12 April 2014: The OpenOffice Wiki is not, and never was, affected by the heartbleed bug. Users' passwords are safe and wiki users do not need take any actions.
How do I open Microsoft Office 2007 files?
How do I open Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010 files?
The files produced by Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010 are also called Office Open XML, OpenXML, OOXML, .docx, .docm, .xlsx, etc. (other extensions). OpenOffice.org 3.x can open these files, and save in a format such as .doc format.
If you experience imperfections with OOo 3.0 or are using an older version of OOo 2.x, you have several options to open the Microsoft Office files in OpenOffice.org, or you need to first convert the Microsoft Office documents to a compatible OpenOffice.org format like the rich text format (.rtf):
- Upgrade to the most updated OpenOffice.org version. It's free.
- Use an OpenOffice.org 2.x variant which includes the xmlfilter code: OxygenOffice Professional (review), Your Office Suite.
- Use NeoOffice, OpenOffice.org Novell Edition, or Ubuntu OpenOffice.org that are integrated with odf converter.
- Download odf-converter-integrator for any OpenOffice.org in Windows or any Linux.
- Use OdfConverter via the command line (good for automated conversions) in Windows or Linux.
- Use Zamzar (review) which converts documents online.
- Use Docx2rtf to convert the file to rtf format.
- Use Office 2007 or 2010 to convert the document.