Difference between revisions of "Renaissance:Status Meetings:2009-04-20"

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Categorizing)
Line 1: Line 1:
{{User Experience Community}}
<small>[[Renaissance:Status_Meetings|<< Back to Renaissance Status Minutes Page]]</small><br>
<small>[[Renaissance:Status_Meetings|<< Back to Renaissance Status Minutes Page]]</small><br>
'''Meeting Details'''
'''Meeting Details'''

Latest revision as of 22:53, 17 March 2010



Quick Navigation


<< Back to Renaissance Status Minutes Page
Meeting Details

  • 2009-04-20, 4:00 PM CET
  • IRC details: irc.freenode.net #ux.openoffice.org

In Attendance

  • Andreas Bartel (IRC: Andreas)
  • Martin Damboldt (IRC: mdamboldt)
  • Elizabeth Matthis (IRC: lizm)
  • Frank Loehmann (IRC: frankl)
  • Mathias Bauer(IRC: mba)

Agenda Items

  • Review of old action items
  • Round Table

Action Items

Date Description Owner Status
2009-01-19/4 Compatitive Analysis Frank Stalled

Comments on Action Items

- no update today

Round Table

- The prototyping phase of the Renaisance project starts. Link with instructions and guideline that should help to organize and focus on important parts http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Renaissance/Design_Proposals_for_%E2%80%9CAccessing_Functionality%E2%80%9D


== IRC Log ==
(16:01:12) mdamboldt: Hi
(16:02:07) Andreas: hi everyone
(16:02:38) frankloe: Hi
(16:03:16) lizm: howdy
(16:03:17) mdamboldt: There is one old action item on the list called "2009-01-19/4 || Compatitive Analysis || Frank".
(16:03:17) mdamboldt: Frank I remember you were on vacation. Do you have any updates on the AI?
(16:03:59) frankloe: No updates from my side due to vacation.
(16:04:35) mdamboldt: Ok, thats all for the review of old AI's. So we are at the round table.
(16:04:35) mdamboldt: Anything you want to raise today?
(16:05:05) frankloe: No.
(16:06:16) lizm: I can say that it was great having Christoph Noack here to visit and work
(16:06:26) Andreas: confirmed!
(16:07:00) Andreas: we actually echieved a lot and that is the only item I have to talk about today.
(16:07:26) Andreas: if there are no other items on the list Martin
(16:07:41) mdamboldt: Not directly a Renaissance Project, but related. I had a chat with Bjoern Michaelsen about the Usage Feedback Programm. Currently (OOo3.1) we don't gather any information related to the OnlineHelp of the product.
(16:08:05) lizm: oh that's  a shame
(16:08:05) Andreas: that is correct
(16:08:20) Andreas: not really
(16:08:26) mdamboldt: This is a topic I like to see going forward the next weeks/month since the OnlineHelp is a big part where we can get good informations related to Renaissance planning.
(16:08:27) lizm: Did the doku people ask for data collection
(16:08:34) mdamboldt: lizm: Yes, indeed.
(16:08:53) Andreas: I mean from a implementation perspective
(16:09:07) Andreas: what was the reason again, Martin?
(16:09:10) mdamboldt: There may be areas we might need to exclude, like the search field in the help. But the rest is still very usefull to measure.
(16:09:37) mdamboldt: The documentation team would really love to get that data.
(16:09:38) lizm: Looks like more work for the developers then :-) Gotta keep 'em typing, don't we. Give them more to implement. Keeps them happy ;-)
(16:10:08) mdamboldt: Thats all I've for todays meeting.
(16:10:38) Andreas: we have an announcement to make
(16:10:52) lizm: Oh yes, will you do it Andreas?
(16:11:10) Andreas: yes, right now :-)
(16:11:33) lizm: Oh it is soooo exciting.... drum roll pleas......
(16:11:47) Andreas: so we have it in here and you might distribute it over the mail lists
(16:12:24) lizm: "You" meaning everyone here or me in particular?
(16:12:24) Andreas: therefore, we officially start the prototyping phase today
(16:12:38) lizm: Yippee!
(16:13:11) Andreas: everyone on the whole planet is welcome to take part and make a change providing input for a future concept of a new UI for, initially, OpenOffice.org Impress
(16:13:43) Andreas: here is the link with instructions and guideline that should help to organize and focus on important parts
(16:13:46) Andreas: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Renaissance/Design_Proposals_for_“Accessing_Functionality”
(16:13:58) Andreas: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Renaissance/Design_Proposals_for_%E2%80%9CAccessing_Functionality%E2%80%9D
(16:14:08) Andreas: sorry for the first one
(16:14:53) lizm: Hey don't leave out aliens on other planets. I find that unwise. They can be so creative! All new ideas are welcome, right? ;-)
(16:14:58) Andreas: please have a look and tell everyone who might be interested
(16:15:59) lizm: Hey Andreas, are you going to announce this call for proposals on Gullfoss or do you want me to do it?
(16:16:12) Andreas: go ahead and do it
(16:16:55) Andreas: that is it for now. hence, go go go! start prototyping!
(16:17:51) mdamboldt: Ok, sounds thats all for todays meeting.
(16:18:06) lizm: OK! The page looks great. You and Christoph did a good job. The text is so nice, too, but I won't take too much credit for helping for that a wee bit. ;-) Bye!
(16:18:21) Andreas: bye bye!
(16:18:27) mdamboldt: bye
== IRC Log ==
Personal tools