ReleaseStatus Minutes 2010-04-19 IRC log

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Revision as of 21:27, 20 April 2010 by B michaelsen (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

(14:57:23) Das Thema für #oooreleases ist: Release-Stauts-Meeting, every monday at 15:00 Hamburg Time (13:00 UTC in summer)
(14:57:46) ml1 [~ml93712@nat/sun/x-hyruzkzjzzeleaoh] hat den Raum betreten.
(14:59:51) UweL [~chatzilla@nat/sun/x-fvybrwiotdkpjgga] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:00:10) ja_: Moin
(15:00:13) mdamboldt: Hi
(15:00:18) stefan_b: Hi
(15:00:22) ml1: hi
(15:00:50) mdamboldt: First topic, 3.2.1 release status:
(15:01:04) mdamboldt: Several stoppers have been nominated within last week on the mailing list.
(15:01:13) rosana_ardila [] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:01:55) mdamboldt: * 110876 Python macros not visible in macros chooser
(15:01:55) mdamboldt: * 110942 Dataview and Grid controls display error with Sqlite ODBC driver
(15:01:55) mdamboldt: * 110901 CWS OOO321L10n Wrong File Names of Located Files
(15:01:55) mdamboldt: * CWS cloph14 writing-aids licence cleanup
(15:01:56) mdamboldt: * 110387 otf font can not be printed in non-english locale
(15:01:56) mdamboldt: * 110766 chart: changing "" crashes oo
(15:01:56) mdamboldt: * 110747 extensions: mozilla plugin not working on 64bits
(15:01:57) mdamboldt: * 110769 Severe paint problem in StartCenter
(15:02:02) mdamboldt: All of those have already been accepted.
(15:02:31) mdamboldt: One other nominated issue has been rejected already on the mailing list. It's 109940 DataPilot´s result is restricted to 2^14 rows
(15:03:01) mdamboldt: One of the latest new ones is Issue 110951 progress bar in splash placed bogusly
(15:03:05) IZBot: Installation DEFECT RESOLVED FIXED P2 progress bar in splash placed bogusly
(15:03:20) mdamboldt: That one is already addressed in CWS nativeb, too.
(15:03:48) mdamboldt: Further more Issue 110980 has been nominated and accepted on te list.
(15:03:51) IZBot: Word processor DEFECT NEW P3 Certain WMF in .doc need extremely long time to open
(15:04:07) rafaella [~Rafaella@nat/sun/x-wqlgfnxdxhjzpcnt] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:04:12) mdamboldt: So all in all there is still a lot of "stopper traffic" going on.
(15:04:42) mdamboldt: Roughly I would expect to see many of the above fixed and QAed this week.
(15:05:00) mdamboldt: This results in possible start of OOO320m16 build end of this week.
(15:05:26) mdamboldt: Oliver Bolte will be doing the next OOO320 build.
(15:05:50) ***_rene_ plays the devils advocate
(15:05:57) mdamboldt: Last L10N handback is targeted for this Thursday.
(15:05:58) kai_a [~ka@nat/sun/x-kzhcvpxkcqkdwoam] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:06:07) _rene_: I see swest is still sun-branded in m14, is this also nativeb material? ;)
(15:06:15) _rene_: swext
(15:08:31) mdamboldt: rtimm: Can you please follow-up on this? I've already seen the re-branded swext Extensions internally. Seems there is an issue with the source!?
(15:09:41) mdamboldt: _rene_: Do you already have an Issue at hand?
(15:09:42) rtimm: _rene_: you said 'm14'. Any idea whether that is the same with m15?
(15:10:01) rtimm: m15 contains CWS nativea
(15:11:54) _rene_: rtimm: no, didn't succeed in building m15 yet.
(15:12:01) _rene_: mdamboldt: no
(15:12:12) mdamboldt: rtimm: That might be the reason, I had used m15 to look at some items.
(15:14:04) _rene_: rtimm: nativea2 doesn't touch swext
(15:14:17) _rene_:
(15:14:28) mdamboldt: Ok, so I think this is more or less the overall 3.2.1 status. In point of view to L10N handback and next L10N builds and corresponding integration, I would plan with OOO320m17 has first possible RC.
(15:14:58) _rene_: eh, I mean :)
(15:15:24) MechtiIde: that means the l10n CWs comes into m16? mdamboldt
(15:16:05) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: Yes, the first L10N CWS will go into m16 as far as I understood Ivo/Rafaella.
(15:18:12) mdamboldt: rtimm: The swext contains the Wiki Publisher doesn't it? That looks good at least when I looked into it last week. Sounds we have an issue with the source.
(15:18:29) _rene_: mdamboldt: yep
(15:19:05) MechtiIde: mdamboldt, for planning do you expect m17 the next week after so wie can test it at our QA-weekend from 30.4 to 2.5.
