ReleaseStatus Minutes 2010-04-26 IRC log

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Revision as of 06:17, 28 April 2010 by B michaelsen (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

(14:57:56) Das Thema für #oooreleases ist: Release-Stauts-Meeting, every monday at 15:00 Hamburg Time (13:00 UTC in summer)
(14:58:04) ja_: Moin
(14:58:33) rtimm [~Ruediger@nat/sun/x-fhqarfnzaonajtzb] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:00:36) ml1 [~ml93712@nat/sun/x-ejizolgknxfiwwvi] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:00:45) ml1: hi
(15:01:44) mdamboldt: Hi
(15:02:03) enoki: hi
(15:02:11) mdamboldt: Welcome to todays release status meeting. Let's see what we have today....
(15:02:28) UweL [~chatzilla@nat/sun/x-mkxgeqtkrvrvljct] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:02:31) mdamboldt: ...first we just created a new milestone, the OOO320m16.
(15:02:51) mdamboldt: ml1: Any info when the bits will be up on the mirrors?
(15:03:17) ml1: mdamboldt: I hope that I can upload the build today
(15:03:35) kai_a [~ka@nat/sun/x-lvfvopnjxpujwund] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:03:36) mdamboldt: Ok, great!
(15:03:42) MechtiIde: Now the Announcement comes in
(15:04:42) mdamboldt: Some CWS with further 3.2.1 stoppers are in progress and some are already in QA right now.
(15:05:11) mdamboldt: We received last open L10N in time last week and will now create corresponding L10N CWS for verification purpose asap.
(15:06:08) mdamboldt: Depending on when the L10N CWSs is available via ftp, we should have all at hand for doing the final 3.2.1 build.
(15:06:13) rafaella [~Rafaella@nat/sun/x-tleyfvocttvkbfra] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:06:39) rtimm: mdamboldt: great
(15:06:57) mdamboldt: Roughly some time next week we should be able to start the final master build than.
(15:07:32) mdamboldt: This would bring us to a Release Candidate in calender week 19 (10th to 16th May 2010)
(15:08:35) rtimm: BTW, OOO320 m17 will be built by Kurt (kz)
(15:08:41) mdamboldt: ok
(15:08:56) MechtiIde: and OOO320_m17 = RC1?
(15:10:25) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: This can become true in case L10N CWS don't last too long. Otherwise I may come to the idea to do an extra round with all but not L10N if those are the only gap.
(15:12:27) mdamboldt: Are there any further 3.2.1 stopper candidates to judge here today?
(15:14:02) Fridrich: mdamboldt: I don't know whether the showstoppers, but the mysql extension, I tried to build on windows, and I suceeded after I run some perl inplace editing on the headers and so on, not sure what your env for that is, but configure does not work out of the box for sure
(15:16:04) mdamboldt: Fridrich: may be you can be some specific....?
(15:17:09) Fridrich: mdamboldt: the headers/libraries that you download from check in headers for widows by a define __WIN__ which is not defined anywhere, so I had to replace all of them by _WIN32 which is a builtin define of the windows compilers
(15:17:50) Fridrich: mdamboldt: then running "build --all" in mysqlc and mysqlcpp* fails because the dependencies are not writtent correctly
(15:18:16) Fridrich: so, basically, one has to run the whole build in build --all --ignore && build --all
(15:18:58) Fridrich: apart the fact that this being a nice bugfix release, fscks up some things that one would not expect because of the branding changes
(15:20:43) Fridrich: I don't understand why one has to change the extension names in this cycle, while the variables in the source are not changed :)
(15:20:50) Fridrich: like $sundirname = "Oracle"
(15:22:28) Fridrich: but don't expect to have anything done with it, so don't bother explaing :)
(15:22:29) rtimm: Fridrich: I do not know anything about the build problems you encountered :-(
(15:22:53) rtimm: Fridrich: what dependencies are missing?
(15:23:26) Fridrich: rtimm: they are not missing, but build.lst is missing some modules that have to be built before
(15:25:11) Fridrich: rtimm: but I solve it by "make || make || make || make || make" in my build script
(15:25:20) rtimm: Fridrich: Could you please write me an issue for that? I'll pass it on...
(15:25:52) Fridrich: rtimm: ok, will do, just I didn't manage to track what module is actually missing, would write a patch if I had
(15:26:59) rtimm: What a pity
(15:27:27) rtimm: I'll have a look though
(15:28:02) kai_a: Fridrich: do you have these problems with a Novell or the Vanilla build. In the latter case, can anaybody confirm this behavior on Windows?
(15:28:37) Fridrich: kai_a: the novell build wrt the extensions is just a normal build
(15:28:53) Fridrich: kai_a: I don't expect anybody else building it on windows
(15:29:03) Fridrich: kai_a: who builds that in HH? fs?
(15:30:09) kai_a: Fridrich: some from time to time, but maybe not a full build?
(15:30:40) Fridrich: kai_a: anyway, I have a workaround and it works, just I have to simply modify the headers and it is ok
(15:31:17) ***rtimm wonders why Fridrich stumbles about problems the bots / tinderboxes do not see
(15:31:51) Fridrich: rtimm: I am a bot
(15:31:58) rtimm: anyway, probably not the best topic for this meeting
(15:32:13) Fridrich: rtimm: that is why I bring it :) just for the fun :)
(15:32:18) rtimm: Fridrich: ;-)
(15:32:35) mdamboldt: Ok, further items?
(15:33:34) Fridrich: _rene_: are you fine? you are too quiet today
(15:33:58) MechtiIde: _rene_, he is fine, he isn't here today
(15:34:08) MechtiIde: sorry Fridrich
(15:35:04) Fridrich: ;)
(15:35:30) mdamboldt: Ok, I will make a note in the Wiki about the RC1 of 3.2.1
(15:35:37) mdamboldt: Sounds thats all for todays meeting....
(15:36:51) mdamboldt: bye
(15:36:57) paveljanik: bye

Personal tools