterations
- Daily (or more frequent) integration + builds
- "Scope" is variable <=> "time", "cost" and "quality" are fix.
- Regular reflection
Scrum "Smells": Hints that something goes wrong
- Loss of Rhythm - Sprints are not always the same length.
- Talking Chickens - Non team members talk at daily scrums.
- Missing Pigs - Not all (fully assigned) team members attend the daily scrum.
- Persistent Signatures - Progress charts in later iterations look as fluctuative as in the first iterations.
- ScrumMaster Assigns Work - In planning, the scrum master assigns work, instead of the developers signing up.
- The Daily Scrum is For the ScrumMaster - Daily scrums feel like reporting sessions to the scrum master.
- Specialized Job Roles - A project team has highly specialized job roles ("architect", "tester" etc.)
- Thorsten Behrens, thb AT openoffice DOT org
- akhva AT openoffice DOT org
- hi AT openoffice DOT org
- Matthias Müller-Prove as user experience engineer
Agile Methodology Facilitator
- Nikolai Pretzell