Renaissance:Status Meetings:2009-03-30

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Revision as of 10:38, 6 April 2009 by Md (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

<< Back to Renaissance Status Minutes Page
Meeting Details


  • 2009-03-30, 4:00 PM CET
  • IRC details:

In Attendance

  • Andreas Bartel (IRC: Andreas_)
  • Martin Damboldt (IRC: mdamboldt)
  • Christoph Lukasiak (IRC: clu_sun)
  • Elizabeth Matthis (IRC: lizm)
  • (IRC: ApOgEE-)
  • Christian Jansen (IRC: chris-j)
  • Thomas Thym (IRC: ungethym)
  • (IRC: Vince42)
  • (IRC: danielbw)
  • Frank Loehmann (IRC: frankl)
  • (IRC: danielbw)
  • Matthias Mueller Prove (IRC: mprove)
  • Wilfried Goesgens (IRC: dothebart)
  • Matthias Bauer (IRC: )
  • (IRC: phaoUNTOtom)
  • (IRC: simosx)
  • (IRC: Vince42)


  • Review of old action items
  • Round Table

Action Items

Date Description Owner Status
2009-01-19/4 Compatitive Analysis Frank Open

Comments on Action Items

  • 2009-01-19/4: Will be shifted to a later point in time.

Round Table

  • Proposal from Chrstoph Noack circulated on mailing list: Idea Collection to Replace the "Menus and Toolbars"

Some related issued are in the last status presentation

  • Liz: Will participate OPENEXPO in Bern this Wednesday and Thursday.


