Community Council/Agenda

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Community Council

The Community Council members are your representatives



Ideas related to the community? Tell us!

Upcoming Meeting

Date: 2010-07-01 (Derived from the Community Council Meeting Calendar)

Time: 18.30 UTC (click on the link to show world clock times)

Location: IRC

Agenda and Work Status

The following table represents the agenda of the upcoming meeting and the current work status of topics / action items. Working with this table is described in the Community Council Meeting Guidelines.

Last Update
List of Action Items of previous meeting for approval
  • Meeting minutes of previous meeting at Minutes#2010-04-29
  • Result: Meeting minutes have been approved in the CC meeting.
Refresh Incubator and NLC Project processes
  • No new proposal available. Louis will work on that.
  • Next steps: Will be discussed in next meeting.
Publicize the open slot at the start of the CC meetings
  • proposal had been presented on March 30th and agreed on
  • Martin to prepare announcement on discuss before next meeting
Work with Clayton on estimates for Developing developers documentation
  • New proposal has been sent to the list by Jürgen (here). The basic idea is to provide bounties instead of contracting one writer.
  • For any proposal, the development budget may require an upgrade. Matthias, Stefan and Martin will provide a proposal (Cor will join, see 2010-03-04#5).
  • Juergen talked with Clayton and they will come up with some drafts for the first bounties and in relation to the drafts with a set of basic rules/guideline that are necessary to run such a bounty program (see mail on council-discuss).
  • Next steps:
    • Juergen will summarize some information on a wiki page.
    • Budget discussion will be continued in next CC meeting. It is assumed that there will be more information on how much will be provided for each work package.
  • No real update, simply because the lack of time
    • Clayton and i are working on a wiki page to present/describe the idea of bounties and to present the first 4-5 bounty ideas. I expect that we can publish it soon, currently we make slow progress because of vacation or general unavailability.
  • We have prepared the initial wiki page (still a draft) and have described the first two bounties. More bounties will coming soon ... We already have some more ideas but we want to talk with some people about it before we put it as a bounty in the wiki. Important at this point was to define the basic rules and conditions for the bounty program. If there are no complaints we plan to announce the bounty program next week.
  • The bounty program is up and running. Two projects are already assigned. We will review the program after 2-3 finished bounties to analyze and to improve the process and how it works in general.
  • AI is done!
Talk to Education Project Leads about structure and remit
John, Cor
  • Cor to prepare a draft and present it to the Community Council. Nothing done yet.
  • Next steps: Will be discussed in next meeting.
Talk to NLC about ‘NLC of the Month’ for OOo Newsletter
  • Inteview with the Irish team has been done. No further information available by his deputy (Leif).
  • Next steps: Charles has scheduled the next project to be interviewed (the Sinhala project). He would also like to discuss how to extend the media impact of these interviews.
Community situation
  • What do we see, where are we, what are we going to do about it.
2010-04-29#1 CC Election (Product Development Representative) Accepted Christoph 2010-07-01
  • In the election 2010-03, one of the three roles hasn't been confirmed. We'll re-do the whole election cycle for the "Product Development Representative".
  • Status:
    • Overview: See current state of the election 2010-06.
    • Current Phase: Voting
  • Question: There has been a comment by the community whether the voting period should be extended due to the holiday season. Result: Two weeks period will be kept, since it has been once already extended to two weeks because of that reason.
  • Next steps: Waiting for the voting to be finished (by time).

Missing OOo desktop presence

Christoph, Stefan 2010-06-30
  • Request by a community member to discuss / decide the following question: "Why should give away it's presence on the user's desktop - the main place to be recognized by the people - only to support the "application independency" of ODF? A Sun employee stated "The idea of supporting ODF as a application independent open standard is the priority." This leads / will lead to changes with regard to the document and application icon design. The current ODF "only" icons seem to be undesired by the community. Original request to the CC on ooo-discuss: initial mail (2010-04-14), full mail thread
  • Discussion:
    • 2010-04-29: Some members stated that the request should be "more actionable" and "better framed" to be decided by the community. Proposal has been made to forward the request to council-discuss to propose how to proceed.
    • 2010-05-02: Christoph forwarded the request to the CC mailing list. A first discussion took place.
    • 2010-05-20: Intensive discussion about the request and how to address it. Stefan and Christoph agreed to work out a request to the ODF Icons team to iterate on the design and/or processes. Maybe a "refreshed" team which may provide an agreed-upon proposal. Stefan stated that there shouldn't be any dependency to the next/other releases.
    • 2010-06-08: Some opinions have been requested by people who initially worked in the branding initiative. Either there isn't feedback yet, or the people aren't currently available to support the i-Team. Ongoing ...
    • 2010-06-30: Still ongoing ...
  • Next steps: Christoph will formulate a proposal to be discussed with Stefan. This will be presented to the CC on the CC discuss mailing list.
2010-05-20#1 Next Council Coordinator Finalized Christoph 2010-07-01
  • There is a need to elect a new Council Coordinator. Time seems to be up for Christoph according to the Council Wiki Page.
  • Status:
    • 2010-05-20: Due to time constraints, the item has been skipped in the CC meeting.
    • 2010-05-27: Christoph sent a request to the CC discuss mailing list. No reply yet...
    • 2010-07-01: Jürgen will take over. Thanks!
  • Next steps: Christoph will update the wiki to add Jürgen to the list.

Minutes of Previous Meetings

To be found here.

Personal tools