The project is unofficially founded on 15 September 2002 when the idea was born between Bogdan Kecman, Dušan Đorđević and Sloba Marković to organize an OpenOffice.org 1.0.1 localization marathon event.
- Announcement: http://www.internodium.org/comment/reply/1744
- Report: http://tesla.rcub.bg.ac.rs/~blueser/
- News reports:
- Event photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=6613&id=111420772227281
- Event video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f5T-x9mC_0
Official proposal for Serbian native language project was made on 14 Oct 2003 by Branko Tanović: http://markmail.org/message/cphm56er743z4psn
In Summer 2005 Serbian Novell partner decided to improve OpenOffice.org localization and provide localized OpenOffice.org 2.0 release, reusing previous efforts on 1.x localizations. The project was completed successfully, lead by Danilo Šegan .
In January 2008 Serbian Government decided to support community localization effort of OpenOffice.org through a three years long project funded by the Ministry of Telecommunications and Information Society of Republic of Serbia awarded to Faculty of Mathematics in Belgrade, lead by professor Duško Vitas. Serbian OpenOffice.org community, lead by Goran Rakić, continued to work with the Faculty of Mathematics to provide excelent support for Serbian language inside OpenOffice.org releases 2.4 onwards.
- RS: OpenOffice 3 localised to Serbian
- Localization under a government umbrella
- OpenOffice localized to Serbian
- New release of OpenOffice.org software