A new official name exists: SUN Report Builder. See issue 78437
News about the report designer can be found on GullFOSS.
Install sets for this CWS can be found here. If there's multiple installation sets, please use the one with the highest version number, else chances are high you get a heavily outdated version.
- download the OOo 2.3 install set for your platform (at the moment only windows and linux is available)
- [optional] adjust the UserInstallation path in the program/bootstraprc or program/bootstrap.ini file
- start the office and open the extension manager (TOOLS/EXTENSION MANAGER)
- add the report designer extension
- open any database
- use 'Create Report in DesignView ..' from the Report panel
=> the SUN Report Designer should appear
Taskhandling inside this CWS
Before writing a new Issue, please check if it not already exists: RPT Double Check
New Issue should contain:
- summary should start with 'RPT: '
- set keyword 'new_implementation'
- default prio (prio 3)
- default owner: OJ
- no target (this is the default for new issues, so don't care for the moment)
- "Version" should be the version you're testing, the most recent version is "RPT 0.5.0.20070627"
If a task inside this cws has the target "2.3" it's a showstopper. Without a fix for this issue we can't release a final version. All issue with this target should fixed until 5.July 2007. (Feature Freeze)
A target "2.x" means that this issue should be fixed for the final release. However we can live with the issue for a first final release. This issue should then be fixed inthe first update.
Target "not determined" meas that this is an issue which should be fixed in the near future.
If an issue has no target "---" then the report designer i-Team has not yet decide what to do with this issue.
Further Info list for testable features: Feature Freeze Testing 2.3