What is it for
Automated Profiling & Performance Regression (APPR) is a toolset for accelerating and automating performance profiling of OpenOffice, which intends to address following targets:
- Gather & correlate measurable data of interest
- Measure & track metrics across builds & workload variation
- Add new metrics as appropriate to work focus
A presentation about APPR on OOCon 2005 made by Dhananjay Keskar and Michael Leibowitz can be found here.
APPR provides following features for performance profiling of OpenOffice:
- Automation of OpenOffice usages
- Integration of 3rd-party performance profling utilities
- Data corelation and visualization
- Extensable framework to add support for new usages and/or 3rd-party utilities
How to use it
Detailed information about how to use APPR can be found in user guide document (./docs/APPR-User-Guide.odt) in the tarball.
Please follow this guide to enable APPR with Apache OpenOffice 3.4 on Ubuntu 11.04. Thanks!