ReleaseStatus Minutes 2011-02-07 IRC log
(14:58:21) #oooreleases: The topic for #oooreleases is: Release-Stauts-Meeting, every monday at 15:00 Hamburg Time (13:00 UTC in summer)
(14:58:26) mdamboldt [~mdamboldt@nat/sun/x-ulilaytkqspozmzk] entered the room.
(14:58:29) mla: hi
(15:00:18) rtimm [~email@example.com] entered the room.
(15:00:47) rafaella [~Rafaella@nat/sun/x-fimkszcewhfmsort] entered the room.
(15:00:50) kai_a [~firstname.lastname@example.org] entered the room.
(15:01:20) stefan_b: Hi
(15:01:34) enoki [~email@example.com] entered the room.
(15:01:34) rafaella: hi
(15:01:47) mdamboldt: Hi
(15:02:16) UweL [~chatzilla@nat/sun/x-edrtizckcenvguwb] entered the room.
(15:02:25) mdamboldt: Welcome to this weeks release status meeting
(15:03:02) mdamboldt: Does anybody have the current numbers about the OpenOffice.org 3.3 L10N release approvals? How many do we have?
(15:03:14) mla: yes
(15:03:32) mla: 12 days after the release we have now 24 languages with 278 files in total
(15:04:00) mla: tomorrow Vietnamese is coming with additional 14 files
(15:04:33) mla: compared with the 3.2.1 release (29 languages with 294 files) this is again a satisfying release
(15:05:03) mdamboldt: Ok, thanks!
(15:05:23) mdamboldt: So any idea on handling the open languages?
(15:05:24) rafaella: mdamboldt, deadline to request distribution is February 10th
(15:06:01) mdamboldt: rafaella: Ok and after that date?
(15:06:27) mla: it's not only about the remaining languages, many of them have not released all files and platforms (due to several reasons)
(15:06:33) rafaella: After the deadline, my proposal would be - if the teams are ok - to have the builds be tested automatically and approved
(15:06:42) mla: we have still ~700 files in RC status
(15:07:43) rafaella: we could test automatically that the builds install. That's of couse not the same as the testing the native-teams are doing but the advantage would be that the users will not be confused by definitions such as untested and tested
(15:08:47) mdamboldt: rafaella: Sound like a good plan to me. Thus we would not only add new languages but also add remaining / open platforms for those languages which have already been released for some platforms only.
(15:09:16) mdamboldt: I like that proposal.
(15:10:18) rafaella: mdamboldt, indeed. However, if the proposal is approved, it's important to tell the teams that in case they do not want to see their language automatically tested they should say so.
(15:10:19) mdamboldt: rafaella: Guess you going to publish this proposal also on L10N mailing list, right?
(15:10:38) mla: I don't know of any language specific issue, so testing the installation only may sufficient for the remaining files
(15:11:02) rafaella: mdamboldt, yes. l10n + qa list. I know it#s cross posting but I think that too important...
(15:11:17) mdamboldt: rafaella: agree
(15:12:09) rafaella: ml1, yes, the automatic tests only refer to make sure the builds/language packs are installable
(15:12:53) rafaella: any other feedback on this?
(15:13:07) mla: I like it too, +1 from me
(15:15:15) UweL: +1
(15:16:18) rafaella: Ok. I'll prepare the announcement then and coordinate this with the QA.
(15:16:53) mdamboldt: Anything else for todays meeting?
(15:17:34) mla: @rtimm: do you know who is the lucky guy for the 100th milestone of DEV300?
(15:18:33) rtimm: Heiner (hr)
(15:18:43) mla: ok
(15:22:46) mdamboldt: Ok, sounds that all for today.
(15:22:48) mdamboldt: bye
(15:22:54) UweL: bye
(15:23:00) stefan_b: bye
(15:23:02) UweL left the room (quit: Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.83 [Firefox 3.0.5/2008120122]).
(15:24:07) mla: bye