(15:19:44) ja_: Mechtilde: I had the same idea...
(15:19:51) rtimm: What do you mean with " an issue with the source"?
(15:21:25) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: I don't belive the m17 would be ready and distributed by that date.
(15:22:05) stefan_b: The little we have in HH by Friday will find a way to Essen, I believe.
(15:22:09) MechtiIde: then we should build it after that weekend, and we will test m16 intensively
(15:24:45) dtardon [~dtardon@nat/redhat/x-aramogchiqjupyed] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:24:54) rafaella: mdamboldt, yes, that's correct. The l10n CWS will be integrated into the m16.
(15:25:07) rtimm: _rene_: could you give me a hint, please: where do you see sun branding in swext?
(15:25:47) MechtiIde: rafaella, do you already know the name of the CWS?
(15:26:35) rafaella: MechtiIde, yes, I think we are talking about the OOO321l10n
(15:26:43) _rene_: rtimm: Tools -> Extension Manager. compare the others with the wiki pubisher.
(15:27:09) _rene_: (oracle vs. "puzzle" icon, ...)
(15:27:52) rafaella: MechtiIde, I can share with you the TCM testing report of the languages we had a look at internally. It's in TCM:
(15:27:57) mdamboldt: _rene_: Ah, so you mean the Wiki publisher now uses the Oracle Icon instead of the old default puzlle icon?
(15:28:00) rtimm: I see 'puzzle' icon, but no Sun branding
(15:28:09) _rene_: mdamboldt: no, it doesn't.
(15:28:24) _rene_: rtimm: and the other ones have "Oracle". I thought that was your goal? :)
(15:28:33) MechtiIde: rafaella, can you activate the TCM Tests for the 3.2.1RC?
(15:28:47) MechtiIde: so some people can have afirst look
(15:28:48) _rene_: mdamboldt: the other ones all do, though :)
(15:31:16) rtimm: _rene_: which ones have Oracle?
(15:32:18) _rene_: I don't have 3.2.1 installed anymore, if you *really* need you can get a screenshot tonight, but what about just installing the extensioins out of a m14 build? ;)
(15:33:28) rafaella: MechtiIde, I've added OOO321l10n already, now I've added 3.2.1RC in TCM. Can you please check?
(15:33:40) rtimm: _rene_: did so, got puzzle icons
(15:33:42) MechtiIde: *click*
(15:34:06) _rene_: interesting. I got loads of "Oracle"s
(15:34:46) ***_rene_ goes breaking his build environment again and installs m14 again *sigh*
(15:35:17) MechtiIde: rafaella, I see 000321 but the 2010-05-03 is to early
(15:35:23) MechtiIde: s/to/too
(15:35:41) MechtiIde: i guess it is better something like end of may
(15:35:53) MechtiIde: till all l10n groups does there test
(15:35:56) MechtiIde: tests
(15:37:01) MechtiIde: and the time for OOO321l10n ends today
(15:37:12) rafaella: MechtiIde, yes sure 03 is now 30....
(15:37:21) MechtiIde: this is better
(15:37:50) MechtiIde: rafaella, thanks
(15:38:05) rafaella: Mechtilde, for OOO321l10 that's correct because we want to integrate it...
(15:38:08) ***mdamboldt Checked my installation again, the public Wiki Publisher still contain the usual puzzle icon in my Extension Manager.
(15:38:32) _rene_: yeah
(15:38:38) _rene_: I didn't say anything else
(15:38:54) MechtiIde: rafaella, ok and after integration we can test it under OOO3.2.1RC
(15:39:21) _rene_: I said that the wiki publisher has the puzzle, while the rest hasn't. and no oone speaks about released extensions from extensions.s.oo.o but those coming straight out of a build
(15:39:24) ja_: Mechtilde: that's the plan
(15:39:26) rafaella: MechtiIde, correct
(15:39:36) mdamboldt: _rene_: All the other extensions in my installation (English, French and Spanish dictionaries) also use puzzle icons.
(15:39:44) ***_rene_ would give you a screenshot if this wasn't so damn slow over X forward over DSL..
(15:39:54) _rene_: mdamboldt: those are virtually non-existant on distributions
(15:40:05) _rene_: mdamboldt: so I don't see them :)
(15:40:24) _rene_: mdamboldt: ah, btw, while installing m14 again I see something broken:
(15:40:35) _rene_: Richte ein (1:1.2.1+OOo3.2.1~ooo320m14-1) ...
(15:40:35) _rene_: unopkg done.
(15:40:52) rtimm: _rene_: what extensions do you see in m14 with does not have the puzzle icon?
(15:40:53) _rene_: where did the output which was supposed to be there with -v (and was there in 3.2.0) go?
