The Zen of OOo Wiki (Core Rules)
- Use categories
- use many wiki-links between your pages
- never redirect to the main-namespace from out of it
- keep drafts on your userpage
Standard Wiki Ruleset
- Be constructive! Think of the problem - and think of its solution!
- Think of the reader, too!
- Don't hesitate! Better write down something quickly than thinking too much and forgetting to write it down. Put drafts into your userspace (see below).
- Be open to (early or late) changes to your contribution; don't blame others, think of the best solution to the problem.
- If nobody contributes, maybe it's good; if myriads of people change your contribution, it might be better.
- The real measure of a page is the number of page accesses shown at the bottom. To get a higher number of accesses add relevant links to your content and add categories!
| Creating Pages
- When doing drafts, do those on your User-page. Use it as your sandbox. See for example User:B_michaelsen, esp. the staging area. You are not required to add tight categories and context links on your userpage.
- Think hard about the title of the page, its very important for search. Avoid Typos in the title!
- You should make the content easy to find.
- Embed your contribution into existing content.
- Link to your page from as many related pages as possible to provide the needed context and to prevent duplication.
| Deleting Pages
- To delete a page (because it is spam or outdated), replace its content with
| Links & URLs
- Always use Wiki-Links or InterWiki-Links when possible
- Don't use HTTP links, when Wiki-Links or InterWiki-Links are possible. HTTP links do not show up in "What links here" list for example, making pages orphans easily. InterWiki-Links are easy to update, if a Wiki changes its base-URL.
- Always add new pages a existing category
- This is very important to keep the wiki maintainable. Non-English content should always be sorted in the category of the language (or one of its subcategories). If you want to create a new category, you will need to add that to an existing category too (making it a subcategory).
- Use the available namespaces:
- Your bio should be on your userpage. You may redirect to it from the main-namespace.
- Categories should be described in the Category-namespace. You may redirect to those from the main-namespace.
- Use the Talk:-namespace to discuss pages and explain why you wrote something.
- Never redirect to the main-namespace from the category- or the user-namespace.