From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Revision as of 12:29, 12 February 2009 by ClÃ©ment Pillias
This page describes the behavior of the Word Completion feature in Writer (sometime called auto-completion.)
How Does It Work?
To be completed…
Hard to discover conceptual model
- It might be hard to understand what words are accepted for the Word Completion List:
- The option setting the minimal length of the words is hard to find, and, consequently, the user might not understand that there is such a minimal length.
- When AutoSpellCheck is on, only words of the dictionary are allowed in the Word Completion List. Although it is explicitly told in the Help page about Word Completion, the user might be unaware of that behavior, and consequently be confused by the fact that some typed words do not appear in completion list. See Issue 29293 .
- The origin of default Word Completion List is unclear (dictionary?).
- In the Word Completion List, suggestions are presented in alphabetical order (what about languages such as Chinese that do not have alphabetical order?) rather than in frequency or recentness. Since Word Completion is a feature designed to assist the user in typing words, this design choice can seem illogical and thus, counter-intuitive. See Issue 9380 .