(15:41:51) _rene_: is a blocker for me
(15:42:01) msc_sun heißt jetzt msc_sun_away
(15:42:12) _rene_: since you can't debug unopkg failures anymore
(15:42:38) _rene_: rtimm: hell, I already said that
(15:42:56) _rene_: minimizer, mysqlc, report-builder, presenter-console
(15:43:21) rtimm: _rene_: as built by yourself?
(15:43:29) _rene_: of course
(15:43:45) _rene_: no patches. (except removing the license showing nonsense)
(15:44:41) mdamboldt: _rene_: And those have a puzzle icon with the sun -surce in the back?
(15:44:57) _rene_: mdamboldt: read. please.
(15:45:10) mdamboldt: I do. But I don't get it.
(15:45:14) _rene_: rtimm asked which do have the *Oracle* icon there.
(15:45:46) mdamboldt: _rene_: What is an "Oracle icon" for you? Is that the puzzle with the Sun s-curve?
(15:45:53) _rene_: goddamnit, let me do a screenshot
(15:46:24) rtimm: _rene_: now I see them, too
(15:46:35) rtimm: thanks for the description
(15:47:56) mdamboldt: rtimm: So it sounds like an issue for dv.
(15:49:02) mdamboldt: _rene_: Thanks for the informations and discovering this one. This is indeed an issue and we will follow-up on this with Dirk Voelzke.
(15:49:32) _rene_: rtimm:, mdamboldt:
(15:50:15) rtimm: The requested URL /~rene/broken.png was not found on this server.
(15:50:23) mdamboldt: _rene_: The url is not working for me, but I think the issue is now understood.
(15:50:27) _rene_: rtimm, mdamboldt: ah, nice. now after I extra started my laptop from remote, installed a OOo 3.2.1 there, did a screenshot over ssh X fw over two hops you tell me you now see. aha
(15:50:31) _rene_: rtimm: sorry, now
(15:50:56) mdamboldt: _rene_: Thanks!
(15:51:50) ja_: now I see the srceenshot!
(15:52:06) _rene_: *sigh* wasted time again. Did I mention I am at work and strictly speaking have better things to do?
(15:52:55) _rene_: (and power, and ...)
(15:53:00) rafaella: rafaella, now I can also see the screenshot: where is the bug?
(15:53:25) rtimm: _rene_: would not have happend if you had said which icons you mean from the beginning ...
(15:53:36) _rene_: I did. *Oracle*
(15:53:49) rtimm: anyway, thank you for your report. Yes, it's an issue
(15:53:53) _rene_: the wiki publisher one does not contain oracle anywhere whereas the others do
(15:53:59) rtimm: _rene_: what extension, I mean
(15:54:06) _rene_: I did. various times
(15:54:14) _rene_: should I count for you?
(15:54:42) _rene_: 15:26 < _rene_> rtimm: Tools -> Extension Manager. compare the others with the wiki pubisher.
(15:54:46) _rene_: nr. 1
(15:55:05) _rene_: 15:38 < _rene_> I said that the wiki publisher has the puzzle, while the rest hasn't. and no oone speaks about released extensions from extensions.s.oo.o but those coming straight out of a build
(15:55:09) _rene_: nr. 2
(15:55:11) rtimm: I checked several ones, just puzzle icon
(15:55:22) _rene_: 15:42 < _rene_> minimizer, mysqlc, report-builder, presenter-console
(15:55:24) _rene_: nr. 3
(15:55:25) rtimm: anyway, it's clear now, thank you
(15:55:43) _rene_: more`
(15:55:51) mdamboldt: Issue 110985 has been filed.
(15:55:59) IZBot: framework DEFECT NEW P2 extensions do not use generic puzzle icon
(15:56:57) _rene_: ok
(15:57:41) UweL hat den Raum verlassen (quit: Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.83 [Firefox 3.0.5/2008120122]).
(15:57:45) _rene_: and what about unopkg?
(15:58:01) _rene_: mdamboldt: should I file an issue for the unopkg thing or will you tell jl?
(15:58:18) mdamboldt: I will talk to jl and file the issue.
(15:58:34) _rene_: good
(15:59:23) mdamboldt: So that should be all for today. Are there any other items?
(15:59:49) MechtiIde: why do you remove "CellWrapping2 for 3.3 from the agenda?
(16:00:35) MechtiIde: I didn't read any response after the last meeting
(16:00:38) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: Thought it was an old item from last week!?!?
(16:00:53) _rene_: mdamboldt: btw, I'll do a s/Oracle Open Office (formerly StarOffice) and//. please don't advertise your non-free derivate in OOo ;)
(16:01:19) MechtiIde: mdamboldt, yes I ask last meeting but I didn't get any response
(16:01:30) mdamboldt: hm...
