Choosing options that affect all of OOo
This section covers some of the settings that apply to all the components of OpenOffice.org. Other general options are discussed in Chapter 5 (Setting up OpenOffice.org) in the Getting Started guide.
- Click Tools > Options. The list on the left-hand side varies depending on which component of OOo is open. The illustrations in this chapter show the list as it appears when when OpenOffice.org Impress is open.
- Click the + sign to the left of OpenOffice.org on the left-hand side. A list of subsections drops down.
|The Back button has the same effect on all pages of the Options dialog. It resets the options to the values that were in place when you opened OpenOffice.org.|
User Data options
Impress uses the first and last name stored in the User Data page to fill in the Created and Modified fields in the document properties, and the optional Author field often used in the footer of a presentation, so you will want to ensure that your name appears there. To do this:
- In the Options dialog, click OpenOffice.org > User Data.
- Fill in the form on the OpenOffice.org – User Data page or delete any existing incorrect information.
Set the print options to suit your default printer and your most common printing method. You can change these settings at any time, either through this dialog or during the printing process (by clicking the Options button on the Print dialog).
In the Options dialog, click OpenOffice.org > Print.
See Chapter 10 (Printing, e-mailing, exporting, and saving slide shows) for more about the options on this page.
On the OpenOffice.org – Colors page, you can specify colors to use in OOo documents. You can select a color from a color table, edit an existing color, or define new colors. These colors will then be available in color selection palettes in all components of OOo. You can also define colors within Impress, but those colors will not be available to other components of OOo.
On the OpenOffice.org – Appearance page, you can specify which items are visible and the colors used to display various items.
- In the Options dialog, click OpenOffice.org > Appearance.
- The only choice specific to Impress (and Draw) is the color of the grid points. Scroll down in the page until you find Drawing / Presentation.
To change the default color for grid points, click the down-arrow by the color and select a new color from the pop-up box.
- If you wish to save your color changes as a color scheme, click Save, type a name in the Scheme box; then click OK.
|Content on this page is licensed under the Creative Common Attribution 3.0 license (CC-BY).|