U.s.oo.o/Planning/Site/Change Control Board
The user.services.openoffice.org site is expected to evolve over time in order to meet its stated goals. This requires some process be in place to define, plan and implement these changes.
- 1 The Change Control Board shall consist of the following individuals
- 2 Functions of the Change Control Board
- 3 Steps to propose a new feature / service
- 4 How the Change Control Board reporting requirement
- 5 Meeting schedule for the Change Control Board
The Change Control Board shall consist of the following individuals
- All = Site Administrators
- All - Service Administrators
- All - Content Managers
- 1 - Moderators
- All Projects Managers
- All - Ombudsman ( NON-Voting member )
Functions of the Change Control Board
Review requests for new features / services
- Would the requested change have a broad usage with members
- Is the request specific for a group of users
- define the group
- Does the request fit with the goal of the project overall
Determine requirements for implementing accepted change requests
- Could this request be handled by a simple change in configuration of the current software?
- Could it be handles with minor modifications to a module in the current software?
- Is there a third party module available for the current software that meets, or can be easily made to meet the request?
- Does the request require a new support package to the AMP platform?
- Does the request require new volunteer(s) to manage it's content upon completion?
Coordinate the implementation of accepted requests
Steps to propose a new feature / service
- Member initiated
- Via a conversation on the forum
- PM or email to any board administrator or moderator or ombudsman
- Sending email to a designated address. ie. email@example.com ??? How will we handle this ???
- Change Control Board initiated
- Any member of the change control board can propose a new feature / service or change in current service.
How the Change Control Board reporting requirement
The change control board shall maintain a wiki page reporting on it's activities.
Meeting schedule for the Change Control Board
The change control board will meed only as needed. These meeting to be held in a fashion TBD.