Renaissance:Status Meetings:2009-09-28

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Quick Navigation


<< Back to Renaissance Status Minutes Page
Meeting Details

  • 2009-09-28, 4:00 PM CET
  • IRC details:

In Attendance

  • Martin Damboldt (IRC: mdamboldt)
  • Frank Loehmann (IRC: frankl)
  • Andreas Bartel (IRC: Andreas_sun)
  • Christoph Lukasiak (IRC: clu_sun)
  • Elizabteh Matthis (IRC: lizm)
  • phaoUNTOtom
  • mprove
  • linuxtogo
  • camillem


  • FAQ blog
  • User Feedback Program
  • Round Table

Action Items

  • Deinstallation survey

Comments on Action Items

  • Deinstalltion survey: Done, German text will be checked by FL.

Round Table

  • N/A


<FrankL> Hi
<lizm> hello
* phaoUNTOtom (n=phaoUNTO@ hat betreten
<FrankL> It is Renaissance time again :-)
<lizm> oh yes. again and again.
<FrankL> Agenda for today: Renaissance FAQ, User Feedback Program, next steps and round table.
<lizm> Oh yes, I saw the blog spot from Christoph Noack on the FAQ
<lizm> I couldn't watch the video yet because my connection is too slow right now, but I will watch it later tonight.
<lizm> For those who missed it
<FrankL> Christoph Noack, OOo UX Project Co-Lead has blogged about status of Project Renaissance and the FAQ Video with Andreas and Florian.
<lizm> Yes, Florian, OOo marketing co-lead  was in Hamburg where the video was done.
<FrankL> BTW Our UX planet seems to be broken, because his post is not visible on that channel. Does anybody know about problems with our Planet?
* linuxtogo ( hat betreten
<lizm> I saw that the dates are mixed up again. Stuff from July is appearing dated today. Crazy stuff again
<lizm> Does anyone remember what had to be done to fix this error last time?
<FrankL> Tags have been set or something like that.
<FrankL> Maybe Chrsitoph should change a minor thing to get on top of the planet again.
<lizm> OK, we can ask him
<lizm> will you write him or should I?
<FrankL> No possibility to revert things on this stupid planet.
<FrankL> Please write him. Thanks!
<FrankL> Maybe it is because someone posted a comment. That would be very bad, because we get at least the daily comment by Thommy ;-)
<FrankL> I will update the public data of the User Feedback Program ASAP. Currently I have some problems with the caching within our internal tooling for this data. So every query takes a lot of time. I am in contact with our DB Administrator to fix this problem. Hope to have the data until Wednesday.
<lizm> OK, I'll write CN
<FrankL> Based on that data I will run some analysis about toolbars and other important areas.
* phaoUNTOtom came across a user's post over on the forum that speaks conceptually about the use and placement of toolbars in OO.o.
<phaoUNTOtom> Should I wait until the rount table discussion or now to bring the details to this group?
<FrankL> We do not talk about form of toolbars yet. It is just about what are the most important areas.
<phaoUNTOtom> OK
<FrankL> I will do some previous and next function analysis i.e. 'undo'. This will show us what functions will be reverted the most. Had a quick look on that data and this seems to be a good point to start with to find areas were users are lost.
<FrankL> Roundtable
<FrankL> Any questions?
<lizm> no
<FrankL> The deinstallation survey is ready. German text needs to be checked. I will do this when I am able to access the survey in LimeSurvey. We had problem to set the required survey rights. Survey will start with 3.2 beta
<FrankL> I am done for today.
<FrankL> Bye Frank.
<lizm> bye
Personal tools