Git is a popular version control system designed to handle very large projects with speed and efficiency. See http://git.or.cz/ for more info.
Git and OpenOffice.org
A functional git tree with the entire OOo history for testing purposes is here: http://go-oo.org/git. It is an imported CVS tree that was split into two parts:
- The sources themselves - ooo.git
- The 3rd party stuff (binary mozilla, zlib, berkeleydb, ...) - 3rdparty.git
The size of the sources is about 1.1G, the size of the 3rd party stuff is 740M. Please follow the instructions on http://go-oo.org/git to get the tree.
- Convert tabs to 4 spaces at the beginning of the lines in .c/.cxx/.h/.hxx/.mk
- Convert CollabNet account names into real names
- maybe use the data from DomainDeveloper (complete that where necessary) if there's no easy way to extract the names from CollabNet