Website/What's New/2008 Refresh
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
The changes to the OOo website as a part of the Website Refresh are listed below.
- Header logo is now controlled via CSS (was an <img> tag)
- Positioner style is controlled via CSS (was wrapped with an <em> tag)
- More id tags assigned to header elements so they can be overwritten if necessary
New Galaxy Icons
- Thanks to Stella Schulze for making some custom icons especially for the homepage
Improved Mouseovers for Action Statements
- Arrow graphics indicate whether action statement is expandable or just a link
Improved Download Button
- The new download button is much bigger
- The download action statement can now be closed after it has been opened
- Simpler, vertically flexible and proportional-width (24%) style for news items (the gull in the rounded box is used on all other pages utilizing the campaign div).
- Navigation tab states are more distinguishable
- The header is 15 pixels shorter
- Gradient background on #navcol headers (e.g. Project Tools, Search, How do I...) and #navcol sections (fade down to white, semi-transparent 2 gulls motif from the OOo logo at the bottom-right)
- All fonts default to sans-serif, letting the user choose the font they would like for the website (via the browser)
- a:hover and a:visited styles have been added
- A 2px white margin from the left side of NavColumn has been removed
- Page background set to white to override custom browser defaults
- Minor margin/padding adjustments in CSS to lists, headings, paragraphs, etc
- New graphics for download buttons - thanks to Stella for making these!
- New graphics for download / help us test OOo messages
- The OOo wiki skin was updated to resemble the main OOo website styles more closely
- 1 - OOo Homepage
- 2 - Language Projects
- 3 - Register if logged out, My Pages if logged in
- 4 - Log In if logged out, Log Out if logged in
- 5 - News
- 6 - Download
- 7 - Support
- 8 - Projects
- 9 - About
- alt attribute added to search field in NavColumn
Other Stylesheet Changes
- Minor rearrangements in style.css to group related styles more logically
- Print stylesheet was updated - text from the header is no longer visible
- Navigation styles separated into #navigation (for positioning) and .navigation (tab list styles). This allows NL projects to override the default navigation with absolute positioning (e.g. <div id="#navigation2" class="navigation">...) while reusing the default navigation styles.
- Homepage styles were moved from inline CSS to a stylesheet file (/branding/css/home.css)
- Caching - the OOo website appears to be displaying cached pages, even for authenticated users. This means that the header may display an incorrect login status - i.e. when you are logged in, it may incorrectly report that you are not logged in. Pressing CTRL + F5 (or forcing the browser to refresh the page) will get the header to display the current status, but this is an undesirable workaround to an issue that needs to be addressed. The problem seems to be minimized if you stay within a particular project/subdomain.
- Konqueror Display Bug - the borders for the header's username/password text fields show through, even though the log in form is not visible (i.e., 'Log In' has not been clicked). This appears to be a Konqueror bug.