(16:02:12) mdamboldt: oliverc: Oliver?
(16:02:28) MechtiIde: and no traffic in the corresponding issues
(16:02:30) oliverc: mdamboldt: Yes?
(16:02:44) _rene_: mdamboldt: issue wanted? :)
(16:02:50) mdamboldt: oliverc: The CellWrapping issue?
(16:03:01) mdamboldt: => issues(s)
(16:03:33) oliverc: mdamboldt: I've talked to NN last week and he will have a look
(16:03:39) MechtiIde:
(16:03:59) mdamboldt: Ok, I will ping NN again.
(16:04:09) oliverc: mdamboldt: thanks
(16:04:13) MechtiIde: here all issues I know are listed inclusive suggestion what the reasons are
(16:04:39) MechtiIde: I know it isn't easy to reproduce
(16:06:20) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: Sorry for the "none response" on this so far. I will talk to Niklas.
(16:08:16) _rene_: a propos response...
(16:08:18) MechtiIde: I only want not to forget it
(16:08:42) _rene_: any comment on the advertising of a non-free product in a free extension for a free office?
(16:10:07) mdamboldt: _rene_: Response is fixing the bug 110985
(16:10:14) MechtiIde: _rene_, can you give a hint what you mean?
(16:10:29) mdamboldt: _rene_: Issue 110986 has been filed. (Didn't reach Jochen yet)
(16:10:35) IZBot: framework DEFECT NEW P2 unopkg -v does not work anymore
(16:12:44) _rene_: MechtiIde: the mentioning of StarOffice and Oracle Open Office in a extension for
(16:13:16) MechtiIde: tks
(16:13:45) _rene_: MechtiIde: eh, TAHT is correct
(16:13:49) _rene_: unopkg -v never worked.
(16:13:57) _rene_: unopkg (add|remove} -v
(16:14:00) _rene_: bah
(16:14:05) _rene_: mdamboldt: ^
(16:14:29) mdamboldt: _rene_: ah, ok should write slower
(16:15:25) ja_: anything else ?
(16:15:38) _rene_: .oO ( never let a manager create technical issues )
(16:16:02) MechtiIde: mdamboldt, nn can ping me in IRC if I'm online
(16:16:07) ***_rene_ assumed you knew the semantics of unopkg :)
(16:16:21) _rene_: ja_: yes. a answer for my question
(16:16:41) ja_: _rene_: 42
(16:16:54) _rene_: ja_: bad joke
(16:17:07) rtimm: _rene_: that one which has been answered with bug 110985?
(16:17:28) _rene_: no
(16:17:42) _rene_: 16:12 < _rene_> MechtiIde: the mentioning of StarOffice and Oracle Open Office in a extension for
(16:17:56) rtimm: Where else is it mentioned?
(16:18:03) rtimm: Besides the icon
(16:18:05) _rene_: in the extension description?
(16:18:45) _rene_: "The MySQL connector for Oracle Open Office (formerly StarOffice) [...]"
(16:19:22) rtimm: Ah. I looked into presentation minimizer
(16:19:51) rtimm: Giving details rarely hurts ;-)
(16:19:58) ml1: was it developed for OOo only? IMHO not but for both
(16:20:00) _rene_: I did
(16:20:11) _rene_: I said that it's for mysql
(16:20:14) _rene_: should I count again?
(16:20:27) _rene_: ml1: that doesn't matter, imho
(16:20:35) _rene_: ml1: was the report-builder?
(16:21:23) _rene_: ml1: the report builder (thankfully!) doesn't mention OOO or SO, too. neither does any other extension
(16:21:24) ml1: when you can install it on both, why should it be forbidden also to mention both?
(16:21:47) _rene_: ml1: none of the other extensions mention any product
(16:22:10) _rene_: ml1: besides that, you mention two non-free versions of Ooo there. *before* OOo.
(16:22:25) ml1: honestly, I cannot see this as a problem
(16:22:31) _rene_: the compromise could be OOo before OOO and SO. Or (I'd like that better) getting rid of it
(16:22:58) _rene_: ml1: I do. I want no references to OOO or SO in OOo
(16:23:22) mdamboldt: _rene_: I will take care of this item and talk to people who changed that text lately.
(16:23:31) mdamboldt: Other items?
(16:23:46) _rene_: mdamboldt: btw, unopkgadd doesn't exist either :P
(16:24:16) _rene_: mdamboldt: ah, you fixed it already
(16:24:40) mdamboldt: Ok, sounds thats all for today....
(16:25:57) rafaella hat den Raum verlassen (quit: Quit: Leaving).
(16:27:33) mdamboldt: bye
(16:29:00) ml1 hat den Raum verlassen

Personal tools