[09:01] * Now talking on #ooom12n
[09:01] < liutao > good morning kr
[09:01] < kr > good afternoon liutao
[09:02] * is_ (~is@nat/sun/x-kcqsxtkjiijfvhai) has joined #ooom12n
[09:02] < liutao > good morning ingo.:)
[09:02] < is_ > Good afternoon, Liutao, good morning Kay
[09:03] < kr > good morning ingo
[09:07] < liutao > maybe _ch_ can not join us?
[09:07] < is_ > kr: Have you also had vacation last Friday? There were not much working days since last Tuesday.
[09:08] < kr > is_: I did work on Friday, though not on Thursday :) ... and next Monday we have another public holiday :)
[09:12] < is_ > So I have nothing to report today. Any news from you?
[09:15] < kr > I am currently refining the mock-up and will send that around before cob, despite that I have nothing
[09:15] < kr > ... by the way, did anybody try out the latest Ubuntu?
[09:16] < liutao > yes,I tried it and it is fine.
[09:17] < liutao > I have a question about our task. How to push it? there are no process much long time.
[09:17] < kr > you are right ...
[09:18] < kr > I am not sure how to push it, we likely should define milestones - and need to stick to them
[09:18] < kr > defining them is more or less easy, the sticky part is tricky ;)
[09:20] < kr > may be the tasks need to be more concrete ?
[09:20] < liutao > After you change your mind, I have no idea about your new idea. the question is: if I can find or I have some time to do it , I don't know what should to do.
[09:22] < kr > the basic principles are still the same, it is just that I would prefer to be directly able to manipulate my source repositories / clones
[09:22] < kr > remember the mock up, there you see your clones ...
[09:23] < kr > for every clone you can work on the configuration by selecting the "configure" tab, you can update or push your repository from the "source" tab, and finally you can build the stuff in the "build" tab
[09:24] * _ch_ (~firstname.lastname@example.org) has joined #ooom12n
[09:24] < kr > I hope that is understandable from the users standpoint
[09:24] < kr > ch_: hi cynthia :)
[09:24] < _ch_ > hi, all , I am sorry for late . :(
[09:24] < is_ > Hi Cynthia :-)
[09:25] < _ch_ > good morning, kay and Ingo!
[09:25] < _ch_ > good afternoon, liutao.:)
[09:26] < liutao > So,that means the current version of code should give up and we should create a new UI and coding base on the new UI.right?
[09:26] < _ch_ > kr:last week, I have been grouped to aother department so I have not do much .
[09:26] < _ch_ > what have I missed? :)
[09:26] < kr > I think we can re-use parts of what we have done
[09:27] < kr > _ch_: we are discussing the "new" approach I broad up some weeks ago
[09:28] < is_ > I think, we wanted to use the existing BuildHelper as a Preparation Wizard, that can and must be started from the new GUI
[09:29] < kr > liutao: from the codes viewpoint, we still have the same functionality, we do need to know what is installed, what is needed etc.
[09:29] < liutao > Yes.I agree with you.
[09:30] < kr > is_: we need something for adding / creating new clones, and we may want to directly configure it while adding it
[09:33] < is_ > kr: So we started too early with the BuildHelper, without defining all requirements? Would be great, if we could integrate the existing code.
[09:34] < kr > is_: we should be able to do so
[09:35] < kr > we need a mock-up which is behavioral, so that one can feel how it would be if it was functional
[09:36] < kr > similar to what we already had with the first approach
[09:36] < liutao > you mean we will create a demo first?
[09:39] < kr > if it is ok for everybody, I do sketch some more static mock ups, and try to define the workflow, we than adapt our code accordingly, likely missing functionality in the first version ...
[09:40] < liutao > ok,I think it is a good idea
[09:40] < kr > after being satisfied with the workflow, we fill in the missing functionality
[09:40] < _ch_ > kr: that would be great!
[09:40] < is_ > yes, that sounds good. You have to present your ideas first :-)
[09:41] < kr > I know it is hard because of workload, but we actually need to define what want to achieve for every week, and we need to stick to these "tasks"
[09:42] < _ch_ > kr: completely agree . :)
[09:42] * liutao has quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[09:43] < kr > let's see if liutao can join again
[09:43] * liutao (~email@example.com) has joined #ooom12n
[09:43] < liutao > Oh,A crash bug in Gaim
[09:43] < kr > I am using the good ol' "xchat" :)
[09:44] < liutao > can you read me?
[09:44] < kr > liutao: yes, loud and clear :)
[09:44] < liutao > kr: I wish you can send me the chat log after the meeting.:)
[09:45] < kr > I am going to finish the simple mock-up stuff by end of the day
[09:45] < liutao > great
[09:45] < kr > liutao: I certainly can, though we just waited for you to join again
[09:46] < liutao > OK,Let's go on
[09:46] < kr > ok
[09:49] < kr > let's discuss the mock-ups and any technical implications by mail tomorrow
[09:49] < _ch_ > kr: alright. :)
[09:49] < is_ > kr: okay
[09:50] < liutao > OK
[09:50] < kr > anything else for now?
[09:50] < _ch_ > not at present.
[09:50] < is_ > not yet
[09:51] < kr > talk to you soon, bye for now :)
[09:51] < _ch_ > so I will waiting for mails tomorrow. :)
[09:51] < liutao > Bye.
[09:52] < is_ > good bye
[09:52] * is_ (~is@nat/sun/x-kcqsxtkjiijfvhai) has left #ooom12n ("Leaving")
[09:52] < _ch_ > bye. all. :)
[09:55] * liutao (~firstname.lastname@example.org) has left #ooom12n
[09:57] * _ch_ (~email@example.com) has left #ooom12n
[10:44] * liutao (~firstname.lastname@example.org) has joined #ooom12n
[12:23] * liutao has quit (Quit: Leaving.)