This is a good place to leave me a note. :-) --TJ 23:48, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
(This is to remind myself to fix the cache description, WIGATI.)--TJ 20:05, 26 September 2009 (UTC)
User Sancho doesn't discuss anything. In English, differences between pages: http://translate.google.ru/translate?hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/index.php%3Ftitle%3DRU%252Frules_and_information_policy%26diff%3D169023%26oldid%3D169013&prev=_t
Sancho does not discuss anything, but writes the rules that always repeat "forbidden", "you must or else the page you create will be deleted", "do not", "never" and so on. We change it to "it is recommended", "it is better", "page is going to be edited" and so on.
User Sancho doesn't reply neither in its personal discussion page, nor in the the article's talk and ignores all messages.
What shall we do in this case?
- Just what you did do: bring the matter to the attention of a sysop (administrator). Edit warring is a serious offense, and may lead to blocks. I will be posting a lecture on Sancho's Talk page. Meanwhile, please follow one simple rule: do not undo anyone's edits but your own, without discussing the matter on the associated Talk page. --TJ (Talk | Contribs) 22:01, 22 May 2010 (UTC)
Here are more articles Sancho refusing to discuss (so far):
- http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Talk:RU/Documentation/FAQ/General --Fyva 05:34, 23 May 2010 (UTC)
thanks from elcico
Dear TJ thank you for your welcome and for your suggestion. I've changed my mail address, now it should be ok! Thanks again! elcico :)
P.S. Hope this is the right place to reply... just delete after you read! :)
- You're quite welcome. Why ever should I delete a nice thank-you note? --TJ (Talk | Contribs) 22:34, 2 June 2010 (UTC)
Keyboard shortcuts, special characters
Hi TJ, While tripping through the FAQs in search of anyplace I can help, I have found your useful answer (FAQ-Writer-Formatting Text) about how to insert special characters using macros to create keyboard shortcuts. As an alternative, I thought of adding the Windows shortcuts such as I use in Word at work to create a pounds sterling sign (i.e. Alt+0163), but I can't get those combinations to work in Writer. I'm on my laptop at home and am not sure if the Alt-key alternative just does not work in OpenOffice, or if the phenomenon is due to my using a laptop keyboard without the extra number keypad. In the hopes that no question is a dumb question... I ask... do the Alt-key combinations for special characters work in OOo?
- Hi, Lisa, Yes; with my keyboard (with full numeric keypad) they work fine. I use Alt+0151 for em-dash regularly. There may be a num-lock or Fn special key that you need to simulate the numeric keypad; check your laptop's documentation. --TJ (Talk | Contribs) 16:34, 29 June 2010 (UTC)
Re: Editing templates
Sorry about the inconvenience. I rarely edit templates on Wikis, being mindful that such edits can have far-reaching effects. FYI, I didn't notice any slowdown: This Wiki has far fewer articles and users than the English Wikipedia. — User8192T @ 17:46, 1 September 2011 (UTC)
Do you know another solution?
Thanks Adailton 13:04, 11 January 2012 (UTC)
- right, then it stay uncategorized. Adailton 13:58, 12 January 2012 (UTC)
Documentation/FAQ/General/What are the differences between StarOffice (old versions) and OpenOffice.org? deleted, obsolete FAQ - replaced by a newer version of same information? should be a fusion of historical record of keeping the original creator of the page. what is the new version? and Documentation/FAQ/General/QA 0002? Thanks Adailton 13:43, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
- Nice catch. Found the replacement page and fixed the redirect accordingly. --TJ (Talk | Contribs) 16:48, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
User pages in category:Marketing: User:Blibrestez55/Books/Database, User:Joekidd/OpenOffice.org/Internship/PDFImport/Tasks/Allow import of only selected pagesn, User:Joekidd/OpenOffice.org/Internship/PDFImport/Tasks/Improving char spaces, User:Joekidd/OpenOffice.org/Internship/PDFImport/Tasks/Improving rotated text, User:Joekidd/OpenOffice.org/Internship/PDFImport/Tasks/Introduction, User:Joekidd/OpenOffice.org/Internship/PDFImport/Tasks/Issue105133, User:Joekidd/OpenOffice.org/Internship/PDFImport/Tasks/Issue109708, User:Joekidd/OpenOffice.org/Internship/PDFImport/Tasks/Issue90633, User:Joekidd/OpenOffice.org/Internship/PDFImport/Tasks/Issue92919, User:Joekidd/OpenOffice.org/Internship/PDFImport/Tasks/Misplaced paragraphs, User:Joekidd/OpenOffice.org/Internship/PDFImport/Tasks/Moving Proper paragraphs GlyphProcessor, OpenOffice.org Internship/Tasks/Proper paragraphs, User:Joekidd/OpenOffice.org/Internship/PDFImport/Tasks/Testing proper paragraphs, User:Khirano/Solutions, User:RealGrouchy, User:Wyrfel.
It seems inappropriate to have categorized users pages, so I ask whether they should be uncategorizaded or moved to the main domain? (I'm sorry but I do not quite understand the English Language, so I use a translator). Adailton 13:43, 16 January 2012 (UTC)
- English: "de-categorized" (= "have the category reference removed") is not a valid English word, either, but it is readily understandable.
- Appropriateness: Since the users themselves added their pages to the category, I'm in favor of leaving them there. If somebody associated with marketing complains, we can make changes then. --TJ (Talk | Contribs) 02:24, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
Candidates for speedy deletion
Please, see Category:Candidates for speedy deletion.
Thanks Adailton 11:20, 27 January 2012 (UTC)
- Removed most of the pure spam. Remaining candidates are mostly technical, and can be removed more slowly.
- Thanks for the good work. If you are an Apache committer (or at least have an iCLA on file), I will enable you as a sysop ("Administrator group"). That would let you delete directly, and block spammers as well (very carefully!). --TJ (Talk | Contribs) 14:32, 27 January 2012 (UTC)
I made a change in delete in order to include a justification for the deletion. Please see if it was good.
Thanks Adailton 14:38, 26 February 2012 (UTC)
- Delete: Looks good to me, if it works for you.
- File Categories: AFAIK, the files should be categorized according to the pages that link to them (plus descriptive categories, like "Icon"). This could be a non-trivial task; if a file is linked from pages in different categories, it may be desirable to climb the category tree to find the intersection, and categorize the file there.
- Your help is much appreciated. I know much of templates, but only a little about categories. --TJ (Talk | Contribs) 15:52, 26 February 2012 (UTC)
- I think the categorization according to the pages that use is practical, but we can also categorize your files by grouping them by theme (icons, applications, screens, menu items, examples, etc.), without excluding one another. There are also PDF documents, which could be a category, but I will not create them if you think it should be done well. Adailton 21:07, 26 February 2012 (UTC)
Hello. I recently started to built some pages for brazilian community start to work and I'd like to contribute in the wiki maintenance also. I've created Category:Outdated to mark all old content pages that need to be revised. I have a lot of suggestions to offer in order to make this wiki more affordable, but I am affraid to make changes without people's agreement. I do not wish to upset anyone so, please, if there is a wiki coordinator/administrator (or something like that), let me know. I don't wish to work against but with you. =)