Extensions repository/Creative Commons/Specification
Specification Creative Commons component (first rough version)
The component will create an entry "Creative Commons" in the file menu of Writer/Calc/Impress/Draw.
When the user chooses that entry, following things will happen:
- connect to creativecommons.org via provided API to get information about possible licensing.
- Create a dialog via UNO AWT, containing different license options, using radio buttons.
- If the user chooses "Creative Commons or "Sampling", get needed details from cc.org and offer to the user.
- In the end, cc.org should give you a link to the license which is to use.
- That link, and a cc.org image, has to be embedded into the current document
How to embedd the licensing information in the document
Insert the returned value of the dialog in the document:
- Writer: On current cursor position, cc image as hyper link, and a normal hyper link.
- Impress: Same like Writer, but on new page, appended after current one (or on current one if empty)
- Draw: To be determined, probably text object on top of page
- Calc: To be determined, probably in current cell
There should also be some custom property in the document to remember the fact that a license was added:
- how to add a property to an ODF document?
- use of ODF metadata? Does ODF already provides something for licensing information?
- If so, and if the user chooses the menu item again, a query box states that a license was already added, and asks the user if to continue reminding the user that changing the license must comply with the re-licensing table (I'll add the link once I get it)