SUN Report Builder/Documentation
Sun Report Builder
You can find the Sun Report Builder here.
A function can be created when opening the report navigator. In the context menu on the functions entry you can create one function.
This function can either be in the global context of the report itself or in any group.
- compute the sum of a field
- In the name field enter the name of the functions. E.g. PopulationCount
- Enter the function. E.g. [PopulationCount] + [Population] Where Population is a column of the table.
- Enter the inital value. E.g. [Population]
- Insert a new formatted field and select the [PopulationCount] on the data tab.
Computed fields can be created in that way that the formula is entered directly into the data field.
E.g. 100*[Population]/[PopulationCount] to get the percentage of the current population
- quote for [ is \
-  as reference for formula or field name
- "" to quote strings
- . as decimal separator
- date as in java specific
- parameter separator is ; (semicolon) and it is allowed to let some parameters empty inside a call like XYZ(;kk;;kkb)
Generally all functions which are defined in the OpenFormula should be supported. But this is currently still ongoing work and may change after each release of the Sun Report Builder.