Founded on 15 September 2002 when idea was born between Bogdan Kecman, Dušan Đorđević and Sloba Marković to organize OpenOffice.org 1.0.1 localization marathon event.
- Announcement: http://www.internodium.org/comment/reply/1744
- Report: http://tesla.rcub.bg.ac.rs/~blueser/
- News reports:
- Event photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=6613&id=111420772227281
- Event video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f5T-x9mC_0
Official proposal of native language project was made on 14 Oct 2003 by Branko Tanović: http://markmail.org/message/cphm56er743z4psn
In January 2008 Serbian Government decided to community localization effort of OpenOffice.org through a three years long project funded by the Ministry of Telecommunications and Information Society of Republic of Serbia awarded to Faculty of Mathematics in Belgrade lead by professor Duško Vitas.
OpenOffice.org community, lead by Goran Rakić, continued to work with the Faculty of Mathematics to provide excelent support for Serbian language inside OpenOffice.org releases 2.4 onwards.
- RS: OpenOffice 3 localised to Serbian
- Localization under a government umbrella
- OpenOffice localized to Serbian
- New release of OpenOffice.org software