Initial thought from ccornell at forum
- The OOo user community is building (creating, establishing?) a new OOo User forum that will be hosted at user.services.openoffice.org (is it a good thing to mention the awkward domain name?)
- The new OpenOffice.org forum will be the first part of of a new user community that will continue to grow as new user services are added (eg user blogs, user dashboard etc.)
- The new forum is being built and run by the user community for the user community
--Ccornell 10:11, 14 September 2007 (CEST) borrowed one of the comments from nonathon (with some edits)...
Volunteers are working on setting up the site and instituting a charter of management. Those who have volunteered will be invited to act as founding subscribers and will be mentioned in a roll of honour on the site. The address for those who wish to check on progress is user.services.openoffice.org .
more brainstorming (pulling on nonathon's and other comments in the forum).....
The OpenOffice.org user community is proud to announce that they are establishing a new OpenOffice.org User forum.
- The new forum is hosted by Sun and can be found at http://user.services.openoffice.org.
- The forum will be run by the OpenOffice.org community through community representatives and volunteers.
- Volunteers from the OpenOffice.org community are very busy setting up the forum and developing a charter of management.
- More volunteers are needed now, and in the near future to help build momentum in this new forum.
- Since we seem to be treating this as a forum topic I put my comment here rather than on the discussion. Not sure that "proud to announce" is right here. We aren;t the farther of a new baby :-) -- TerryE 01:39, 15 September 2007 (CEST)
--- Here is an eye opener I think
User Community Volunteers ( OUCV ), a charteed group of OpenOfrice.org users and supports, announces initial hosting agreement.
In order to carry out its mission the OUCV has entered into hosting arrangements with Sun Microsystems, Hamburg Germany.
- OUCV first project is an OO.o User - to - User support forum at http://user.services.openoffice.org.
- The forum will be developed and maintained by OUCV volunteers.
- The OUCV also announces it is in final stage discussion with a major US hositng provider for a second site, to offer additional services to the OO.o user community.
- The OUVC is actively seeking volunteers now, and in the near future to help build the finest User support services in the FOSS world!
Drew 02:47, 16 September 2007 (CEST)