Performance/Meetings/2010 03

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
< Performance‎ | Meetings
Revision as of 07:47, 5 July 2010 by Penny (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

Performance 170.png
Performance Project

Quick Navigation




About this template


Meeting Minutes
IRC Meeting of ORACLE with RedOffice
Performance Project

Date: 2010/03/26



Meeting Minutes
IRC Meeting of ORACLE with RedOffice
Performance Project

Date: 2010/03/12


<yujinliang>hi lihen ,i heard you sick do you feel better
<LiHeng>yes better, but still have a bit of fewer, thanks
<LiHeng>hi, cd_oo
<cd_oo> hi all
<LiHeng>cd_oo: Do you know when will OOo3.3 close?
<mhu>Hi all
<mhu>sorry for being late
<cd_oo> LiHeng: I am sorry but I have no idea.
<LiHeng>Hi mhu
<mhu>Hi LiHeng, what have I missed so far ?
<LiHeng>mhu: No, we are just beginning, I sent 2 mails to you, one for CWS of benchmark helper code and the other for new projects of UOML and UOF
<mhu>yes, I have received both, sorry for not yet responding ...
<mhu>I am still discussing with Dieter about your UOF/OUML email ...
<mhu>and I did not yet have time to look into the benchmark cws, hopefully next week.
<LiHeng>All is ok, and I hope benchmark and partly loading/saving can integrate into OOo
<mhu>Maybe a first comment on the UOF / UOML question: we think, either the existing Writer project (or xml project) could be a perfect host for the UOF undertaking. not sure whether it should be an independent project on its own. no good idea for UOML so far.
<mhu>but that is only our initial thinking
<mhu>we will respond via email, I think
<mhu>as to integrating code: yes, I hope it can integrate, too.
<LiHeng>Writer project is fine to UOF, and I think UOML can take into same project which process export PDF <mhu>okay, I will forward that idea to Dieter also.
<LiHeng>Okay, we are going to update status now :)
<LiHeng>My status, change my version control tools to hg...
<LiHeng>... and arrange partly loading into 4 tasks ,document for its design.
<LiHeng>mhu: Long time ago, we talked about new thread-model, Do you know what status it is?
<mhu>Well, not sure, at least the status has probably not changed since then :-)
<mhu>seriously ...
<mhu>I think it can be used, and should something not work as expected, Kay Ramme would probably be able to help and fix / finish missing parts.
<mhu>you could directly email, and CC me, and ask for status and specific questions
<LiHeng>Okay, you are so kind :)
<LiHeng>I think no more update today, close early?
<mhu>well, you're welcome, and I try to help where I can
<mhu>yes, I dont have more for today (hopefully more so next week)
<LiHeng>okay, that all today,
<mhu>okay, bye all then, have a nice weekend
<LiHeng>Bye all and nice weekend.
<yujinliang>bye all


Meeting Minutes
IRC Meeting of ORACLE with RedOffice
Performance Project

Date: 2010/03/05


<mhu>oh, and I thought that I am late :-)
<LiHeng>Hi, all.
<mhu>Hi LiHeng, kuangliang
<LiHeng>Sorry, I'm late.
<mhu>not much later than I was :-)
<LiHeng>Ok, today only kuangliang and I attend this meeting, because others was not in company.
<mhu>Okay; are they still on vacation (spring festival) ?
<mhu>I have no idea, where the Hamburg engineers are today, as I am still working from home now, not from the office <LiHeng>No, someone was sick,
<LiHeng>and others has meetings out of company.
<mhu>I wish all the best for health
<LiHeng>You know, the weather has not been well in china this year.
<LiHeng>-2c degree beijing now :(
<LiHeng>but this monday was 6C degree.
<mhu>yes, this morning we also have -2 deg here where I live (outside Hamburg)
<mhu>the winter also was cold for ~10 weeks in a row, happens very seldom
<LiHeng>liangjun is come back :)
<cd_oo>Sorry for being late.
<mhu>hi liangjun, cd_oo
<mhu>we are just chating
<LiHeng>hi cd_oo , liangjun
<LiHeng>let's update our status.
<cd_oo>Ok, I have nothing to report today. Still working on important internal tasks.
<liangjun>LiHeng: :)
<cd_oo>LiHeng:Hi LiHeng
<LiHeng>I return to work on partly saving feature on 3.2 based code. but I have a question, do I have to change my

source version control tools to 'hg'?
<mhu>well, going forward, you should surely consider to change to mercurial ...
<mhu>...I currently dont remember how difficult migration actually was...
<mhu>... I think, I migrated my personal work / cws via diff / patch ...
<LiHeng>ok, I will change it next week.
<mhu>... but I think, the wiki has some hints / advice how to best do that.
<mhu> keyword should be 'mercurial'
<LiHeng>Thanks, I think I can handle them.
<LiHeng>mhu: Is there some works of Benchmark helper code in tools? or we can put them into OOo?
<mhu>you mean, whether the code is *already* integrated into 'tools' module ?
<mhu>wasn't that yugq's cws that 'sb' was reviewing at some point in time? has it been integrated ?
<LiHeng>yugq has moved all code into tools, and submit into the cws
<mhu>yes, okay. Do you know the state of that cws ?
<LiHeng>I don't know now. :(
<mhu>okay, maybe we can find out. can you send the cws name (and whether cvs, svn or hg) on the mailing list ? then

someone here can have a look at it, maybe.
<LiHeng>I have sent a mail of this CWS last week, but now My computer is not here :)
<mhu>sorry, but I cant find a find of yours with a cws name ?
<LiHeng>I will resend it, next monday.
<LiHeng>That all for me
<mhu>yes, I dont have more for today, also.
<LiHeng>okay, that all today. :)
<mhu>bye all, have nice weekend
<cd_oo>bye all
<cd_oo>have a nice weekend
<liangjun>:) bye <LiHeng>bye all nice weekend

Go back

Personal tools