Sidebar Proposal by IBM
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Revision as of 08:07, 26 August 2009 by Maliinchina
|Please do not edit this page unless you are the original author. Your feedback and comments are welcome in the Comments section below or on the email@example.com mailing list.|
Design Proposal -- Sidebar -- By IBM
|We propose a sidebar way to organize the commands/UI entries on OpenOffice.org UI.
Sidebar and Properties Sidebar
- The panels can be docked to the side of editing area.
- Users can switch between the panels by the tab beside the panels.
The properties panel on sidebar
- We use Properties panel to put most of frequently used properties.
- There are some sub-panles on preperties panel. E.g. Text, Paragraph, Table, Area, Line, Graphic, Cell Appearance, Number Format, Master Page, Page Layout, Template, etc...
- The properties panel will show different sub-panels for different context. E.g. When users are editing texts, the sub-panels like Text and Paragraph will be shown. When users focus on a slide, the sub-panels of Slide Layout, Template, and Master Page will be shown there.
So in most contexts, users don't need to switch between panels manually. They can get them on Properties Sidebar dirctly