From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
This page has FAQs about working with graphics, frames, and other objects in Writer.
How can I rotate a graphic with a given angle? =
Up to version 1.x, Writer doesn't contain a rotation facility for graphics. To be able to rotate graphics one needs to use Draw:
- In your Writer file, select the graphic you want to rotate and copy it.
- Open a Draw window and paste your graphic into the draw file.
- Righ-tclick onto the graphic, select "Position and Size"
- Select "Rotation" and rotate according to your needs.
- Select your graphic after it has been rotated and copy it.
- Go back to Writer and paste the rotated graphic into your file.