In a time that many students look out for good coding opportunities in the summer, the OpenOffice.org project is glad to be able to drive the following program.
Join the "OpenOffice.org Summer 2010 Internship"
- The "OpenOffice.org Summer 2010 Internship" will start on May 31 and will stop on October 31.
- It is organized to help students with their first (or second step..) in OpenOffice.org code
- Also the OpenOffice.org project expects some code for nice features contributed ;-)
How to apply
- Mail to one of the members of the supervisor team, or meet them at IRC
- They will help you to find a mentor in the OpenOffice.org project (or mentor you themselves)
- If not yet done: make up your mind about what you want to do in OpenOffice.org and discuss it with your mentor
- Then get a "go" for your proposal and make your code run!
The supervisor team is initially formed by Jürgen Schmidt, Mathias Bauer, or Svante Schubert (see domain developer). Developers acting as mentor, automatically become part of the team.
The tasks of this team are:
- Make sure that all students have a mentor
- Decide on which proposed projects are accepted
- Help to find solutions, in case of any problem
- Help the mentors to decide about the quality of finished projects, in case of any doubt
Terms & Conditions
- Eligible are (student-)developers who can work full-time for a period of about 3 months on a project;
- Intended participants need to contact the Supervisor team for being linked with a mentor and a project;
- Participants have to comply with the OpenOffice.org guidelines, including signing of the SCA. All is outlined on here, section "How to submit code to OpenOffice.org"
- For each successfully finished project an award of 4000 EUR is offered by the OpenOffice.org Project;
- Accepted projects and results will be listed on the wiki
- There will be a mid-term evaluations by mentors (supervisor or meeting);
- At the end of the project there will be final evaluations;
- Success of participant is determined by mentor plus formal compliance with rules;
- In case of doubt, the participant and the mentor contact the Supervisor team;
- Payments to the participant will be done immediately after the program.
In te category ToDo, on the OpenOffice.org wiki, you can find many possible project for completion during this OpenOffice.org Summer 2010 Internship! http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Category:To-Do
But of course you may propose one yourself, or ask developers at you favorite project's list.
~ OOo ~