Why is Java needed in Apache OpenOffice.org?
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Why is Java needed in Apache OpenOffice?
Java is necessary for use of the following in Apache OpenOffice:
- The built-in default database HSQLDB
- JDBC database drivers
- Many wizards, like the Autopilot/wizard form generators
- Using the XSLT, flat XML filters
- Using Java applets in OpenOffice.org
- Using Java-based languages in the scripting framework
- Java Application Interface (API) programs for 3rdparty modules
- All accessibility functions
- The Apache OpenOffice testtool and QaTestDev programs
- The Search function of the built in help.