- how do you set a value in an array?
- can arrays be appended to other arrays?
- can an item be inserted into an array?
- can an array be indexed with strings or other values?
(copied from the bottom of the Article page. Please post all discussions and comments to the Discussion page.) --Ccornell 14:34, 20 June 2008 (CEST)
The example for multi-dimensional is awful, because the number for each dimension is the same 5.
Here's what it currently says.
- In addition to single dimensional data fields, Apache OpenOffice Basic also supports work with multi-dimensional data fields. The corresponding dimensions are separated from one another by commas. The example
Dim MyIntArray(5, 5) As Integer
- defines an integer array with two dimensions, each with 6 indexes (can be addressed through the indexes 0 to 5). The entire array can record a total of 6 x 6 = 36 integer values.
- You can define hundreds of dimensions in Apache OpenOffice Basic Arrays; however, the amount of available memory limits the number of dimensions you can have.
Shouldn't how to store and access entries in these also be described? --Ashawley 01:43, 27 February 2009 (UTC)