Sidebar Proposal by IBM
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Revision as of 07:48, 26 August 2009 by Maliinchina
|Please do not edit this page unless you are the original author. Your feedback and comments are welcome in the Comments section below or on the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list.|
Design Proposal -- Sidebar -- By IBM
|We propose a sidebar way to organize the commands/UI entries on OpenOffice.org UI.
- The panels can be docked to the side of editing area.
- Users can switch between the panels by the tab beside the panels.
- We use Properties panel to put most of frequently used properties.
The properties panel on sidebar
- There are some sub-panles on preperties panel. E.g. Text, Paragraph, Table, Area, Line, Graphic, Cell Appearance, Number Format, Master Page, Page Layout, Template, etc...
- The properties panel will show different sub-panels for different context. E.g. When users are editing texts, the sub-panels like Text and Paragraph will be shown. When users focus on a slide, the sub-panels of Slide Layout, Template, and Master Page will be shown there.
- So in most contexts, users don't need to switch between panels manually.