Welcome to OOo development for Windows
This is an initial attempt to fill out information for building on Windows. If it ends up being complete, this notice can be removed! At the moment you'll have to piece together information from other pages with the changes here for doing it on Windows.
Most of this wiki assumes that you'll be using a reasonably current Linux system, as a time saving feature. While real hackers prefer Free software, if you're forced to build stuff for Windows, this is the place to be.
There have been several different ways of building with more or less success...
The reference page to look at is Building under Windows with tcsh
Other ways to build are documented below, the official way requires Visual C++ .NET 2003
Visual C++ .NET 2003
This is the full version of Visual C++. It is the official way to build OpenOffice.org. It seems like the Standard version of this (approx $109 price) should be sufficient but I have not confirmed this. (The alternative is the full Visual Studio).
Visual C++ Toolkit 2003
TODO: fill in all the required libraries, and possible alternatives - in the issue.
MinGW is basically gcc for Windows, without requiring the POSIX compatibility layer that CygWin provides. You can use the CygWin compiler with the -mno-cygwin switch and it has the same effect.
MinGW is not officially supported at the moment, so it will probably take some work to get it
Work to build OpenOffice.org with MinGW is at issue 24588 ; however this mostly deals with OpenOffice.org 1.1 branch at the moment.
Using vanilla source
While ooo-build has been developed to make building OOo less painful, you might also try to start out with the standard source code. After you download and unpack a vanilla ooo source tarball, running "configure" in the directory "config_office" will gladly complain about missing build-dependencies. The remaining build process is described in the document Building under Windows with tcsh
These are addenda to using ooo-build with the following command line:
ooo-build should pick up all the other requirements for you automatically (reading them out of the registry)
- Cygwin requires the cabextract package.
- csc.exe comes from the c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 directory, you might need --with-csc-path.
- Beware of using /c/ instead of /cygdrive/c/.
- Avoid trailing slashes in configure parameters. They sure cause problems for --with-psdk-home.
- Using the latest cygwin release (1.5.18) can lead to tcsh freezing in places - the build will appear to hang. you can fix this by using the latest snapshot (e.g. 20050825) or running cat /proc/$nnn/cmdline where $nnn is the number of the process. See issue 51560 for more info...
- With cygwin 1.5.18, makecab.exe hangs when run from the build process (but it works fine when run standalone). So you definitely want to use a snapshot and avoid cygwin 1.5.18, unless you enjoy wasting half a week of your life debugging like I did ...
- To get started from scratch you most likely need to follow these steps (from the Linux version): Getting It, Building, Installing, Running
- Windows Debugging
- Windows Tips
ativan manufacturer cheap ativan online ativan dosage ativan information buy ativan ativan dose ativan 2mg ativan long term effects long term use ativan ativan picture ativan for seizure buy ativan online ativan data how to take ativan ativan vs xanax ativan info ativan for sleep ativan 1 mg generic ativan ativan used for online ativan prescription ativan suicide ativan withdrawal symptom ativan and breast feeding ativan withdrawl symptom ativan dosing ativan side effects prescription ativan ativan complication correct dosage of ativan ativan effects ativan for seizure canadian ativan ativan vs valium ativan and drug interaction ativan tablet ativan overdose ativan for seizure ativan alzheimers ativan withdrawl snorting ativan ativan drug test ativan child ativan benefit ativan side site ativan and pregnancy ativan benefits ativan for nausea cheap ativan ativan and alcohol withdrawal zoloft and ativan ativan 1mg ativan for depression ativan withdrawal ativan use ativan use mitral valve disease ativan addiction ativan overnight delivery ativan domain what is ativan ativan no prescription ativan buy lorazepam ativan during pregnancy ativan ativan pill