== IRC Log ==
(16:01:14) Andreas__: hi guyes
(16:01:25) phaoUNTOtom: Hello
(16:01:28) Andreas__: martin, are you ready?
(16:01:40) mdamboldt: Hi!
(16:02:02) Andreas__: hi
(16:02:40) mdamboldt: Let's start with the last remaining AI where Frank is the owner.
(16:02:40) mdamboldt: Andreas__: Wasn't Frank comming back today?
(16:03:01) Andreas__: he's in a meeting but I guess he'll be here soon
(16:03:14) Andreas__: maybe we can prospone his AIs to the end
(16:03:53) mdamboldt: Ok, so we are at the round table already. Anything people want to raise in todays meeting?
(16:04:04) Andreas__: Frank is here
(16:04:27) frankl [n=fl93699@nat/sun/x-6524ac0a15a676a2] hat den Raum betreten.
(16:04:27) Modus (+o frankl ) von ChanServ
(16:04:55) mdamboldt: frankl: You have an old action item called 2009-01-19/4  Compatitive Analysis, any update on this?
(16:05:14) frankl: Still stalled.
(16:06:15) sts_ [] hat den Raum betreten.
(16:06:24) mdamboldt: frankl: Will it get in progres again during this week are will it be shifted to a later point in time?
(16:06:42) sts_ hat den Raum verlassen (quit: Client Quit).
(16:07:34) mba [n=mba@nat/sun/x-e4f8ca0ab7a06c3a] hat den Raum betreten.
(16:08:14) frankl: Yes, it will get in progress at a later point in time.
(16:08:54) mdamboldt: Ok. Another item. On the mailing list Chrstoph Noack circulated a Proposal: Idea Collection to Replace the "Menus and Toolbars"
(16:09:35) Andreas__: yes, this is what we currently have in the pipeline
(16:09:50) mdamboldt: Anything related to this you want to add here (again)?
(16:09:58) Andreas__: there are a few things that we need to clarify first before announcing the kick-off
(16:10:18) Andreas__: by the way, some related issued are in the last status presentation
(16:10:25) Andreas__: here is the link to the wiki
(16:10:27) Andreas__:
(16:10:59) Andreas__: so overall, we can say that we're in the middle of the transition phase from research to prototyping
(16:11:37) Andreas__: you can find a short summary in the last status presentation
(16:12:32) Andreas__: i guess that we'll clean up the wiki this week to prepare for upcoming issues
(16:13:14) Andreas__: concerning the plan, the ground rules, TODOs etc
(16:13:44) Andreas__: in sum, we need to prepare a road map for the upcoming activities
(16:14:23) Andreas__: that's it from my side I guess
(16:15:28) tudenbart [] hat den Raum betreten.
(16:16:11) lizm: I don#t have anything new today. I'm still preparing for the OPENEXPO in Bern this wed and thurs.
(16:17:20) mdamboldt: Ok, thats already all for today?
(16:17:38) lizm: sure
(16:17:54) phaoUNTOtom: What areas are there where a volunteer can help out in?
(16:18:04) lizm: I love seeing so many people on the IRC with us...just a comment
(16:18:34) Andreas__: soon we will announce the next contribution phase, as pointed out by Christoph from his mail on Friday
(16:18:37) Andreas__: and ...
(16:18:39) sts_ [] hat den Raum betreten.
(16:19:03) sts_ hat den Raum verlassen (quit: Remote closed the connection).
(16:19:05) Andreas__: everyone will be able to contribute ideas, concepts etc.
(16:19:23) Andreas__: but more details about that later this week, I hope
(16:19:58) Andreas__: so to anwser your question, prototyping is where everyone could contribute
(16:20:01) phaoUNTOtom: IS where we would go to view more details
(16:20:13) Andreas__: details about what?
(16:20:16) phaoUNTOtom: ... and where we can help out?
(16:20:44) phaoUNTOtom: IS where we would go to view more details on how we can help out?
(16:21:13) Andreas__: ... just watch the renaissance main page for announcements or read the mailing list
(16:21:33) Andreas__: we will announce upcoming activities there
(16:21:40) lizm: is the starting place and the mailing lists of course are where direct communication takes place
(16:21:40) phaoUNTOtom: What is the URI for the renaissance main page ?
(16:21:45) Andreas__: moment
(16:21:48) phaoUNTOtom: Thanks lizm
(16:21:54) lizm: there you go. Great minds think alike
(16:21:56) Andreas__:
(16:21:59) lizm: :-)
(16:22:17) Andreas__: aha ok
(16:22:49) lizm: Also, be sure to have access to the UX blog
(16:22:59) Andreas__: right
(16:23:11) Andreas__:
(16:23:19) phaoUNTOtom: OK,
(16:23:22) Andreas__:
(16:23:33) lizm: and even do some blogging yourself when it gets to the design ideas. What are your strengths as far as volunteering?
(16:24:03) Andreas__: i have to comment on that
(16:24:25) lizm: Introducing yourself and your skills to the mailing list is always appreciated
(16:24:30) Andreas__: you'll be able to send in your ideas to the wiki, first without any public access
(16:24:50) phaoUNTOtom: Well, I can say I am no programmer,
(16:24:51) Andreas__: like Christoph said, but more details are comming out soon
(16:24:59) Andreas__: nice, welcome! ;-)
(16:25:24) phaoUNTOtom: I was going to see where you needed help and then ask myself if I can contribute in that area
(16:25:34) lizm: Good that you are not a programmer:-) We love them but have to supplement them with additional knowledge in user experience
(16:25:45) phaoUNTOtom: :-)
(16:26:31) phaoUNTOtom: That's all I was going to ask
(16:26:39) lizm: Are you a "user" of OOo? Then you surely have some experience and can share it.
(16:27:15) lizm: Of course that is very general. Details are always being discussed on the mailing lists, so tune in and see if something fits your skills
(16:27:18) phaoUNTOtom: Yes, I have helped others in the user forums.
(16:27:34) lizm: Very good. You probably know more than me ;-)
(16:27:58) lizm: And knowing where other users have trouble is always good to keep the user perspective
(16:28:09) phaoUNTOtom: :-)  It is my way of "paying back" for the free office suite
(16:28:41) lizm: You are wonderful! Thx! Like I said, keep an eye on the mailing lists and be sure to jump in whenever you feel you can. That is how it works ;-)
(16:28:54) phaoUNTOtom: OK
(16:29:12) lizm: Great to have you aboard.
(16:29:37) mdamboldt: So I asume thats all for todays meeting?
(16:29:51) Andreas__: I am done for today
(16:29:55) lizm: OK, folks, that's all for me. If anyone is going to be in Switzerland this week, maybe I'll see you there! Bye!
(16:30:10) phaoUNTOtom hat den Raum verlassen (quit: Remote closed the connection).
(16:30:15) mdamboldt: Ok, thanks for participation!
(16:30:16) mdamboldt: bye
(16:30:19) frankl: Bye!
== IRC Log ==
Personal tools