UCV Disaster Recovery Plan
I would think there are two main categories here:
Where are we going to store the backup files?
- A storage space, inention being that the files would be used to restore another server at Hamburg, so no plan exists to host the site, if needed for a period of time, at the backup site.
:Drew 01:20, 11 September 2007 (CEST) Could be any one of the servers offered for use here, could be disk space on another computer in SUN or anywhere else.
- A BR site, the server is capable of hosting the site for a period time.
:Drew 01:20, 11 September 2007 (CEST)For example if we followed up with United Layer and they would supply a DR, perhaps / DEV services.
Steps taken together with and in support of hosting providers network support staff
- backup run by Sun staff, files transfered by UCV utility.
- other active content
- backup run by Sun staff, files transfered by UCV utility. UCV would be able to run some small services on a regular basis. ie vcs, minimal site presence capability
Steps taken directly by UCV site Administrators
- Develop scripts / procedures to maintain a copy of the backup files sufficient to fully restore the site'.
Maintain Platform backup
:Create / apply backup scripts for all AMP files with mods, forum package, addon mods, site mod customizations, version control system. This is the full set of installable applications used to provide the services, exclusive of OS supplied application, and any modifications made for this site.
This can be a combination of a baseline backup of the amp files and the backup of the version control system.