American Library Association national conference
Location: Washington, DC Date: June 24-29, 2010
~20,000 attendees 01/14/09 - According to organizers and based on the last couple events, last year, they expect attendance between 21,000 and 23,000.
How many folks do we really need?
If we have a core confirmed group and a larger 'might' group can this core group be smaller then our 'need' estimate above?
How much would OO.o need to subsidize and/or how much could they?
Those that will commit to be there
Committed to attend, with housing arrangements fnalized (understood) and availabe dates/times confirmed.
Booth - Content - Material
10 X 10 booth vs Press table ( Need decision )
01/14/10 Spoke with Richard Widick (ALA expo organizer).
- The final registration date 1/29 can be flexible.
- First round of booth assignments will happen this week.
- Technology pavilion on floor should have good booths left. (He will email as soon as the updated floor map is available.) Good here means closest to the Assitive Technology pavilion - other words, not in the corner.
- Running a wifi network in the booth for electronic distribution of product and services to attendees is allowable.
- We may not offer gateway to outside services (no internet access)
- Broadcast network name: OpenOffice.org-ALA-2010
Andy Brown has offered to supply OO.o CD's for distribution.
WorldLabel.com has offered office supplies (paper/lables) for complimentary distribution.
(spread sheet here...but till)
Press table = $800
Booth = $2,025