Documentation/How Tos/Calc: FLOOR function
Returns a number rounded down to a multiple of another number.
FLOOR(number; mult; mode)
- number is the number that is to be rounded down to a multiple of mult.
- If mode is zero or omitted, FLOOR rounds down to the multiple below (more negative than or equal to) number. If mode is non-zero, FLOOR rounds down towards zero. This difference is only relevant with negative numbers.
- Use mode=1 for compability if you have negative numbers and wish to export to MS Excel. In MS Excel this function only takes two arguments.
- returns 6, because 2*3 = 6 is the first multiple of 3 below 8.
- returns 6.
FLOOR( -11; -2)
- returns -12, rounding to the multiple below.
FLOOR( -11; -2; 0)
- returns -12.
FLOOR( -11; -2; 1)
- returns -10, because with mode=1 the function rounds towards zero.
In the forthcoming international ODFF standard, mult is an optional parameter. Calc currently returns an error if mult is omitted.